Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
i bought 10 cyberpunk keys so i can spread the good job of the developers. and i will never regret it

Most dissapointing game, does not mean worse game.
Both, for me. Although, admittedly, I don't have a large selection to choose from for 2020. I've been getting increasingly disappointed with games for a few years, they just don't appeal they way they used to - from them being unfinished glitchy messes, to having graphics styles that I don't care for, to stupid stories if they have a cohesive one at all - CP77 just magnified that disappointment, to the point that I almost did quit gaming. I didn't because I know that I still have the older games on my 360/One I can still play and love. It's actually rare for me to try something new these days, a few years ago I'd happily pick up something to try if it looked good, I don't risk it so much now.

Last of Us 2 was worse. It's like they had it their goal to troll you and piss you off. Kills beloved character, makes player play the killer and tries to make you like an unlikable character. Makes player fight the girl you like from the first story with the character you don't like.

I don't have a console, but I've watched all the playthroughs. It was really bad. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

My mind was made up before the game came out, just becuase people call it an RPG when it was never going to be, i think if they called it an open world story game or something, i would feel differently

No other game had ever disappointed me that bad. And I've been gaming since 2001. So yes, Cyberpunk 2077 is the most disappointing game of 2020.

It's also the most disappointing game of 2021 because it's been almost a year since release and nothing from the original "Our Commitment to Quality" got fullfiled so far.

The most disappointing one for me was - and it's not even close - Resident Evil 3 Remake. Such a waste of a good game. I still rather play the original, even without mods, but hell, if you add a HD-texture mod to Resident Evil 3: Nemesis it's a great game, in gameplay and looks alike, not the shitfest the Remake was. I even originally casted my vote as "yes" for Cyberpunk, because my head just didn't want the Resident Evil 3 Remake to be real.

But Cyberpunk holds the second place, although there weren't many games I was looking forward to in 2020, which made this an easy one if it wasn't for Resi 3. Still I wanted more polish, not necessarily more RPG or more story, but the way the game was released was scummy to say the least. To this day I think that the last gen console versions shouldn't be for sale as they are still way too unstable. And even the PC version, which is what I own, is just plain unfinished, although that is playable, at least for me it was.

That was the most disappointing game of my life!
They promised an ambitious and revolutionary game, but delivered marketing [...] and mediocrity. :facepalm:
I expected a BIG game that would compete with Rockstar, but Cyberpunk was worse than Ubisoft games..

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3847602

The only two 2020 games I played and didn't end up liking were Total War Saga: Troy and AC Valhalla.
On the other hand I had Cyberpunk 2077, Crusader Kings 3, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Desperados 3 and art of rally. I had a blast every minute I was playing those. So, it was pretty amazing year for me as far as video games go. :D

Nope, the most 2020 disappointing game, was Yakuza LAD, however rather well "noted" and with good reviews... matter of tastes :)
Fighting with my fists against an excavator was not the greatest experience of that year :D

Cyberpunk is likely the most disappointing game in history. The crazy level of hype is about as culpable as the failure to deliver upon it though. Then again, CDPR are largely responsible for both. I largely enjoyed the game despite its many, many flaws. That is, until my 3rd game-breaking bug made me shelf it for better days. The potential is undeniable though, so I might actually pick the game up again - unlike most other disappointing games.

Yes, it is. And it pains me, since there are fragments of potetnial, greatness and what it could have been. For example music and voice acting, writing sometimes. I played at least 200 hrs split on pc and xbox series x, also played pen and paper cp2020. it cant even compete with old games like deus ex, Vtm bloodlines, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas or Kotor II. From newer games it pales besides Nier automata and Replicant, rdr2, Control, even Watch Dogs legion was better and non of the above said their game will "redefine the rpg genre" and the other marketing lies. When they said whole game is going to be a meme, they didn lie, smh.

I responded to this in January basically saying "yes, but it's not really the worst game ever" and I'd love to update that to "Still yes, and also this is hands-down the worst experience I've ever had with a game or game dev." I'm not sure anything will ever top the horrible taste CDPR and CP77 have left in my mouth.

It's so bad, it retroactively altered my opinion of other games I'd played before that fell into the same patterns as CP77. They had just done it more subtly, so I didn't notice until CP77 was so open and in-your-face about it. Kind of impressive, honestly.

Top Bottom