Is it really possible to save Berengar?

+
Is it really possible to save Berengar?

So I've read online that if you do manage to save him he just stands there and gives generic responses like the game never intended for you to save him. I myself did not manage to save him because I was just running around spamming igni after my vigor filled back up to kill Javed so Berengar died rather quickly.

But is it possible to save him, I mean, does the game mark it as if it would mark you siding either with the elves or the humies, or does it just mark it so that he died even if you've managed to save him?

Yes,it's possible to save him - I've done it once. What you've read online is correct - Berengar doesn't have any dialogue with you afterwards, and it has no impact on anything in the game. I can't remember what went into the journal though.

I was at a fairly high level at the time, and basically just kept Geralt between then, with a constant attack so that Jared didn't get the chance to attack Berengar.

This time it was Berengar who followed me. He came to my aid as I fought Azar Javed. Unfortunately, he perished, but his sacrifice was not in vain.

There is no additional entry to Berengar's character section if the player prevents Javed from killing him.

from withcer wikia

How do you save him ?
I never managed to do it. It always ended as a duel against me, though as I recall, not always in the same place.

How do you save him ?
I never managed to do it. It always ended as a duel against me, though as I recall, not always in the same place.

In order to save Berengar, you must select the right dialogue options on Black Tern Island which will let him go alive, without a duel. Later, in the battle with Azar Javed, he will appear to help you. During this fight, you must keep Berengar from being killed. This can prove very challenging, especially on 'Hard' difficulty; however, even if he survives, he says nothing of interest, there's no special entry in the journal, and the game behaves as if he's dead anyway. The effort is only really worth it for one's own conscience, and has no evident influence upon the later games.

I had quite enough trouble with Javed on my first playthrough on hard without any armor or sufficient character level. Berengar has a habit of running straight to Javed and getting wacked a second later. As discussed the outcome has no effect on the story whatsoever. My advice is to not even bother..

Guest 2081505

It is not easy to save Berengar. He has a bad conscience and tends now to heroic, i.e. suicidal actions. Or - from another point of view - the Devs want to see him die.

If you want to save him, you have to discourage Azar Javed to focus on Berengar. I can do that best with Aard - if I succeed ...

[video=youtube;KBb-__E3Kyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBb-__E3Kyc[/video]

Top Bottom