Is it me, or is the Witcher 3 really toned down in the sex department? (sorta spoilers?)

+
Like I said above, @abex81 would be the person to speak to. He used free-cam to capture the scene and then posted it in the Triss thread.
It's me who made this gif, as a video with different angle of cam. ;)

---------- Updated at 12:04 PM ----------

Hi i posted it in the Triss page but it has been recorded by @0nakita who enabled freecam via console to see the entire scene.
I've made a scene in lighthouse without shadows on wall.
NSFW!

For anyone interested Kallelinski made some free cam gifs and screenshots from the Unicorn love making with Yen:

Youtube vid:

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/WOi37#0

Some gifs:
http://gfycat.com/ElatedShamelessAlpaca
http://gfycat.com/BareSaneFirebelliedtoad
http://gfycat.com/EnormousUnimportantBluefintuna
http://gfycat.com/PointedFirstFowl
http://gfycat.com/AdeptOldChital
http://gfycat.com/FloweryAdventurousHoki
http://gfycat.com/CommonExemplaryIguanodon

^ The triss scene is strange. So unique animatiosns exist during the scene, CDP just decided to not show it and instead only copy/paste the (tame) prostitute scenes.
Very disappointing. Seems CDP became prudish between Witcher 2 and 3.

it sadly definetely is.. when you think about it, with how many females Geralt could have sex in TW1, it became from game to game lesser and lesser... sadly, truly sadly... when you think about, it, how many awesome love candidates the game world of TW3 offers to have sex with, other than only Triss, Yennefer, Keira or some Novigrad Whores

In TW1 you could have sex with:

* Shani
* Triss
* Vampire
* Dryad
* Adda
* Abigail (god another character that I'd love to see return in TW3) (if you let her live)
* Vesna (Bar Service Lady)
* Around 10+ unnamed ladys
* Rozalind Pankiera
* Lady of the Lake
* Toruviel
* White Rayla
* Celina

In TW2 you can have sex with:
* Triss
* Ves
* Mottle (Elf Girl)
* Succubus
* Cynthia (again another character that id love to see return for TW3, she exists also as Gwent card, while alot of other memorable witcher characters like Abigail, Kalkstein ect. do not sadly,)

In TW3 so far you can have sex only with:
* Triss
* Yennefer
* Whores
* Keira
* Jutta an Dimun
* Madame Sasha

So TW3 definetely needs more sex options. there are so many awesome candidates in TW3, that shpould be added again for possible sex/romance if you seriously want to go for that:

* Priscilla
* Adda (if you let her live..you had her already once, you can have her again hrrr,..the bond of a striga)
* Abigail (if you let her live)
* Cynthia (if you let her live)
* Ves
* Put in somewhere a hot Vampiress and call her Lilith ^^
* Put in somewhere a hot Succubus or add options to date one of the existing two...
* Saskia
* Van Attre Daughters (they are surely naughty xD)
* Shani
* Put in again some nice female Elves of the Scoia'tel to date with
* Add in again lots of random no name female, like bar girls, liek that one from the Seven Cats as sex options, if you give them some gifts or get them drunk rofl, wherefore all the BEER, if you don#t use it to get some nice women drunk and into bed lol ^, when it gets played out nice,, like the bar lady making a bet with Geralt and if Geralt wins ..you know what happens ^^

For a game that is for adults,, that lets drink alcohol, that lets you slice your enemies into bloody pieces and alot of vulgarous speech, it should also offer more sex besides of the games main story ex partners of Triss and yennefer.

If you want to be with Geralt the biggest Casanova, then you should be able to do so and get alot more nice looking women in the game as possible sex option.

^ The triss scene is strange. So unique animatiosns exist during the scene, CDP just decided to not show it and instead only copy/paste the (tame) prostitute scenes.
Very disappointing. Seems CDP became prudish between Witcher 2 and 3.

I think it was a time constraint. All the evidence surrounding the Triss romance points to it being thrown in at the last minute and when you use freecam in that scene, there are a variety of lighting and animation issues suggesting that it was never polished. Now CDPR have said they'll look at the issues surrounding Triss and I hope they're open minded enough to also look at the issue surrounding romance in general (which exist mainly in the writing but also in these censored/unfinished scenes) because it's the only weak area of this otherwise fantastic game.

I think it was a time constraint. All the evidence surrounding the Triss romance points to it being thrown in at the last minute and when you use freecam in that scene, there are a variety of lighting and animation issues suggesting that it was never polished. Now CDPR have said they'll look at the issues surrounding Triss and I hope they're open minded enough to also look at the issue surrounding romance in general (which exist mainly in the writing but also in these censored/unfinished scenes) because it's the only weak area of this otherwise fantastic game.
That's highly debatable. I could name you 10 areas, which are imo a bigger problem than the lackluster Triss romance.

i was rigth after all ,,in my claim that they removed a lot of content

atmi have maded a mod that removes all underwears from all female characters xd , so the scenes ciri bath scene loot better now still is not enough compared to w2 even with this mod its aint good enough

Last edited:
That'd be pretty messed up. That's Dandelion's girl. Geralt wouldnt' do that.

Then again, according to the books Yen and Geralt were meant for each other, and it was Triss that manipulated Geralt into loving her. Therefore, I don't think that the possibility for a Geralt-Priscilla relationship should be entirely closed. I agree that it is somewhat unfitting to some people but if CDPR did go ahead with the idea, it could only diversify and improve the game.

Hi all, i agree with Op not only the sex scenes almost evrything rape.Torture etc.etc. the threesome with jen/triss too,i Was expecting (people calling Witcher Trylogie as GAME of Thrones)
R18 rly After goggling for almost 2 hours found alot Evidence why/because/who is responsible for that.
Most people here think we are the center of the universe, look around even in europe we have censorships(Germany).Worldwide(US Kontigent.Asia,Arabia.Australia)this are all countrys who are explicite forbid anykind of sexismus in game , but funy not so decapitating peoples head and more stuff,.Rape,Showing Boobs and more stuff is Banned,or censored.
And No its not MICROSOFT or SONY/ENTERTAINMENT its the countrys LAW worldwide who forcing GameDevelopers to approach soflty a theme who is still in 20th centrury still great problem like the bi/Gay marriage.
Imagine a small Indie/Dev Team put a great game out wanna pleese not only EUROPE/ going to reach the WORLD what do you think they can afford to make 10 Different patches games wIth censored stuff in it=`?
Now to answer OP ,Yes i Hope after the deploy of the redKIT modders will be making the ALL uncensored version like it should be in the first PLACE.
ps.I hope you understand what i have typed sry for the grammar/spell not native speaker
ps.Thats the reason the naked mod was dwl alrdy more then 2ok times :)

check out my small mod naked realism on nexus it fix the underwear apearing everywere so it fix that for all main characters secontary and npcs
for sex scenes baths etc etc

check out my small mod naked realism on nexus it fix the underwear apearing everywere so it fix that for all main characters secontary and npcs
for sex scenes baths etc etc

Well thats not exactly what i meant with the reply, thx for more realism but i was pointing out some cutting scenes who rly are somewhere in the CDPR archives and moders can bring with the Red/Kit TW3 to his former Adult glory Game.

Ya compared to Tw1 the number of options have been reduced. However, "the quality" of the scenes have been dumbed down to pg-13 in witcher 3. Compare TW2 Triss elven ruins scence with TW3 lighthouse.

I don't see the point in making even more and more nuanced sex scenes when the whole topic of sexuality in a wider point of view is largely abundant from the game...

I don't think that Witcher 3 is more mature than any recent Bioware game...

Guest 3842753

The quality of the sex scenes is > = as important as the quantity. Quality wise the ones in W3 were ok but could've been better. Lost potential.

For example, what's with the wolf/deer chase during Geralt/Yen #2? Who thought it was a better idea to spend half the scene animating some animals running around rather than simply spend the entire scene on our heroes getting frisky?. That was not the time to insert some Geralt/wolf analogy or wolf/sperm analogy.

It boggles the mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
The quality of the sex scenes is > = as important as the quantity. Quality wise the ones in W3 were ok but could've been better. Lost potential.

For example, what's with the wolf/deer chase during Geralt/Yen #2? Who thought it was a better idea to spend half the scene animating some animals running around rather than simply spend the entire scene on our heroes getting frisky?. That was not the time to insert some Geralt/wolf analogy or wolf/sperm analogy.

It boggles the mind.

I've just seen the Kaer Morhen love scene and asked myself the same question. It was probably a clumsy attempt to replicate the atmosphere of the terrific TW2 bathhouse scene, but with TW3's turn towards prudishness.

The toned down erotic content of the game is an especially unpleasant surprise in light of the exaggerated gore during swordplays, including the gratuitous slow-mo decapitations and dismembering. With this, CDPR has safely subscribed to the norms of the predominant majority of popular culture, in which a proper sex scene is deemed just damn too risky. Nothing new under the sun or even surprising, just disappointing. I don't even mind the over-the-top orgasm of violence, but it strikes me quite hypocritical when the game's sexual content is hiding under the cover of PG-13.

Is this the biggest problem of the game? Not by a long stretch, IMHO. But as it has been pointed out before, regression rarely works in favor of quality.

Top Bottom