Is it too little too late?

+
The fucking doomers in this thread and around CP2077 in general... Jfc

We're not going to know what direction they want to take this game in until they release a roadmap for the free DLC. Whatever direction that may be, they're not going to turn this into a Cyberpunk simulator, which tons of people have misrepresented this game to be.

Not entirely their fault, CDPR certainly did little to correct that view before release, but to say "Is tHiS gAmE DoOoMeeD?!?!?!" is such horseshit, and you're not evaluating the game for what it is, rather than what you want it to be.

They have announced a set of free-DLC and updates to the game that lasts until 2022, to then it is expected they would start on paid DLC. How people then take this as "They think the game is perfect on PC and therefore we're getting nothing" is beyond me. They seem to be stating the complete opposite. No, but an out of context statement by someone who is paid to make their products look the best they can be is all you need, right?

If you're looking for a cyberpunk simulator, rest assured, you're likely going to get it with the advent of multiplayer.
If you're looking for a great singleplayer experience, congratulations, you've already got it. All we need is the bug-fixes and a bit more content, and they've practically guaranteed both. What's the problem.

They already released a roadmap.
They have released an overview for the next year. The roadmap does not go into detail into when the free DLC will be released and what it will contain. CDPR have stated that they plan to release this information in the coming months, likely after patch#2 has dropped.

They have released an overview for the next year. The roadmap does not go into detail into when the free DLC will be released and what it will contain. CDPR have stated that they plan to release this information in the coming months, likely after patch#2 has dropped.
There won't be a road map for the free dlc, just an announcement it will be just like Witcher 3..

Yes and no. It's not to late to fix the product, but it's a matter of spending the time and money.

It IS to late in the sense that the product has already shipped as a FINAL product, damage to reputation is already done and their company being exposed for both consumer practices and work environment.

I sincerely hope the lawsuits and government intervention go forward so that there's some kind of lesson to be learned for the gaming industry as a whole.

As things stand these past years we're all moving towards some heavy government regulations on the industry. Ultimately shortsightedness and greed will damage the future of this avenue of entertainment.

The fucking doomers in this thread and around CP2077 in general... Jfc

We're not going to know what direction they want to take this game in until they release a roadmap for the free DLC.
Personally based on the last 8 years I'd say we won't know anything until whatever they do is in our hands. They haven't given me any reason to trust them since launch but they've given countless reasons not to trust them. Roadmaps and words are meaningless now.

Personally based on the last 8 years I'd say we won't know anything until whatever they do is in our hands. They haven't given me any reason to trust them since launch but they've given countless reasons not to trust them. Roadmaps and words are meaningless now.

I came into this game with no expectations. I left thinking that, while rough, it was one of the best singleplayer stories I have played. I have every reason to give them the benefit of the doubt, because I have evaluated the product on what it is.

Though you are right, actions speak louder than words. Though seeing the stream before the lake isn't being naive, it's the opposite. If they say they will release content which i want to see, I will be relieved. Though maybe I'll get burned and we'll get skin packs, who knows?

Judging by what the game director said, i wouldn't get my hopes up.

What did he say that you take issue with, exactly? I've read both statements. Do they say that CP2077 is a perfect product? No. Do they say that they will not be adding content in the future to it? No. As I said, they actually say the opposite, in both cases.

The game is alive and well. People are making too much of the drop in concurrent players. Most people have played through the story at this point, and since the strongest aspect of the game is the story, the low active players should be no surprise.

I expect numbers will spike up again when DLC drops. Multiplayer will undoubtedly be an eventual success once they can get it working. If Bethesda could get multiplayer working with their shitty engine, CDPR is almost guaranteed to do so, too.

I hope not. And i hope they will focus on single gameplay content first.
Multiplayer is not my thing.

I hope they drop the multiplayer idea for this game. Let Multiplayer be the FOCUS of the next one, CP2080 or sumthin.

My greatest fear is they do what GTAV did...they drop all singleplayer content ideas and turn strictly toward the cash cow of a multiplayer, microtransaction, lootbox money-whore machine. THAT is what I think is going to happen eventually but I seriously hope I am dead wrong...

I came into this game with no expectations. I left thinking that, while rough, it was one of the best singleplayer stories I have played. I have every reason to give them the benefit of the doubt, because I have evaluated the product on what it is.

Though you are right, actions speak louder than words. Though seeing the stream before the lake isn't being naive, it's the opposite. If they say they will release content which i want to see, I will be relieved. Though maybe I'll get burned and we'll get skin packs, who knows?
I participated in the forums for years, followed the game from announcement in 2012 and believed them when they described what kind of game they were creating when they spoke about it whether through press conferences or through marketing and compared to someone who didn't, I can understand how we would feel differently.

I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst, seems to me to be the most appropriate disposition for myself to have when dealing with CDPR going forward.

If you're looking for a great singleplayer experience, congratulations, you've already got it. All we need is the bug-fixes and a bit more content, and they've practically guaranteed both. What's the problem.

The problem is that it is not all that great. Nor will it be with bug fixes (just more polished, but still the same game) or with ”more content” (it is already content heavy even to a fault due to the games general and gameplay direction).

The problem is that it is not all that great. Nor will it be with bug fixes (just more polished, but still the same game) or with ”more content” (it is already content heavy even to a fault due to the games general and gameplay direction).
download (3).png

The game is alive and well. People are making too much of the drop in concurrent players. Most people have played through the story at this point, and since the strongest aspect of the game is the story, the low active players should be no surprise.

I expect numbers will spike up again when DLC drops. Multiplayer will undoubtedly be an eventual success once they can get it working. If Bethesda could get multiplayer working with their shitty engine, CDPR is almost guaranteed to do so, too.

I expect numbers to spike when the patches drop. I think alot of people bought it, saw how buggy it could be and went "Nah, wait for it to be patched".

I hope they drop the multiplayer idea for this game. Let Multiplayer be the FOCUS of the next one, CP2080 or sumthin.

My greatest fear is they do what GTAV did...they drop all singleplayer content ideas and turn strictly toward the cash cow of a multiplayer, microtransaction, lootbox money-whore machine. THAT is what I think is going to happen eventually but I seriously hope I am dead wrong...

So yeah, normally i'd agree with you. Two things though

1.) CDPR isn't rockstar, I think singleplayer will feed multiplayer.

2.) Multiplayer is the perfect environment to let people play the game they thought they were getting. Let them start as a lvl1 Valentino gonk and roleplay their hearts content. I can see that being a very viable way to please both crowds here.

I participated in the forums for years, followed the game from announcement in 2012 and believed them when they described what kind of game they were creating when they spoke about it whether through press conferences or through marketing and compared to someone who didn't, I can understand how we would feel differently.

I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst, seems to me to be the most appropriate disposition for myself to have when dealing with CDPR going forward.

Absolutely. I'm not saying your view is invalid at all. I don't read into game previews at all to avoid what you went through. I think, in a large part, CDPR drunk the kool-aid and got caught up in their own hype, and I can absolutely see why you would feel betrayed at not receiving the game you have been promised.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and will likely continue with a few playthroughs across patch#1-2 before getting bored of it. My largest criticisms stem from some quest-chains feeling unresolved, some characters needing more time and the bugs, hence why I highlighted these aspects.

I don't care for what they promised, because I never looked into it. I care for what they delivered. I can see why, if you were expecting something different, you would not value it the same.

imagine with each patch / bug fix / and no technical dlc, but the devs unlock a specific amount of doors that are locked in the game that already have content inside them, they just needed to tweak some things.

i am unsure if any of us, except the devs, really know whats in the whole game.

unlike others who have followed this for years, i havnt, i merely stumbled upon it and was like woah, thats my jam. sure, the game trailer was off a bit but i am far from disappointed.

would i like more, of course, its like a meal, i ate some of it, and now i would like more please. never too late ;)

it's too little too late for one simple reason; they don't think there's anything wrong with the game aside from visual bugs and pre-gen console optimization, evidence from the article that CDPR just put out. it's actually annoying to me how many people focused on these since neither of these affected my gaming experience. now they believe that's what needs to be addressed. the game is fundamentally flawed, and they're in complete denial (at least publicly) about it.

now compare that to NMS. part of their success story is due to their relative transparency. the biggest outcry for NMS was the lack of multiplayer. instead of just addressing this overlying issue, they took the game apart piecemeal and slowly revitalized each core component of gameplay.

i remember when BL3 released a new SUPER ADVANCED DELUXE edition with a new multiplayer. what a fucking joke. i'm not saying CDPR is like randy pitchford, i'm just saying MP didn't save BL3 and i highly doubt it will save CP77

Last edited:
Absolutely. I'm not saying your view is invalid at all. I don't read into game previews at all to avoid what you went through. I think, in a large part, CDPR drunk the kool-aid and got caught up in their own hype, and I can absolutely see why you would feel betrayed at not receiving the game you have been promised.
Thank you for being reasonable and recognizing that. I also acknowledge your enjoyment of the game as valid.
download (8).jpg

Too soon to tell but I really hope they work on the single player experience much more than multiplayer. I couldn't care less about multiplayer for any game but especially a rpg. I expected a full sp experience but I fear cdpr have gotten swept up by the money bug and they've made promises to investors that this game will be a GTA money truck. I look at the witcher 3 which is still a popular game and so respected, it must have made so much money by now but I see so many compromises in cp2077 that seem to come from taking a road based on profit. We will just have to see how it goes this year, it's their first big stumble so I will try to give them the benefit of doubt until then.

Top Bottom