Is it just me or is Quen stupifiyingly OP on normal?

+
Is it just me or is Quen stupifiyingly OP on normal?

I guess I should have gone for hard, but alas I started the game on normal difficulty. At first it had its challenges, but now it is extremely easy. Quen + hit and run seems to defeat every single enemy that isn't strong enough to do serious damage despite of Quen being active.

I've just defeated a lvl 28 Water Hag with my lvl 15 Witcher and had full health left.:comeatmebro:

Normal is the new easy in today's gaming, try death march, it's just a simple increase of enemy HP and damage, but at least it's a challenge(real challenge is something different but let's not get too deep into this). The main challenge are still weird hitboxes and clunky controls.

U're going to face enemies who break quen with one blow and still deal serious damage. Water hags aren't rly the strong kind of monsters i guess.

Is there anything preventing you from setting the difficulty higher now that you've realized that the one you've selected is too easy?

U're going to face enemies who break quen with one blow and still deal serious damage. Water hags aren't rly the strong kind of monsters i guess.
But do they break Quen and do damage even when they don't outlevel you? I fought the Chort in Mysterious Track who also outleveled me with the same tactic. Even he couldn't damage me.

---------- Updated at 01:12 PM ----------

Is there anything preventing you from setting the difficulty higher now that you've realized that the one you've selected is too easy?
tbh, I just subconsciously assumed it would be fixed, but from your post I take it, it isn't.

Quen has always been OP, it was OP as fuck in the previous game if you had it maxed out.

I barely even use Quen, I just use Igni and when shit is burning just carve them up. gg

Same as Witcher 2; quen is the best sign. I will say this though. I can't speak on the lower difficulties, but on death march, there's no point in upgrading quen. The alternate form of quen is worse than the original form. Certain enemies can one-shot you through it, whereas the original form of quen always blocks at least one hit.

To be honest, compared to the combat tree, signs don't seem to be good at all on death march. It's confusing to me, seeing all these posts saying that signs are overpowered. They must not be playing on death march.

By the way, if you're finding normal to easy, you can up the difficulty at any time in the options.

Well instead of creating a thread about that don't use Quen if you feel that is OP. so your problem would be solved.
I like my Quen as it is, i'm not an hardcore gamer and want to play and have fun.

Tuco

Forum veteran
I didn't play on normal, but I read several people claiming Quen is "the best sing ever and the one you should use constantly" and I have to say that it really didn't feel that way on Death March.
It's useful at times, but not really more than any other sign.

Quen is pretty great. No need to call it OP, but it's definitely my most used sign.

Same as Witcher 2; quen is the best sign. I will say this though. I can't speak on the lower difficulties, but on death march, there's no point in upgrading quen. The alternate form of quen is worse than the original form. Certain enemies can one-shot you through it, whereas the original form of quen always blocks at least one hit.

To be honest, compared to the combat tree, signs don't seem to be good at all on death march. It's confusing to me, seeing all these posts saying that signs are overpowered. They must not be playing on death march.

By the way, if you're finding normal to easy, you can up the difficulty at any time in the options.

You can pretty much cheese every fight with Signs. Playing on Death March, here are a few fights (potential contract etc spoilers)

[video=youtube;pFjt-9B1pA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjt-9B1pA0[/video]

You can't complain about something being OP on Normal. You're free to up the difficulty by 2 more LVLs at any time.

I'm not saying there aren't things that are OP on on DM as I'm still at a stage where it's challenging. But c'mon.

But do they break Quen and do damage even when they don't outlevel you? I fought the Chort in Mysterious Track who also outleveled me with the same tactic. Even he couldn't damage me.

---------- Updated at 01:12 PM ----------

tbh, I just subconsciously assumed it would be fixed, but from your post I take it, it isn't.

You can change the difficulty at any time in game options.

All signs used correctly can be OP. Even on death march. :p

Edit.
Swords and dodge can be OP too because at lv 15 I kill something marked as (??) Level at max difficulty... Broke my sword in the process tho :p

Last edited:
normal is OP. Deathmarch is the only way to play. In fact, the highest difficulty in all games these days is the only way to play because even the highest difficulty becomes easy.

Top Bottom