Is it possible for Witcher 3 to get delayed for a second time ?

+

The world of Witcher 3 is much larger than the previous games, it is very ambitious, new tech unfamiliar to CDPR team such as PhysX and Nvidia fur are being used, and the world is open unlike Witcher 1&2. The Witcher 3 is a huge step for CD Projekt Red, and the team may face some difficulties. Surely the talented people at CDPR can overcome these obstacles, but they may need some time to do so. I hate to see the next installment in our favorite franchise end up buggy and unpolished. With that being said as much as I'd love to play the Witcher 3 as soon as possible, I strongly believe that CDPR should ignore shareholder, business partner, and fan pressure and delay the game again if they need more time.
What are your thoughts on this subject ?

Ignoring the people who gave them money to make TW3 is a bad idea. Shareholders trusted CDPR with their money, CDPR is showing the same trust back.

I hope they'll follow the current plan, otherwise they won't be able to start recovering costs sooner and we don't want CDPR to go bankrupt. They can't just ignore their shareholders either. On the other hand I'm waiting for the Linux version and it wasn't even announced yet, so for me it's already probably delayed on an undefined period.

Hmm.. I feel that all is well and that is why they want a few more months to do it.
But time will tell and CDPR will go ahead and do what is best for as long as it takes I'm sure.

Its obviously possible, as they said so, but i doubt it, otherwise they would've planned it from the start and say something like "delayed to Q1 2015 or frist half of 2015 "instead of precisely February. If they are willing to promise a month, they must be pretty confident already with it.

Its obviously possible, as they said so, but i doubt it, otherwise they would've planned it from the start and say something like "delayed to Q1 2015 or frist half of 2015 "instead of precisely February. If they are willing to promise a month, they must be pretty confident already with it.

I get that impression too. They wouldn't have said February if they weren't serious about it.

Sure it is possible, but as of today, I believe, CDPR are quite confident in Feb 2015. I guess we'll see in the late Fall whether this confidence is well-founded or not.

The world of Witcher 3 is much larger than the previous games, it is very ambitious, new tech unfamiliar to CDPR team such as PhysX and Nvidia fur are being used, and the world is open unlike Witcher 1&2. The Witcher 3 is a huge step for CD Projekt Red, and the team may face some difficulties. Surely the talented people at CDPR can overcome these obstacles, but they may need some time to do so. I hate to see the next installment in our favorite franchise end up buggy and unpolished. With that being said as much as I'd love to play the Witcher 3 as soon as possible, I strongly believe that CDPR should ignore shareholder, business partner, and fan pressure and delay the game again if they need more time.
What are your thoughts on this subject ?

*takes cross*

In the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ! It is he who commands you! It is he who flung you from the gates of Heaven to the depths of Hell! Be gone devil!

CDPR choosing such a narrow release window as February shows they have confidence and that they can deliver. They could of easily said "Delayed to Q1 2014". The fact that they didn't gives me some hope and that they chose February thinking they can deliver. And as far as devs go, I still trust CDPR to keep their word over any other dev out there.

CDPR choosing such a narrow release window as February shows they have confidence and that they can deliver. They could of easily said "Delayed to Q1 2014". The fact that they didn't gives me some hope and that they chose February thinking they can deliver. And as far as devs go, I still trust CDPR to keep their word over any other dev out there.
I think they might have announced the exact date (well, month) to calm the shareholders with something definite. Gamers will wait however long it took (comments on every gaming site demonstrate that quite well), but the shareholders don't really care about the game, but about the profit it will bring. Saying that the game (thus the potential profits) will be delayed for indeterminate amount of time wouldn't sound very reassuring.

I think they might have announced the exact date (well, month) to calm the shareholders with something definite. Gamers will wait however long it took (comments on every gaming site demonstrate that quite well), but the shareholders don't really care about the game, but about the profit it will bring. Saying that the game (thus the potential profits) will be delayed for indeterminate amount of time wouldn't sound very reassuring.

Fair points, but I doubt the investors would of made a big fuss out of CDPR announcing a Q1 2015 release instead of a February 2015 release.

Well, they made a big fuss out of CDPR announcing the delay as it were, no need to make it bigger ;)

There are a few good reasons to believe the February release (not February 2, please don't spread rumors) is very likely.

One, the reasons given are competitive, not technical. They say they have plenty of cushion to improve the game and make it shine; they don't need time just to get it finished.

Two, you don't take back to back slips. If you're going to slip once, you slip to a date where you have a high level of confidence that the game will be ready. If you slip twice, it makes you look like you don't know what you are doing.

Finally, when you say something publicly and your shareholders are listening, it has to be something you are sure is the truth. Shareholders who have been disappointed once are going to hold you to what you have said publicly.

Top Bottom