Is Fringilla in the expansion? Or did CDPR throw her under the bus ones more?

+
Is Fringilla in the expansion? Or did CDPR throw her under the bus ones more?

Referring to the severe lack of dialogue considering who she was to Geralt.

sv3672

Forum veteran
As far as I know, she is not in the expansion at all, nor is she mentioned in dialogues, or at least not by name (which is easy to search for).

Edit: I found a letter from Fringilla, but that seems to be about it.

Last edited:

sv3672

Forum veteran
No she's not in there and I did not even find the letter. Where was it?

I did not find the letter myself either, but it was sent to a certain Carthia van Canten, if that is of any help. This is all I found in the files of the expansion that contains the word "Fringilla". There is another letter to Carthia van Canten from Prince Anseis, who is mentioned in Fringilla's letter, and calls Carthia "Cantarella" in the letter.

Last edited:
the mage that created the fairy tale world in B&W has Vigo surname, he was her father?

Nope she isn't and I'm ok with that. We got Regis instead and he is much better anyway lol.

LOL! Nope no offense brah at all:) it's just in my opinion Fringilla is like one of the most interesting characters in Andrzej Sapkowski novels She is very will written not saying Regis was not or anything like dat he was will done. Fringilla just had more to her.. Andrzej Sapkowski seem put a lot of time into Fringilla's interesting personality and character wise.

It is the most jarring thing in the whole B&W for me: there's not a single dialogue about her, not a thought about her, like she never existed and lived there.

Her astounding 2-minute-appearance in the end of base game was less painful than that :D

Lack of Fringilla?

What's up with this? :/ She's not even mentioned in Blood & Wine.. and the romance in the expansion just seems like a Fringilla replacement, so why didn't they just use her? She has so much more background with Geralt, the area and every other character in it.

It's a shame they passed up this opportunity... the one other main love interest for Geralt was Fringilla, she's the only one that came even close to Yennefer. But not even a mention in the new expansion that takes place in her hometown? For real? Pretty sure her Uncle gets more mentions in the expansion than Fringilla and her lines of dialogue in the base game.

Directed here by Opto! :D

What I don't get is why they decided to make a whole "Long lost sister" plot point and introduce another new character, that has similar traits, attitude and position in the story line. :( But then again, the importance of their characters is almost a complete backflip on the source material.

IMO, the character of Anna Henrietta is far different from the one of the books. In the books she was a stupid princess with no knowledge of how the world works out of her small kindgom. That's why it was so easy for Dandelion to get laid with her.

IMO, CDPR did a mix between the characters of Anna Henrietta and Fringilla Vigo to make a more consistent character. The story rallies around her problem with her sister and the Duchess from the books would had simply order to kill her sister because she is a threat.

Despite of this, I think it would have been better to see Fringilla, as many fans asked in the previous months to the release of BaW

Top Bottom