Is it just me, or is Yen... [Spoilers}

+
Geralt cheated on Yennefer constantly, even after the "I love you" moment. Yennefer didn't cheat on him at all after he got Ciri, and before that they were on again off again with him just suddenly leaving at times without so much as a goodbye.

Yeah, there's no "good" person in that relationship. Why they deserve each other.

Yen's fans blame Triss for not telling Geralt about Yen, but why the hell Dandelion, Zoltan didn't mention her or Ciri either? But no - Triss the only one is guilty and, bla, bla bla :)
It CDPR, whom you want to blame :)

Yen's fans blame Triss for not telling Geralt about Yen, but why the hell Dandelion, Zoltan didn't mention her or Ciri either? But no - Triss the only one is guilty and, bla, bla bla :)

I believe it's obvious Dandelion and Zoltan think she's DEAD.

Hence why they're not trying to torture their old friend back from the grave with a love he doesn't remember but can never again be with.

It's not about Triss telling Geralt about Yennefer. That's not what matters. It's about Triss not restoring his memory when we know for a fact she could have. It's about Triss taking advantage of Geralt's loss of memory for her own gain. That's why people don't like Triss for that.

Mostly I don't like Triss due to the fact that she betrays Geralt, Yennefer, and Ciri in the books. And it's not just a little betrayal, it's a huge one, and it's all for her own political gains. She's a horrible human being for doing that shit.

It's not about Triss telling Geralt about Yennefer. That's not what matters. It's about Triss not restoring his memory when we know for a fact she could have. It's about Triss taking advantage of Geralt's loss of memory for her own gain. That's why people don't like Triss for that.

Mostly I don't like Triss due to the fact that she betrays Geralt, Yennefer, and Ciri in the books. And it's not just a little betrayal, it's a huge one, and it's all for her own political gains. She's a horrible human being for doing that shit.

Uh, duh.

Triss is absolutely terrible for what she did.

Which is why everyone looks at her arc in the games as one of redemption.

What? Her redemption is taking advantage of Geralt while he has amnesia? What a gal Triss is.

Devoting herself to the salvation of her fellow mages from the Magical Holocaust, Turning against the Lodge of Sorceresses, and letting Geralt go (if he wants) is her redemption.

It's a Character Arc.

She starts as a typical greedy sorceress in Witcher 1 and is willing to sacrifice everything to save the innocent in Witcher 3.

Devoting herself to the salvation of her fellow mages from the Magical Holocaust, Turning against the Lodge of Sorceresses, and letting Geralt go (if he wants) is her redemption.

It's a Character Arc.

She starts as a typical greedy sorceress in Witcher 1 and is willing to sacrifice everything to save the innocent in Witcher 3.

1. Letting Geralt go if he wants is something any normal person would do. That's not a redeeming quality, or some selfless action.

2. Triss does not turn against the lodge for selfless reasons or for redemption. She turns against the lodge because if she didn't she would have been just as wanted as they were at the end of The Witcher 2. And honestly she should be just as wanted. She took part in all of their plots except for the one that involved Demavend's assassination. So in other words she plotted the deaths of two northern monarchs. If she truly wanted redemption for the actions she committed in the lodge she would have faced justice (and she would have told Geralt about the time she betrayed him, Yennefer, and Ciri once his memory was restored).

3. Saving those mages was in no way completely selfless. In everything she does there is ambition, and in this case it seems like that ambition was to be in a position of power in Kovir (y'know the Kingdom that a lost a monarch to one of the lodge's assassination plots... y'know the plots she was completely involved in).

That's not much of a redemption arc if you ask me.

Last edited:
1. Letting Geralt go if he wants is something any normal person would do. That's not a redeeming quality, or some selfless action.

2. Triss does not turn against the lodge for selfless reasons or for redemption. She turns against the lodge because if she didn't she would have been just as wanted as they were at the end of The Witcher 2. And honestly she should be just as wanted. She took part in all of their plots except for the one that involved Demavend's assassination. So in other words she plotted the deaths of two northern monarchs. If she truly wanted redemption for the actions she committed in the lodge she would have faced justice (and she would have told Geralt about the time she betrayed him, Yennefer, and Ciri once his memory was restored).

3. Saving those mages was in no way completely selfless. In everything she does there is ambition, and in this case it seems like that ambition was to be in a position of power in Kovir (y'know the Kingdom that a lost a monarch to one of the lodge's assassination plots... y'know the plots she was completely involved in).

That's not much of a redemption arc if you ask me.

Yeah, I totally disagree with all of this. If you want to pain the above with the most-selfish paint possible, you can, but I don't think the games support that at all.

But, to each their own. It's fiction after all.

What? Her redemption is taking advantage of Geralt while he has amnesia? What a gal Triss is.

Sleep with Istredd one day and go back to Geralt the next day while in relationship and try to seduce one of Letho companion (Auckes) while in they care ? What a gal Yen is. It seem old habit die hard after all.

She do what needs to be done. Yea, it's bad to kill the garden but what choices did she has? She has only 2 people who matter to her - Geralt and Ciri and will do everything for them. Triss looks better because she don't have to do anything actually, not her fault but still, if she had that corpse - what would she do? I think the same as Yen.
Actually Triss wouldn't have. She didn't use necromancy on Menge.

Yen wants to find ciri, she is worrying 24/7. Dont expect her to be cheerful when she is thinking about her adopted daughter being possibly hurt.

Yeah, I totally disagree with all of this.

Well, he says that the lodge assassinated a monarch from Kovir, and unless I missed something major, that never happened. Also keep in mind that the Lodge was only involved in one assassination, and Triss swears (up to the player whether or not to believe her) that she was persona non grata at that point and wasn't even aware of the plan. So I think that painting Triss as ruthless, cynical, and/or power hungry really doesn't fit based on the internal monologues she gets in the novels or what happens in the games (where she's much more prominent). She has other flaws that are readily apparent, and I think CDPR did a good job of showing those in the games, particularly how naive and trusting she is of her mentors (Philippa) and her tendency to completely panic in a jam.

Likewise, I think the writers did a good job of fleshing out Yennefer and showing what makes her such an interesting character, even though she only appears in one game and she has to be introduced and developed for the majority of the audience in only a few hours of 'screen time.'

Yen wants to find ciri, she is worrying 24/7. Dont expect her to be cheerful when she is thinking about her adopted daughter being possibly hurt.

I sure hope she wasn't cheerful while Geralt was getting beaten to near death by the kayran and Letho. That's one thing I was really ticked off by Yen when meeting her in the beginning of TW3. I had read the books and was trying to be open-minded about getting back together with Yen despite my (the player's, not Geralt's) fondness of the Triss character.

Geralt asks her Yen why she didn't come for him, and she's all like "Oh, you were so happy with Triss." And when Geralt honestly explains the amnesia business, she just goes, "Excuses" (paraphrasing). We don't even get to mention her stunts with Auckes while she was under amnesia. And she acts like Geralt's time with Triss was some happy vacation, and not the actual barely-alive running from Azar Javed, Letho, and the Kayran beatdowns that time was.

I know from the books that this is just Yen's "style" but, :facepalm:

Well , if I've named Lambert before if jus because Yen is better person than him, but a lot of fTriss' fans actuallly should defense his way of acting. And many of those who dislike Yennefer forget that Phillipa is the real bitch.

I mean, when a boy suffers in his childhood he later be as thug as he can because life did him this way. But when a girl must face a cruel chilhood and grow up stronger and selfconfidence she is a not good people... Weird, because I rather think that a majority of gamers didn't want a damsel in distress and now the preference is a sweeter Triss... Awww... sorceresses

Oh! And, please, play the Yen's path for have a better knowledge about Yen before comparing her with Triss. ;) It's an humble advise.

Last edited:
Well , if I've named Lambert before if jus because Yen is better person than him, but a lot of fTriss' fans actuallly should defense his way of acting. And many of those who dislike Yennefer forget that Phillipa is the real bitch.

I mean, when a boy suffers in his childhood he later be as thug as he can because life did him this way. But when a girl must face a cruel chilhood and grow up stronger and selfconfidence she is a not good people... Weird, because I rather think that a majority of gamers didn't want a damsel in distress and now the preference is a sweeter Triss... Awww... sorceresses

I'm not sure if people automatically give passes to guys who do shady things when they had a rough childhood. A lot of people had problems with "new" Kirk's portrayal in the Star Trek reboot which supposedly is because of his new, tougher, childhood. Similarly, I don't think people defend Star Wars' Anakin Skywalker's later actions just because he had a rough childhood.

I'm not sure if people automatically give passes to guys who do shady things when they had a rough childhood. A lot of people had problems with "new" Kirk's portrayal in the Star Trek reboot which supposedly is because of his new, tougher, childhood. Similarly, I don't think people defend Star Wars' Anakin Skywalker's later actions just because he had a rough childhood.

I'm talking about your opion of Lambert an his way of being. Not mixing others stories out of Witcher's world.

Top Bottom