Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020? POLL

+

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the most dissapointing game of 2020

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I understand, but all I can say is that I had no problem feeling what the writers wanted me to feel during any of the scenes with Jackie.
- conversations between him and V were written convincingly enough to convey close friendship
- he's probably the only decent person we meet in Act 1
- I hate bringing up FPP here, but I kinda have to: watching his face from close distance as life slips away from him makes the scene much more impactful
I don't think anything that happens in Act 2 require more Jackie to work. It's not dealing with V grieving over his death, being traumatized, etc... This isn't ME3 situation with Shepard and kid from Vancouver.
As for the rest, you said that nothing could convince that the story is not drastically altered, so there's nothing for me to add. :shrug:
There's also that for us that Jackie works as character it would be awful for replays to go through his death every time replaying the game if relationship were even more close.

Guest 3847602

There's also that for us that Jackie works as character it would be awful for replays to go through his death every time replaying the game if relationship were even more close.
I don't know. It could probably go either way.
As much as I like Jackie, I don't think he would work as a major character. He's simple-minded with very basic goals in life (get rich and famous) and this works for the role writers had assigned to him.
I honestly believe that if the Act 1 was 2-3 hours longer with 5-6 additional missions with Jackie, I'd feel like he would overstay his welcome and his death wouldn't have the proper effect.

I don't know. It could probably go either way.
As much as I like Jackie, I don't think he would work as a major character. He's simple-minded with very basic goals in life (get rich and famous) and this works for the role writers had assigned to him.
I honestly believe that if the Act 1 was 2-3 hours longer with 5-6 additional missions with Jackie, I'd feel like he would overstay his welcome and his death wouldn't have the proper effect.
That's one way to look at him and as valid as anything. It's that it's pretty damn hard to nail character and companionship on audience. Went on related to on suggestion back in Feb. Check here. Under: Problem 1: Jackie. :p

Top Bottom