Is it me, or is the Witcher 3 really toned down in the sex department? (sorta spoilers?)

+
Sorry, the wording in my post was a little unclear. I just meant that, if you use the freecam, you can see that there is a less generic, less censored sex scene lurking in the shadows. If you are interested in what I am talking about, I have attached a link below. Please be aware, though, that it is definitely NSFW:

Would it be possible to change the scripting of the camera in a mod without having access to the REDKit ? Not only is the scene censored, but it also has other issues like clipping. And for some reason Geralt's boots tend to be unequipped afterwards.

I agree with this post, the game is a huge let down. It's like CDprojectRED hyped us up with Witcher 1 & 2, then in Witcher 3 they pulled a bait and switch. It's just not ethical.

I was hoping we could have a foursome with the crones of crookback bog, but instead I'm treating to three hideous ladies. The painting of the three crones was a lie. It's hilarious, don't get me wrong. Then there's that herbalist chick with the big booty, you can't even conquer her either. This game is turning out to be pretty bad. It's like Geralt is too old to have sex now or something.

CDProjectRED you should've just told us that you toned down all the sex in the game and made all the breasts super small. Lame, lame, lame.

Last edited:
I agree with this post, the game is a huge let down. It's like CDprojectRED hyped us up with Witcher 1 & 2, then in Witcher 3 they pulled a bait and switch. It's just not ethical.

I was hoping we could have a foursome with the crones of crookback bog, but instead I'm treating to three hideous ladies. The painting of the three crones was a lie. It's hilarious, don't get me wrong. Then there's that herbalist chick with the big booty, you can't even conquer her either. This game is turning out to be pretty bad. It's like Geralt is too old to have sex now or something.

CDProjectRED you should've just told us that you toned down all the sex in the game and made all the breasts super small. Lame, lame, lame.

This post is pathetic in so many ways.

My last complaint about this game, Geralt has lost his sex drive?

Has Geralt lost his sex drive or what? I remember in Witcher 1 he would screw anything with two legs, same with Witcher 2. Out of 50 hours played, Geralt has ignored about 10 various attractive women and only slept with one of them. What the hell happened?! Why did CDprojectred do this?

During sex they turn from "beauty version" to "actual version"

Totally support that :rofl:

maybe CDprojectRED should make all the non-romance able females ponies to justify Geralt not flirting and hitting on them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted post.

Ever consider that maybe, just maybe the herbalist doesn't want to hook up with anyone? I know, crazy right?

She explicitly tells Geralt that she had her heart broken by a man, and that she was disowned by her parents for becoming involved with someone that they didn't approve of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever consider that maybe, just maybe the herbalist doesn't want to hook up with anyone? I know, crazy right?

She explicitly tells Geralt that she had her heart broken by a man, and that she was disowned by her parents for becoming involved with someone that they didn't approve of.

geralt should be able to overcome that with his charm and experience. i've googled around the web and many people are upset over not being able to sex the herbalist.

i fully agree with the op, i hope cdpr fixes the lack of sex compared to the previous two installments of witcher.

geralt should be able to overcome that with his charm and experience. i've googled around the web and many people are upset over not being able to sex the herbalist.

i fully agree with the op, i hope cdpr fixes the lack of sex compared to the previous two installments of witcher.

This post reeks of either a) a troll and/or b) a teenager who has never actually interacted with women, so I'm going to move on to another thread that doesn't have the phrase "sex the herbalist" in it.

While the recycling of scenes might be deemed as lazy, the less graphic, less gratuitous and less frequent nature of the sex within the game highlights the mature side of it more than was done in Witcher 2.

In Witcher 2 you were rewarded for certain quests/decisions with sex. That's not a mature take on it, it's rather juvenile. Don't get me wrong, I love the games but Witcher 2 felt more forced, like CDPR was saying "we're telling a mature story. see! Sex! Lots of it; adults only."

Whereas in Witcher 3 it was remarkably infrequent (outside of brothels there is 1 sex scene if you romance Triss, 2 for Yennefer, 1 for Keira and, if I've heard correctly, one other optional scene).

Hell, there's even a bit where you can save a Succubus but instead of her rewarding you with sex (like she does in Witcher 2, if you so desire) she states bluntly that isn't how she swings and helps you complete your quest.

I'd like to personally give CDPR a round of applause for shifting their take on maturity and better reflecting it in all aspects of the Witcher 3 which, in my opinion, is the first in the series to feel truly mature and not just throw the word around as an excuse to drop nudity, sex and gratuitous violence into the mix.
Well done CDPR, well done indeed!

*queue insults about being a prude/hater etc.*

@JesterNoNamer
I agree with you on quite a few things said, but at the same time, the fact that there are less, means they should be better, no? Instead of filling it up with the sex scenes you have a few, and those few should be better then the average, and not all use the same body type.
(p.s I don't really care about this, just thought it would be good to make this point)

I want to say my opinion, after I got linked to this post and another one. It might be a bit of a controversial opinion. I don't mean to troll by it tho, I just want to show you my point of view.

I am a woman, and I do have natural bigger breasts. I am a bit disappointed at times how women with big breasts are being talked down, like they wouldn't exist (which happened in that thread that is now closed).

Women with big breasts do exist. I for example used mods for Skyrim, because I feel that the breast size I can achieve there normally doesn't fit my real life body structure. I don't want to play a small breasted woman, because in real life I wouldn't want to have small breasts either.

I don't mean to talk down women with smaller breasts here, you are beautiful of course and a womans beauty is much more than her breasts size anyway. But I myself wouldnt be happy with small breasts.

Now in Witcher 3 you are playing a guy anyway, so I can just speak about the NPCs. I would be worried if CD Project Red take the Bioware approach of giving all women big butts but small breasts, because of 'realism'. That sounds so much like something advertised by a part of the extreme feminist crowd. I would be sad if any game developer changes the vision they have of a game and the people who live in it just to appease a certain crowd.

I had the same problem with a tv series where a rape scene was dramatized by that group of feminists. I personally do like reading in fiction about rape, because it is such a dramatic event that changes not only the character it happens to but also all people that find out about it. Just because I enjoy it in fiction doesn't mean I think it's a good thing in real life. I feel fiction NEEDS to deal with heavy topics like that. I enjoy dark fiction exactly because it deals with heavy topics.

It challenges you while reading, touches your emotions and your mind, but that leads too much off topic.

Basically what I am saying is that I hope that the Witcher series doesn't get americanized. Because yes there are differences between US Roleplaying games and European Roleplaying games. In Europe we are more open about the topic sex and being sexy. Prostitution is legal (at least where I live), while in america things seem to be a little more prude. I prefer european games, because I can more easily get into those games mindset and also because I feel like european developement teams create much more realistic medieval cities and medieval societies than american dev teams, whose games always give me a bigger fantasy vipe.

I as a female enjoy having sex in the games as long as it fits the story. I don't necessarily think there needs to be more sex, I just really wanted to comment on the body shape thing. Because honestly I sometimes feel a little bit discouraged reading how people write about women with big breasts.

Women with big breasts are realistic too, even G-Cup wise, they do exist. Even tho, that is true, the majority of women do not have bigger breasts than D-Cup.

Last edited:
I must say that's hard to refute. Considering the diminished focus on sex, the scenes but especially body-models for Yen, Triss and, maybe, even Keria could have had a little more individuality to each of them. Like you said, it doesn't damage my experience in the least, but it is an excellent point.

P.S. Love your tag, or whatever they're called; "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took a pitchfork to the gut". Hilarious!

Top Bottom