Is it possible to sell your leather armor?

+
Is it possible to sell your leather armor?

Hi,I've got the cash for the excellent leather jacket (I'm in chapter 2 and I've got 6000 coins actually), but, before I buy it, I would like to sell my old armor, instead of just throwing it away. The armorers don't seem to be interested in buying the old jacket -- or the new one, if I buy it. However, the witcher wiki says that the excellent leather jacket is worth 1000g to sell, so, somebody must want to buy it -- but who?Also, does anyone know off the top of their head if buying the book for algouls is necessary, or can it be found somewhere? I've been holding out on buying it for quite some time, however, I just ran into 1 algoul in a crypt, so, I'm starting to miss my opportunities here.

You can't sell your armour (or the excellent suit either, if you get better armour later).I'm quite sure you can't find tome of fear and loathing 2 anywhere, so you'll have to buy that one.

Hmmm. Thanks for the info. I'll probably just go ahead and buy the book and armor then.It is strange though that this page (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Armor) on the witcher wiki says that the excellent armor can be sold for 1000 orens.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
You can sell jacket for blacksmith.Not weapon dealer!You need to open the reforging menu and then - sell :)As I saw it is possible to sell everything for blacksmith :DTo add - items sold to blacksmith are at every blacksmith in game, so if we sold something and now realise we needed it - we can go to nearest blacksmith and purchase back the item we need.Enjoy :beer:

Errr... I got excited there for a second, but then when I tried it, it didn't work! ???I'm at the blacksmith in the nonhuman district. When I talk to the main blacksmith and say "Will you sell me your wares?" he responds saying Zoltan praised me, so he can. Then, there is an icon that says "I need my sword reforged." Then the inventory screen comes up. However, the only thing I can select are pieces of meterorite (or maybe runes, don't know, don't have them atm). I can also sell my swords. Everything else -- the jacket included, is greyed out and I can't sell them!Do you have some kind of glitch happening in your game?

Right -- I meant to say that last time. I talked to both the blacksmith and his apprentice -- the apprentice is interested in all my weapons, but not the leather armor. Neither leather armor -- neither the studded or the excellent armor.No one will take the jacket as far as I can tell.

it depends whom to speak with, the armor or blacksmith has a forge icon, and their assistant (merchant or trader) has the trade icon (labelled shop below)

I understand that the icon changes depending on who you speak with -- but as I said, for both people (i.e. both icons), the result is the same -- I cannot sell the armor!

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
All I said was correct... almost.
Vattghern said:
To add - items sold to blacksmith are at every blacksmith in game
Almost every blacksmith. ;DOnly this bloody dwarf doesn't want to cooperate :DTry at Order Armourer - for me he wanted to buy anything from me.If You are against Order - give armour to the tavern master - wait till next act and sell to some friendly blacksmith :)I was running the game while ago - specially to check this, so info are 100% :beer:

haha... yes, well, I wasn't able to try out the Order Armorer... hence why I couldn't figure out how to sell the stuff!!!What's strange to me, though, is that after I talked with Sigfried at the dike, I could buy and sell at the Order amorer. For about a day (wasn't trying to sell my armor then). Then, after that, he said that he only deals with friends of the order. But, as far as I know, I'm still neutral to the Order (I never went against them, Sigfried asks me to join but Geralt declines). I am also neutral to the Scioetel, as far as I can tell. So I don't know why the Order armorer won't sell to me.Anyway. :dead: I'll just store it until I can sell it to someone else then. Thanks for your help!

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Whisperwind said:
try taking potions out of "pockets" maybe? :)
Nah! It is not necessary :) Potions will go to the inventory or fly out on the ground in the worst case :p

also, there's a whole section on why some blacksmith will or will not trade with you in act II on the wiki : http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Blacksmiths#Notes :peace:

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Whisperwind said:
Whisperwind said:
Whisperwind said:
try taking potions out of "pockets" maybe? :)
Nah! It is not necessary :) Potions will go to the inventory or fly out on the ground in the worst case :p
as for me, when I change armor - potions go to ground, not inventory... :D amazing how such small bottles is so hard for geralt to lift up again....
It isn't so hard! :pWorse would be if one of blacksmiths was standing in some grasses or in middle of swamp :DAnd to hit a bottle with this dot in the middle of TPP view is easy ;D (need some practice maybe?
)

I wonder how you sell the leather armor then. Until now i have no success in selling it.I'm at act III and want to sell the studded leather armor. The armorer near new narakort have no interest in it and the swordsmith (the one who you have to give a gem) also not.The arms dealer at tanners square is same story; doesn't accept leather armor.I have already finished gold rush and sided with the scoia tael, so the order smith won't buy anything from me. malcolm stein is also not interested in the armor.I like to know if the blacksmith in murky waters will buy leather armor. Does someone know that?because if that is the case, then i let the armor just left at the innkeeper and pick it up at the innkeeper in murky waters.

All I said was correct... almost.Almost every blacksmith. ;DOnly this bloody dwarf doesn't want to cooperate :DTry at Order Armourer - for me he wanted to buy anything from me.If You are against Order - give armour to the tavern master - wait till next act and sell to some friendly blacksmith :)I was running the game while ago - specially to check this, so info are 100% :beer:
True! I just tried this with the Order's armourer. Sold!!
Post automatically merged:

Top Bottom