is it worth waiting a month before playing

+
I'm not sure the question about "downgrades" is valid at this point. The game isn't even released yet. It would be valid after the release if it's indeed the case.

You are 100% right but is this not normal to ask about it? I seen the trailers and we have to say the new 2015 looks "Different". Before I spend our hard owned money, I think we have a right to know directly from CDPROJECT whats going on? I thought to ask is not a sin...

I personally don't see any fun in it and would prefer the full experience from the start. Just my personal preference of course.
I agree. It also depends on how fast you are with your playthrough.

The DLC would be kind of worthless in my case if they were released after I've already finished the game.

You are 100% right but is this not normal to ask about it? I seen the trailers and we have to say the new 2015 looks "Different". Before I spend our hard owned money, I think we have a right to know directly from CDPROJECT whats going on? I thought to ask is not a sin...

May be CDPR aren't allowed to talk about some graphics aspects at this point (since who knows, they could be making last minute changes, which will arrive as early patches). So again, it's rather pointless simply because things still can change. So just wait. I.e. if it's just some switch in the engine that they weren't sure about yet, it can arrive as a patch once they iron it out.

Last edited:
If you can wait another month to play this. Then power to you, I guess. You may have a slightly smoother experience, depending on what the launch is like.

As for myself. I'll be spam clicking the game's desktop shortcut from 12-1am next monday night going "LAUNCH DAMMIT" ;p

May be CDPR aren't allowed to talk about some graphics aspects at this point (since who knows, they could be making last minute changes, which will arrive as early patches). So again, it's rather pointless simply because things still can change. So just wait.

You are really nice. Thank you! Just to be clear we Love the books and the first 2 games but after reading on internet about this changes we should have a right to ask about it. Also the first reviews are out with screenshots and it doesn't look like in the old trailers. So I think we have the right to ask about it.

Also if CDPR aren't allowed to talk about it how they can sell a game without explaining it what we getting?

Last edited:
I was wondering if its worth worth waiting to play this game to let them patch anything that comes up or just biting the bullet and playing on day 1? I'm not expecting completely bug free on day 1, but I'm also hoping that I can dive right in and hope its playable from the start. I don't want a ruined experience from the start coz of a quest bug etc. What you guys think?

Depends on your level of masochism. Bigger masochist should wait longer :p

---------- Updated at 09:30 PM ----------

From what i saw from uncompressed XBox gameplay, 900p Witcher 3 on XBox looks better then Dragon Age Inquisition on Ultra on my PC.
And lets say that 900p XBox version haves medium details settings.
Considering that there is high and ultra settings above medium one, if that kind of graphics are not good enough for you, nothing will be.

I can barely wait 6 days for actual release..but wait 1 MORE month more? I'm sorry, but you have to be all sorts of crazy to wait that long.

The reviews are out and the game has over 90+ score from over 15 sites..I don't even know why you ask this. If you are interested in open world RPG's with a great story you should buy this one like NOW and preload it to have it ready for release.

I think you should wait and see before "spending your hard owned money". That's the smarter option if you're concerned that much. If you feel like you're being lied to, somehow, then don't buy it and don't waste your money.

I think that would be best for anyone who is concerned.

Wait a month?

Possibly,, or a few weeks to watch any potential pitfalls reveal themselves.
If history is any guide, everyone is better off waiting, until potential major bugs are sorted out. I really can't see CDPR being any different in that regard, no matter their good intentions.

Am I going to wait a month? Nope - I bought a GTX 970 and by the grace of Zeus, it came with Witcher 3! Would I have waited a month? I likely would have waited ~ 2 to 3 weeks for the major bugs to get squashed. Remeber - the game isn't going anywhere, it'll be ready when you are.

wait a month with the game in my hands.....and not playing

I will play asap next week. Bought a new graphic card just for that after all.
For a second playthrough though I probably will wait until all dlcs and the first expansion will be out.

It's not a bad idea overall to wait. Not at all. Many games released today, especially RPG's let alone open world RPG's in general, have bugs or issues that can ruin the experience. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing Pillars of Eternity. At least until the 1.05 patch is released.

Waiting a little while and gathering information from forums, reviews and friends before you decide to play and get the smoothest experience is a good idea.

As long as I'm not crashing to desktop, losing saves, getting drastic stuttering or something similar, then I'll play from day one.

Obviously, some things annoy people more than others; pop-in, AI going wrong, clipping etc... My advice is to give it a good sitting of a few hours and simply decide then, it can't hurt.

There's a day one patch & CDPR are known to support their games well.

Finally a sensible reponse, thanks mate.

---------- Updated at 11:29 PM ----------

---------- Updated at 11:30 PM ----------

Also I have a life outside of gaming, so I dont care about one month, 6 months, as long as im happy to play with non buggy game, but i REALLY REALLY wanna play this game from release.

Then just do so and play it from release on. If it doesn't run well enough for your taste - do something else. Simple. ;)

Top Bottom