Is it fair to say the next major patch should come out 'sooner'?

+
The gap between 1.3 and 1.5 had 7 months between major patches. I think largely why was that the next gen version was basically all hands on deck. So, should 1.6 (or whatever they're calling it) come out 'faster' now?

Yeah, as always, it's done when it's done. Besides, how long patches/updates take in general also depends on what kind of new stuff will be implemented and how complicated that is and so on. And at this point I'd say the more important thing is to iron out a few issues that came with 1.5. Afterwards, I'd rather look forward to new content than another major patch. Of course that's just my opinion.

With open world games like that there's almost always a ton of stuff you could improve or implement but at some point you have to move on. Then again, an expansion would likely add some improvements that are good for the main game as well. Anyhow, we'll see what really happens...

I agree, but no rush as well... we need(for those who have finished all the missions), new missions!!!! Car races, play in concerts, NCPD missions or a job at NCPD, dynamic events, more romance with Judy(in my case), go dinner with, invite in our new appartements. More sexy clothes, lingerie, shoes etc... The potential is there, plz. version 1.5 is a great base for a cyberpunk métaverse :)

"IS IT FAIR TO SAY THE NEXT MAJOR PATCH SHOULD COME OUT 'SOONER'?"

Difficult to say. The game is vast and demands extreme careful planning else it'll bite you in the ass. Have to play 1.5 from the beginning again to be sure, but so far it has all the toe tail marks 1.5 didn't produce any serious issues on that accord. So I take it that the team took all the time in the world to be sure that the patch was solid, 100% consistent and guaranteed.

If that means that customers have to wait a long time for a new patch, then I'll say to CDPR, "Take all the time in the world. No rush".

Last edited:
The gap between 1.3 and 1.5 had 7 months between major patches. I think largely why was that the next gen version was basically all hands on deck. So, should 1.6 (or whatever they're calling it) come out 'faster' now?
That will entirely depend on what that new patch would add.
But isnt it (again!) A bit premature to speculate on when a next update comes out when the last one is out for like what, 10 days?

A part of me will probably never understand topics like these...

I'm hoping for a 1.51 patch to fix any major new issues with 1.5, then a paid expansion in the next 3-6 months.

That will entirely depend on what that new patch would add.
But isnt it (again!) A bit premature to speculate on when a next update comes out when the last one is out for like what, 10 days?

A part of me will probably never understand topics like these...

I'm just wondering, because this was a unusual update process with the whole next gen stuff.

Yeah, as always, it's done when it's done.
Well not always ;D

I agree the updates for the game is pretty slow. Patch 1.5 just released now and the game was released, what 12-2020? Despite them adding a lot of stuff, there are still some massive issues with the game that needs to be addressed, but hopefully they will get there at some point.

I'm just wondering, because this was a unusual update process with the whole next gen stuff.
Okay, then here a counterproposal from my side: what if there is no new intermediate update and the next one will be a straightup 2.0 with greatly expanded story bits and all kinds of little additions.

I'm hoping for them to drop something of substance before the big expansions, and I'd say it's very likely to take less than 7 months as they don't have to port the game to 2 (2,5 i guess, Series S exists) new platforms.
However 1.5 introduced plenty of new bugs, there will be some polishing to be done, which will delay additional features if they even plan to add some.

I'm also feeling like there won't be major patches before an (still unannounced) expansion...

We have to remember CDPR is also busy developing next-gen Witcher 3. So I'm thinking the next major release will be that, while possible minor fixes for CP77 and then there will be CP77 2.0 with a major expansion.

Don't they need to fix the new 1.5 bugs first?
I mean THEN I could see a major update (maybe paid DLC) coming soon. But nothing until the 1.5 bugs are at least somewhat addressed.

My bet is that there might be some bugfixing for patch 1.5, but i doubt they will add new content since it can also introduce new bugs. Then,perhaps, with story expansion they might drop new features/mechanics-hopefully,without touching a lot what we have to avoid bugs-.
But, i doubt they will shift to game as a service between cp2077 and cp20xx(or whatever they call the sequel) and keep dropping content. PC users might have some luck with mods,depending on what is released as modkit.

I am new here, as I just bought and downloaded on my Xbox one, I wasn't able to play without the new update. Playing on the current update right now I can't even shoot my gun in training or in any other part of the game. I'm not even 1% in and I don't even want to go further. I was hoping I waited long enough to play it, but apparently not. Lol! I don't even know if they know about this problem, I hope I'll be able to play it on the next update.

I'm also feeling like there won't be major patches before an (still unannounced) expansion...

We have to remember CDPR is also busy developing next-gen Witcher 3. So I'm thinking the next major release will be that, while possible minor fixes for CP77 and then there will be CP77 2.0 with a major expansion.
Wasent Witcher 3 next gen by another studio? Im fairly sure its not developed by CDPR directly.

Wasent Witcher 3 next gen by another studio? Im fairly sure its not developed by CDPR directly.

It is.

Regardless of that, I'm not sure where people get this weird notion that studios only work on one thing at a time. Even if it was developed in-house, there would be a team assigned to that, a team assigned to CP2077 support/patches/DLC and a team assigned to CP2077's expansion and a team assigned to whatever other project. CP2077 would get the majority of manpower, TW3 next-gen is only meant to extend the game's lifecycle. It's not a huge deal at this point.

Focus is on CP's immediate future, I have no doubt. I'm talking about an expansion here, not patches. The game is, generally speaking, in a good spot now. The biggest part of their manpower is better spent on the expansion but I have no doubt we'll see 1.6 and probably 1.7 before the expansion.

What next? Another major update? The first expansion? The physical version for next-gen consoles?

April? May? June?

I'll tell you what. Goro Takemura is begging for a romantic expansion. Before or after [major story event]. Just putting that out there, hope a dev stumbles on this.

Top Bottom