Is it me or has enemy AI greatly improved.

+
Yeah, definitely was there before 1.2 but happened maybe 10-15% of the time. I'd say AI reacts and uses advanced maneuvers around 95% of the time now. I've honestly not seen one wig out yet but I'm only 10-15 hours into this new playthrough.

BTW I noticed traffic now swerves out of your way too. I tested this on multiple cars. If you're standing in the street they will swerve around you.

My feeling is that now is more consistent, before 1.2 it was there but not always was working...now it seems that it happens at least more often (cannot claim always).

My experience as well.

Before 1.2 I saw very few instances where enemies did anything else than ducking and shooting. They moved towards you if they couldn't shoot you most of the time but usually stopped to duck and shoot the second they had eyes on you. Now they seem much more inclined to perform more advanced maneuvers that they, yes, did previously but so rarely that it made combat just a breeze.

Last edited:
BTW I noticed traffic now swerves out of your way too. I tested this on multiple cars. If you're standing in the street they will swerve around you.

Seems to happen only under very specific circumstances (on particularly wide streets and when no other cars are nearby). Still, a little step in the right direction.

At first I was sceptical that what I was seeing was normal behaviour. But after a new game It seems that the enemy AI are more aggressive and cunning "Very Hard settings" their alert stage, and their search stage have also improved. In one instance I had an enemy AI search for me around a building near doc Ryder. Another instance I had a full vehicle of maelstrom chase me drive by style, they navigated in between containers then got out of vehicle and tried to kill me "I have never seen this happen in over 500hrs of gameplay outside of scripted scenes" was great to see and I was completely caught off guard. It seems that some of the bugs might have been conflicting with enemy AI behaviour. I can't be just imagining this

Top Bottom