Is Gwent MP only?

+
I'm thinking of getting the Gwent game (separate from TW3), the art is amazing and, even though I'm usually not into card games, after playing LoR and enjoying it I'm more open-minded now. However, I have zero interest in PvP/Multiplayer. Even if it lacks a sort of "Story Mode"/SP campaign ala Path of Champions from LoR, does it have at least Player vs AI?

It has a training mode in which you can play against AI. But this AI is very stupid and there is not much to enjoy playing this.

If you want a singleplayer Gwent i suggest to try Gwent: Rogue Mage. It is designed as a singleplayer game with a much better AI.

I'm thinking of getting the Gwent game (separate from TW3), the art is amazing and, even though I'm usually not into card games, after playing LoR and enjoying it I'm more open-minded now. However, I have zero interest in PvP/Multiplayer. Even if it lacks a sort of "Story Mode"/SP campaign ala Path of Champions from LoR, does it have at least Player vs AI?
So, better get Thronebreaker - it`s sort of mix between HoMM exploration, resources and building, RPG storyline, with fights using GWENT mechanics and cards.
I really liked it.

It's a pity that there is no PvE mode, I think the biggest mistake is not to make Rogue Mage an internal gwent mode :facepalm:
I hope they add PvE in the future
Indeed, I thought Gwent would have some form of SP mode, given that it comes from an SP game (TW3). Perhaps I'll get over my aversion to MP just this time and play Gwent anyway, I just love anything from The Witcher.

Thronebreaker sounds like the best option as far as pure SP goes though. That Queen Meve gives me some Rhaenyra vibes, seems like an intriguing character. Thanks for all the replies.

Top Bottom