Is dlss at 1080p worth it?

+
What do you guys think?

I personally only find dlss useable, while on 1080p, on quality mode. Though still a bit blurry. I can't figure out if i like the blurriness tbh, it has a charm.

By the way, does dlss on 1080p (quality) produce the same picture quality as native 1080p? Or can you tell that it definetly is upscaled from 720p (maybe lower?)?

Edit: I took these screenshots, i can't see the difference? 1440p dlss quality vs 1080p dlss quality.

NOTE: i am using DSR for downscaling. I know both pictures target the same 1080p res, but i don't see any loss of detail from the upscaled 1080p (720p internal) unless the 1440p (1080p internal) downscaling causes loss of detail aswell?

Attachments

• 1440p.png
    1440p.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 3,598
  • 1080p.png
    1080p.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 3,501
Last edited:
It's gonna be different for everyone, see if it fits your taste or not. There're pros and cons to it, like for example DLSS in quality mode(!) fixes a lot of the flickering TAA causes, plus gives you a nice little FPS boost, however the image does get somewhat blurrier (try taking screenshots with and without and checking them outside of the game) and it makes the map menu super ugly imo. Ultimately I opted to use it because the blurriness doesn't bother me personally as much as the flickering does.

DC9V

Forum veteran
DLSS quality on 1080p definitely uses lower resolution, you can clearly see that in the reflections of puddles. Me personally, at 1080p I prefer to disable DLSS while using the non-RayTracing High or Ultra preset. Some locations however look quite nice with RayTracing even with DLSS enabled, so you might want to turn it on occasionally. If you don't like Motion Blur, which is able to hide aliasing effects, I definitely recommend to disable DLSS at 1080p, unless you want to play at higher frame rates like 90 FPS and above. But in the end it all comes down to preference.
Post automatically merged:

It's gonna be different for everyone, [...] Ultimately I opted to use it because the blurriness doesn't bother me personally as much as the flickering does.
I believe In some instances the flickering / aliasing becomes noticeably worse with DLSS, especially fences and some objects that are far away...

Last edited:
DLSS on any setting will use one or more categories of resolution lower than your displayed resolution for upscaling/resampling. So if you are running 1920x1080 (iirc the values for 1080p), and your DLSS is set to quality, it will use a 720 class resolution (1280x720). If you do performance, it may use the same 720 image to upscale, just perform less sharpening/antialiasing to it before the upscale.

There is some ghosting/blur, like motion blur, for any dlss, since it is taking potentially an earlier shot and upscaling it, updating with a partial ghost when it is upscaled. I had motion blur off, and dlss on, and had the blur.

Top Bottom