Is it me or has enemy AI greatly improved.

+
I started a fresh campaign the other day on hard & I feel the game is so much more challenging.
Enemies flank me, use pincer maneuvers, Take cover and rush me when they have back up. They are actually
challenging now, and not because they're bullet sponges cause they don't feel that way really, they just seem to
exploit my situation more aggressively.

I had this amazing fire fight with some Tiger Claws in the middle of tight narrow street where two cars blew up during the trading of shots.
All the NPC's were running, some where taking cover, it felt so immersive. This game feels so
completely different now! I was trading shots with this gang and everything was destroyed around me.
Like you could tell a huge fire fight just happened.

I haven't noticed anything like this so far. I believe it, but the amount of impact it has on my gameplay has yet to be seen.

I already experienced fights like that with maelstromers as from 1.06
I am a little saddened by the nerf to tripping over.
I always thought it was funny as many maelstromers scurried for protection when a lasercharge broke through their camp walls and exploded a head of one of their fellow gangers :)

AI has definitely not improved in any way with 1.2 unfortunately. What you're experiencing is coincidence and could have happened the same way prior to patch 1.2.
While i stay away from 1.2 for at very least a week more (PC user here, and lots of PC users report nasty stuff about 1.2), i can confirm that fights like OP described happened many times to me in 1.12 and even prior.

Especially in any narrow / tight areas, like diners, narrow alleys and generally indoors, and especially when there are 5+ enemies all actively in combat.

Yeah, gonna have to disagree, and are any of you playing on a completely new install and new character? I am, I noticed no difference before hand when I was playing my previous character with all mods and ini file edits however this completely changed once I reinstalled the game with a new campaign and removed all mods and ini files.

Also, these differences I noticed in many encounters, so if it's a fluke it's fluking 100% of the time.

Last edited:
Yeah, gonna have to disagree, and are any of you playing on a completely new install and new character? I am, I noticed no difference before hand when I was playing my previous character with all mods and ini file edits however this completely changed once I reinstalled the game with a new campaign and removed all mods and ini files.

Also, these differences I noticed in many encounters, so if it's a fluke it's fluking 100% of the time.
i do - no difference to my last 3 chars, im sorry dude. ai hasnt changed at all. btw dont u think if they would have taken hand on the ai, they wouldnt have highlighted it everywhere from here to mexico? just a thought...

Atleast cops dont spawn right behind me everytime I accidentally get hostages in my scope, that was annoying af.

For me it has improved also similar to what you describe. It's not perfect at all but I see changes there

Yup they seem to apply a lot more tactics (especially the shotgunners are very deadly now and they seem to rush you behind cover).

I find the fights very challenging so far - new character on Very Hard.

They also seem to have a bit of a wider search pattern, after making some noise they seem to be searching for the point of impact and then search the area where the noise originated from.

Also hopping behind enemies in stealth mode alerts them as well, I was caught multiple times trying to hop over crates like I used to only to fail spectacularly.

Haven't noticed a change except of some weapons doing more damage to me. I really don't care for being downed in one shot by an enemy blind firing from cover. It seems they are more accurate doing that than coming at me from head on where they miss me quite a bit. It started to remind me of the nonsense I experienced in the Division 2 where enemies would blind fire with a sub machine gun at sniper distance and kill you with a single shot with full armor. It's not that bad, but I was frustrated to see it happen a few times already.

Yeah, definitely improved AI they just feel more threatening and unpredictable at times. Also noticed the shot gun knocks them on their ass regardless if it kills them. I don't remember weapons ever having this effect before. Like I shot a heavily armored Arasaka goon during the Heist and after dropping a full clip into him he actually stumbled and fell from the barrage of fire he was sustaining. Combat just feels better now, Melee is friggin satisfying too. I swear, since I reinstalled this game with the new patch, I'm rating my experience a 9-10 thus far. No joke.

I noticed something like that as well. I got flank in a gun fight while I was clearing a point of interest on the map.
that happend even before the patch from time to time like others already said... if u havent encountered it until now its a coincident but nothing what was brought by 1.2

I noticed this too. Started a new game after 1.2 because I wanted to see if they fixed those bugged quests (like Never Fade Away).

I noticed it was a LOT harder to kill enemies now too.

But also stuff like skill level is more consistent too (before you would often not get skill exp for doing stuff consistently).

They also fixed that "must reach int_0 before you can upgrade" crap in the crafting screen.

Something that happened to me yesterday also for the first time was I started a shoot out with gangers in the street (not on a blue event) and shot a civilian. The star and police message shows up but as I continued fighting the gangers without leaving the area immediately after the star went away. Don't know if it was coincidence but somethings that are nerve raking seem to be cancelled fast. Another example are enemies that get turned aroundby a shotgun shot don't stay there forever. They "respawn" on the same place but ready to go

Top Bottom