Is it normal for Geralt's hairworks hair to disappear when zooming on it?

+
Hello, I was wondering if this happens to everyone or only to me. When you zoom on Geralt enough to make his 3d model disappear (it happens more oftenly when you zoom in front of a wall or sign post and then use witcher senses) he suddenly appears bold for some seconds. It happens not only to hairworks hair but also to beard. Doesn't happen to non-hairworks hair though. It bothers me to see this and it kind of forces me to use non-hairworked version which I don't like cause it clips through his armor everytime. I am sure my game is vanilla version.

It does happen with non-Hairworks hair as well sometimes, in those zoom-in situations. Don't know what causes it, though. It seems Geralt's hair is kind of a "wig", a separate entity from his head.

Creepy every time it happens. :p

I think it is provoked by the design, I mean, everyobject disappears when they are near enough to the camera, mainly trees, so you can see the perfection of a man that is Geralt or how he chops enemy's heads :unsure::unsure:
Didn't see this problem with non-hairworks hair though.

It will most likely happen if the game is drawing at a funny resolution or using mods that affect the camera or draw distance for various things. (It doesn't have to be those things, but they'll make it more likely.) It's simply the game culling the 3D objects so that it can draw everything else on-screen more quickly. Somehow, the game is under the impression that Geralt's head is off-camera when it happens.

And yep -- it's normal (although it shouldn't be happening on-screen). Game characters are actually made up various 3D pieces (sort of like a Mr. Potato Head: body, eyes, hair, hat, clothing, weapons, etc.) that can be mixed-and-matched to create a variety of different looks without needing to specifically design each one.

Top Bottom