Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
After so many disappointments with story driven games, Cyberpunk 2077 was something really something different.
I never cared much for swords stuff and I don't particularly care who makes products, but I see this one breaking new ground. I would have probably forgotten that CDPR exists without this game.

I see people who don't like the game posting unable to accept the fact that not everyone likes swords and magic. Some of us like real life things, philosophical matters, like game can be seen exploring Nietzsche and Sartre or something with more of socio-political aspect like John Stuart Mill.

I think some people play perhaps too much games and are invested in fiction to appreciate what Cyberpunk 2077 is. I'm not sure if some people are even expressing their own opinion, but someone from youtube.

Moderator: A few posts deleted. Please, keep the discussion respectful and friendly. No need for ridicule or skirmishes.

I really did enjoy the story, city, characters and side quests. Soundtrack is amazing. I can't wait for more, especially expansions. That means I'm not disappointed, just wish it was released when the whole game is ready.

The game is a quite perfect example of good but disappointing. I got my fair share of enjoyment out of it, and some aspects are really great: Night City, characters, music, variety of builds etc. But whole experience is dragged down with lots of things being underwhelming or half-baked: underwhelming main storyline, lack of choices, lack of enemy variety, meh gigs etc. It is especially disappointing because one can see that there was lots of potential, they simply failed to live up to it. Marketing promised all the great stuff, which developers couldn't pull off in timetable given to them.

Enviroment is beautiful, they need add more story dlc's and continue story of V.....V finding way to save his life!

After playing 150hrs across multiple playthroughs, I gotta say I love the characters, and some of the side quests and main missions are incredibly done, but I am pretty disappointed in the game, especially after rewatching some of the marketing and the demo after my plplaythroughs.

I get that the game was rushed, its obvious from the cut content (no garage, no 3rd person cutscenes, no romance in Vs apartment, ffs I can't even get a haircut... I could go on and on.) But the thing that makes it the biggest disappointed I've experienced in gaming, is the LACK OF CHOICE.

The game makes you feel like the guy from that Time Machine movie from over a decade ago, no matter how many times you go back and replay a situation differently, you get the same outcome. A youtuber by the name of Letalis does a great job explaining this feeling in his review of CP.

And at the end, Soulkiller is used on V, and its no big deal, WHAT?? So V dies, and comes back as an engram, but only has 6 months to "live." But as an engram occupying the same relic johnny was on... sorry, it just makes me mad that this wasn't elaborated on further (I think alts explanation was lazily/hastily written, and leaves some serious holes in the story.) Why wouldn't the relic rewrite V back into her brain, just as it had done with johnny? I mean, they could have blamed it on the chip being damaged, but they didn't. I'm sorry, but I just don't buy the body's immune system rejecting V's data as if it were some organ transplant.

Agh, I won't ramble on. The game was a huge let down for me, and its because the game doesn't do what it was advertised to do, your choices and life path don't matter, in the end you just get To pick the ending you want. I felt like I was deceived.
So, most disappointing game of 2020? For me, yeah, definitely.

"Coming when it's ready..."

I voted yes because the more I play the more I feel what could've been! However Initially I was very happy with the way the game was/is because I learned a long time ago to lower my expectations. I think Skyrim was the last one to truly meet them.

missing contents - that's what disappointed me.The game feels empty, love story is empty, after a date with a love interest, love ends.Sometimes it seems that your love interest simply does not care if you are alive or not. They react to the imminent death of V as if it is normal and do not offer any help.Our love interest itself is not involved in love with us.Seriously, this is what I saw.And this applies not only to the love story, there are such holes almost everywhere.These things disappointed me

For me, it has been. I did enjoy a loot in the +200 hours i've played, but expectations were too high. I was expecting THE game, and this is just an ok game...
Hope it gets better, but it will be hard for cdpr to offset the disappoint.
Happy new year, chooms!
If you admit to setting your expectations too high, would that really be fair to say it was the game that let you down?

Fortunately I think for myself rather than acquire my opinions from youtube / someone else. Thus I answered, of course, no. However, some of the spelling on this forum is atrocious.

In my opinion, the most disappointed game of 2020 was this pandemic sh.t
Wait a minute, it wasn't a game? Oh boy...

Is it a perfect game, no. Does it live up to the hype, sorta. Is it a fun game, yes! I know it's a low bar, but this game lives up to the long hype better than Duke nuke 'em forever did. While it has it's fair share of issues, i'm amazed at the writing and art of this game.

Most disappointing game of all time for me.

It's not a bad game, there are some really good parts. It might even be one of my favourite games of the year. Although it was not the best of years. I think I'd give it a 7/10 for my PC-playthrough.

But considering the marketing of the game coupled with the insane leap in quality between all The Witcher titles (which btw I would give them all 10/10 for different reasons), I was expecting the same kind of leap from the Witcher 3 to Cyberpunk 2077. Not even taking bugs, AI and rough edges into account. Only story and gameplay. It was just slightly above mediocre. In this lineup that is light years appart from expectations.

Wow, even on their own forums they couldn't manage much more than 50%.
Some screaming dude said it on youtube, so it must be true!

Everything he said was pretty much spot on, though. And scroll up to the top of this page - the game didn't manage to get much higher than 50% in disagreement with Joe...

on their own forum!

Yes and no. It's disappointing that CDPR was not able to deliver the game they wanted to make and marketed, but I've really enjoyed the game even in the broken, buggy, unfinished state it's in.

I just hope CDPR will take the time and effort necessary to retroactively make the game what they originally envisioned. The game really deserves it.

Top Bottom