is it worth waiting a month before playing

+
is it worth waiting a month before playing

I was wondering if its worth worth waiting to play this game to let them patch anything that comes up or just biting the bullet and playing on day 1? I'm not expecting completely bug free on day 1, but I'm also hoping that I can dive right in and hope its playable from the start. I don't want a ruined experience from the start coz of a quest bug etc. What you guys think?

I was wondering if its worth worth waiting to play this game to let them patch anything that comes up or just biting the bullet and playing on day 1? I'm not expecting completely bug free on day 1, but I'm also hoping that I can dive right in and hope its playable from the start. I don't want a ruined experience from the start coz of a quest bug etc. What you guys think?

How should we know?

It should run from day 1. I do expect performance and stability to improve from 'release' to patched, but there are not lots of reports of game breaking bugs... a few glitches and performance hiccups, but most of the reviewers seemed to have completed a "narrow" chunk of the game and seen one ending...

Ultimately, it depends on whether you want to sit on it for a month, or play "now".

I know what I want to do.

How can you wait any longer? I can't sit still since today. :D

And for bugs: No review mentioned any gamebreaking bugs, so, you should be save.

These days it's s safe bet that the longer you wait the better the game will be due to mods and patches. Whether you can wait that long is another matter.

I will probably wait a few days or weeks anyway. I have little time for gaming right now and I already have some other games started that I should finish first.

Its not that I don't want to play it from day one, I've been waiting like everyone else, but I don't want to have to wait for patches like Dragon Age Inquisition to fix stuff that they should have already fixed. I haven't read reviews coz I don't want spoilers, also I don't know what CD Project Red are like for patching. I don't seem to remember many bugs in the first two games.

I will probably wait a few days or weeks anyway. I have little time for gaming right now and I already have some other games started that I should finish first.

If that's the case i would recommend until you finish to have to play or have more time to play, chances are that by them some patches are already released.

Its not that I don't want to play it from day one, I've been waiting like everyone else, but I don't want to have to wait for patches like Dragon Age Inquisition to fix stuff that they should have already fixed. I haven't read reviews coz I don't want spoilers, also I don't know what CD Project Red are like for patching. I don't seem to remember many bugs in the first two games.
If you want to play on PC the existing PS4 reviews won't help you much anyway in that regard...

Wait for proper PC reviews and benchmarks. They won't be released before some time after release anyway. Base your decison on these reviews and benchmarks, from credible sources of your choice.

If that's the case i would recommend until you finish to have to play or have more time to play, chances are that by them some patches are already released.
That's what I will probably do.

your loss if you decide to wait a month :)

I'm playing it as soon as its coming out

Your choice mate

---------- Updated at 07:44 PM ----------

If you want to play on PC the existing PS4 reviews won't help you much anyway in that regard...

Wait for proper PC reviews and benchmarks. They won't be released before some time after release anyway. Base your decison on these reviews and benchmarks, from credible sources of your choice.

That's what I will probably do.

I'm playing on PC

Totally worth to wait IMHO. Games nowadays are simply too complex and are not yet ready at release. Especially huge ones like TW3.

Guest 3573786

I think it's worth it, a few patches to iron things out some more certainly doesn't hurt.

Yeah its a dilemma. Really wanna play day one, but don't want crappy quest bugs from start. I'll probably wait a day or two and see if the patch it straight away.

---------- Updated at 07:53 PM ----------

Thanks guys

I understand why someone would wait regarding patches and DLC, but I won't be waiting any longer than I have to. Besides, I predict a great many playthroughs of a great game, warts and all, so I don't consider this biting any bullet. :happy:

I understand why someone would wait regarding patches and DLC, but I won't be waiting any longer than I have to. Besides, I predict a great many playthroughs of a great game, warts and all, so I don't consider this biting any bullet. :happy:

I very rarely replay a video game (I neither have the time nor motivation to do so). The longer the game the smaller the chance that I'll ever do a second playthrough. So the first one must be the "definite" one.

With a game which promise you replay? No way!

I'll play it as soon as I can and if there's any further patch certainly I'll have no problem to restart my playthrough. Unless patches arrrive too late :p

If you're asking if anyone who frequents this board will wait a month to play, because of bugs that MIGHT exist? No way.

Besides, this is your decision.

What's with kids these days, not being able to make decisions on their own? Its amazing.

I very rarely replay a video game (I neither have the time nor motivation to do so). The longer the game the smaller the chance that I'll ever do a second playthrough. So the first one must be the "definite" one.

Then I understand why you would want to wait, and sure, I guess it's worth it then. Me, I've completed Witcher 1 and 2 five times each, and I don't doubt there will be another five playthroughs at least. I do love those games. Don't know about Witcher 3 yet, it's an open world after all, but I think I will attempt at least two playthroughs.

Top Bottom