Is it possible to create a backstory to some of the content in Witcher Universe ?

+
I recently started writing a backstory to school of bear(see a backstory part ). I am giving all the rights to CDPR. Just asking for approval. Any more questions ? Ask in comments.

You don't have to ask permission to write fan faction as long as you do not commercially exploit it. For specific inquiries, it's best to contact CDPR directly.

I recently started writing a backstory to school of bear(see a backstory part ). I am giving all the rights to CDPR. Just asking for approval. Any more questions ? Ask in comments.

I doubt they would actually want it to be part of canon. Not saying the writing isn't great, or that the ideas aren't great. The reason I have doubts, is that the Witcher IP is the most successful thing CDPR has going for it. Anything they add in outside media takes away options from them. For example, what if the Witcher 4 is a history of the Witcher where you play a legendary Witcher who helped found multiple schools. Or what if they want to write a Witcher tales expansion that involves the school of the bear. My point, (which I am not sure I made well above,) is that the lack of canon is actually a good thing for CDPR because of the opportunities it affords them, and filling in the blanks while rewarding for the fans, limits their creative options. Also if you have ever read Orson Scott Card, he talks about how hard it is too keep all the lore straight. The more canon you have, the more you have to keep track of.

School of the Bear already has a back story but who knows, yours might be also interesting. Zerrikania, Haakland, and Ofier are the best places for canon development since not much is known about the places. I may not have the power to help you but as a fellow witcher fan, if you don't mind sharing your ideas, we are willing to hear your ideas in this thread :)

School of the Bear already has a back story but who knows, yours might be also interesting. Zerrikania, Haakland, and Ofier are the best places for canon development since not much is known about the places. I may not have the power to help you but as a fellow witcher fan, if you don't mind sharing your ideas, we are willing to hear your ideas in this thread :)
the thing is, school of bear is not in a books. It was made by CDPR Only what we know is that they use crossbow, and have heavy armor. There are only two witchers known from this school. We know how they fight, because the chosen animal is bear. That is all.
Post automatically merged:

You don't have to ask permission to write fan faction as long as you do not commercially exploit it. For specific inquiries, it's best to contact CDPR directly.
Dont worry I am keeping it here, no commercial usage. maybe something will happen to to it who knows ?

Top Bottom