Is DLSS supposed to work like this?

+
Helluw

My pc specs are : 5900x 2080 ti 32 gb ram
Game resolution : 1440p

Just wondering why my fps just doesn't change no matter what settings i put without RT, even tried no DLSS and nothing changes.
now when i enable RT only then DLSS is doing its job pretty well but such low fps is not playable on my part.

Some pics to help you understand better.

Kinds regards
VK

Attachments

• 1 Ultra perf med.jpg
    1 Ultra perf med.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 217
  • 2 Quality med.jpg
    2 Quality med.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
  • 3 Ultra perf max.jpg
    3 Ultra perf max.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 176
  • 4 Quality max.jpg
    4 Quality max.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
  • 5 Quality max + RT ultra.jpg
    5 Quality max + RT ultra.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 163
  • 6 Ultra perf max + RT ultra.jpg
    6 Ultra perf max + RT ultra.jpg
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 7 No dlss max settings.jpg
    7 No dlss max settings.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Helluw

My pc specs are : 5900x 2080 ti 32 gb ram
Game resolution : 1440p

Just wondering why my fps just doesn't change no matter what settings i put without RT.
now when i enable RT only then DLSS is doing its job pretty well but fps still too low to enjoy the game.

Some pics to help you understand better.

Kinds regards
VK
DLSS might give noting in performance gain under some conditions. What it does is downscale and upsample the resolution of the game. Lower resolutions might create other bottlenecks. If you check your GPU + CPU usage you see that the lower the quality the lower gpu usage is. Something is limiting the % of usage of the gpu (probably cpu usage) if cant feed your gpu fast enough pretty much. So no increased FPS. OR your locked to 50 fps trough some limiter (in game or other program/drivers)

DLSS might give noting in performance gain under some conditions. What it does is downscale and upsample the resolution of the game. Lower resolutions might create other bottlenecks. If you check your GPU + CPU usage you see that the lower the quality the lower gpu usage is. Something is limiting the % of usage of the gpu (probably cpu usage) if cant feed your gpu fast enough pretty much. So no increased FPS. OR your locked to 50 fps trough some limiter (in game or other program/drivers)

Thanks for quick reply, So AMD 5900x is not fit for a 2080 ti ? or is it the other war around? Anything i could do to limit my CPU usage so GPU has more work?

Thanks for quick reply, So AMD 5900x is not fit for a 2080 ti ? or is it the other war around? Anything i could do to limit my CPU usage so GPU has more work
Eh not exactly. You can probably put whatever cpu in the world in it and it might not improve much. DLSS is making the game render at a % of the original resolution. Once you pass 1080p no cpu can really keep up with a gfx card.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-image-scaler-dlss-rtx-november-2021-updates/

Theres a chart of the scales in that even if it might be a bit old. It shows the concept. DLSS tbh is really made for 4k and higher resolutions when using the performance and ultra performance. 1440p i would not use under balanced since the cpu just cant feed the gpu all those fps. You will hit a limit sooner or later no matter what pc you have at lower resolutions pretty much.

Eh not exactly. You can probably put whatever cpu in the world in it and it might not improve much. DLSS is making the game render at a % of the original resolution. Once you pass 1080p no cpu can really keep up with a gfx card.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-image-scaler-dlss-rtx-november-2021-updates/

Theres a chart of the scales in that even if it might be a bit old. It shows the concept. DLSS tbh is really made for 4k and higher resolutions when using the performance and ultra performance. 1440p i would not use under balanced since the cpu just cant feed the gpu all those fps. You will hit a limit sooner or later no matter what pc you have at lower resolutions pretty much.

Thanks, can say with some relief that its fine like this, the game gets between 40-50 fps only in crowded areas inside buildings its good. , i read those infos somewhere else as well but getting response here just gives better relief overall ^^ thanks again.

sw333

Forum regular
I saw a benchmark scores with youtube user on 13900k and Rtx 4090, and he got 145fps on that settings in benchmark, when me 115fps. Any ideas? Here someone with Rtx 4090 and hes dlss Ultra Performance is "working" in benchmark:

So why i dont have fps increase on DLSS ULTRA PERFORMANCE on 12900K and rtx 4090 ( 1440P ) . But that person have increase about 30 fps more than me. Hmm? I doubt it is because 12900k vs 13900k 30 fps?!

Top Bottom