Is it possible to remove the "space skip" from scenes?

+

Forum veteran
Is it possible to remove the "space skip" from scenes?

This thing:

It shows up on screenshots when you take them in quick succession, and I didn't see any clear way of turning it off, not even in the .ini files. Hoping I missed something obvious and it's possible.

Hope so too. I don't need to see button prompts the whole time. Maybe you can just disable button prompts completely?

Hmm. I'm not 100%, but I don't think that's happening with a controller plugged in (?). Instead you get spammed a lot with "control method has changed" bull, when in menus etc.

Forum veteran
Instead you get spammed a lot with "control method has changed" bull, when in menus etc.
That's happening to me using keyboard and mouse, too. Less in menus than in new scenes and whenever I load a save, though.

The issue isn't that they show up so much as how they pop up whenever I take a screenshot (which I don't think is possible with a controller), so if anything deserving of another screenshot happens in the few seconds before it fades, I'm stuck with that thing ruining the composition. A small complaint, but one of those nagging little things I keep noticing in my screenshot folder.

Ahh now I see what your'e saying. When you're pressing the screenshot hotkey, the prompt gets displayed. Ah yeah. I can't see a work around for that atm. You'll have to wait for a patch, I guess.

There is a variable in the hidden.ini file(bin\config\base\hidden.ini), that's called "LockControlScheme". I tried setting it to 1 though, and it apparently did nothing.

• RED Point
Reactions: 227
I hate the love of unnecessary hand holdy screen prompts. all this permanent control and objective markers.... i can think for myself!

I blame far cry 3 and assassins creed! So glad CDPR at least put in the option to turn things off.... but yes need that removed too!

Ahh now I see what your'e saying. When you're pressing the screenshot hotkey, the prompt gets displayed. Ah yeah. I can't see a work around for that atm. You'll have to wait for a patch, I guess.

There is a variable in the hidden.ini file(bin\config\base\hidden.ini), that's called "LockControlScheme". I tried setting it to 1 though, and it apparently did nothing.
You were almost there, the following in "Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings" will do the trick (the hidden section already exists, so don't add another)
[HIDDEN]
LockControlScheme=2
for the GOG version, don't know the path for Steam/Standalone version

You were almost there, the following in "Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings" will do the trick (the hidden section already exists, so don't add another)

for the GOG version, don't know the path for Steam/Standalone version

Yeah, I had actually changed that since then. I'd forgotten to update the post here. Not been able to play anyway, because of constant driver crashes (nvidia) unfortunately.

Top Bottom