Is Jackie DEAD?!

+
If that's the case and the whole thing's a part of the story then I don't think they would've shown his death and spoiled it.

They have been hinting at it almost suspiciously much. If you look at recent Night city wire 4 broadcast, there is a moment where the narrator says: "Where can you find most of the legends of Night city? The Graveyard!" - and camera cuts to Jackie being knocked to the floor. There is also a scene where Misty gives V a necklace with a bullet in middle of it; one can assume its the bullet that killed Jackie as Misty is Jackies GF.

(Lets not forget the concept art with a graffiti epitaph of Jackie (something that seems to be a valentinos thing) )

Sadly Jackie dies on all the ways possible, even theres no happy end.

[Spoiler tags added.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised CDPR actually spoiled Jackie's unavoidable death so early on before the game's release... :( I'm so devastated he's a minor character lol

I've got very mixed feelings about not knowing this before I started to play yesterday. On the one hand I'm super happy to avoid every spoiler I can, on the other this hit me pretty hard. Had to deal with more than enough death of close people in my personal life, I'm not too happy about reliving that in games.

Before the game came out I thought "surely his death is the result of your choices during that mission, they're showing it to let us see the consequences our choices can have. They wouldn't just spoil his unavoidable death Dex's betrayal, and the failure of the mission blatantly in a trailer, that would be stupid." I guess it was stupid after all.

The worst part is the trailer did his death scene and Dex's betrayal much better and more emotionally.

LOL that was the sorriest death i ever experinced in a game. Well for me the game crashed twice during that scene so took any emotion out of it for me. Then how much Jackie talked to about Misty for her to be basically 'Oh Well" lol what a joke.

This made me so sad, he was such a great character... I mean yeah: good storytelling blablabla... but not this early in the game! After all the """" we had to deal with immediately after the release, I would be very happy for a patch giving us a chance to safe him or revive him. **** give me a BD where I can hang out with him....OR make him share the chip with jonny.

LOL that was the sorriest death i ever experinced in a game. Well for me the game crashed twice during that scene so took any emotion out of it for me. Then how much Jackie talked to about Misty for her to be basically 'Oh Well" lol what a joke.
How was her reaction 'oh well'? What did you experience of Misty, because in my experience (with the garage and funeral) she was pretty deeply sad, but obviously the sort of person who keeps her grief inside and prefers to deal with it quietly in her own time.

Personally I would have liked to spend more time with Misty as a friend and be able to take her mind off of it from time to time by going out somewhere, and maybe end up going to meal with her and Mama Welles and getting them talking, eventually dealing with their grief together, and Mama Welles eventually adopting/inviting her into her family. It would be nice if, in the spirit of Jackie, we could keep the little family together - Mama Welles, Misty and V.

How was her reaction 'oh well'? What did you experience of Misty, because in my experience (with the garage and funeral) she was pretty deeply sad, but obviously the sort of person who keeps her grief inside and prefers to deal with it quietly in her own time.

Personally I would have liked to spend more time with Misty as a friend and be able to take her mind off of it from time to time by going out somewhere, and maybe end up going to meal with her and Mama Welles and getting them talking, eventually dealing with their grief together, and Mama Welles eventually adopting/inviting her into her family. It would be nice if, in the spirit of Jackie, we could keep the little family together - Mama Welles, Misty and V.
funeral? what funeral??? ill i got was like one line in her shop before i went to meet takemura at toms diner, that was the end of jackie from anyone??wtf???

funeral? what funeral??? ill i got was like one line in her shop before i went to meet takemura at toms diner, that was the end of jackie from anyone??wtf???
It depends on what choice you make when
you're in the cab when he dies. When Delamain asks you were you want to have the body delivered, you need to choose to have it returned to his family. Then you get a quest with Jackie's funeral, and are able to go into his garage and room with a lot of memorabilia. It's a really touching and great event.

Maybe further down the game feckyer. Not sure, I didn´t go to the diner yet.

I went into the game completely spoiler free, as myself I couldn´t care for the witcher games, figured since announcement that I will take a look once it comes out, and that´s it. Up until a little before release I didn´t watch any coverage of the game, nothing, and what I did watch before release made sure was spoiler free.
To be on topic, for me his scene worked well, I actually did tear up. (Last time that happened was with BB in death stranding, who I spent 120 hours with in the game)
Jackie for me was a great character, managed to bring out emotions after a few hours only. Kudos for that

Also, I dunno if anyone has tried this, but after Jackie's.. fate, you can try ringing him on his phone. I discovered this by chance. There is some additional content that gets added throughout the game whenever you do.

It's really sweet, and a great touch. :)

It depends on what choice you make when
you're in the cab when he dies. When Delamain asks you were you want to have the body delivered, you need to choose to have it returned to his family. Then you get a quest with Jackie's funeral, and are able to go into his garage and room with a lot of memorabilia. It's a really touching and great event.
Was it a quest or like part of the montage? My game crashed 5 times inbetween the prologue and the watson lockdown being lifted. I never even saw the title intro scene of "CyberPunk 2077"
Post automatically merged:

Also, I dunno if anyone has tried this, but after Jackie's.. fate, you can try ringing him on his phone. I discovered this by chance. There is some additional content that gets added throughout the game whenever you do.

It's really sweet, and a great touch. :)
i was able to that and got that so hmmm

I will make a separate savefile for that and give him a call. Last time I called him broke the pickup mission, and had to start a new game, so just to be safe.... lol

I feel like we didn't get to spend enough time with Jackie to actually feel for the character. That weird little montage at the beginning was supposed to show the passage of time but it just didn't come across. I never got the sense that we were amazing friends who had been through a lot. I was especially surprised when Jackie stated something about my Corpo character living with him and his mom? "Wait?.. I lived with you?" I wish instead of a movie montage it would have been more interactive. Us meeting certain characters and having a tiny bit of interaction with them so we felt like we knew them. The game is constantly introducing us to characters we are supposed to have already met and it makes the world feel off kilter. It's like playing Mass Effect 3 without having played the other 2 games. "Kaidan's Dead? Who's Kaidan?.. was he important?"

Was it a quest or like part of the montage? My game crashed 5 times inbetween the prologue and the watson lockdown being lifted. I never even saw the title intro scene of "CyberPunk 2077"
After you make the choice I mentioned above, you will get a phone call from Mama Welles as soon as you have access to the rest of the city (basically as soon as you leave your apartment when you recover from the chip thing). She'll invite you and there will be a quest for it.
Post automatically merged:

I feel like we didn't get to spend enough time with Jackie to actually feel for the character. That weird little montage at the beginning was supposed to show the passage of time but it just didn't come across. I never got the sense that we were amazing friends who had been through a lot. I was especially surprised when Jackie stated something about my Corpo character living with him and his mom? "Wait?.. I lived with you?" I wish instead of a movie montage it would have been more interactive. Us meeting certain characters and having a tiny bit of interaction with them so we felt like we knew them. The game is constantly introducing us to characters we are supposed to have already met and it makes the world feel off kilter. It's like playing Mass Effect 3 without having played the other 2 games. "Kaidan's Dead? Who's Kaidan?.. was he important?"
I'll be honest, I was disappointed with the montage, too. I really wanted to be able to hang out with Jackie in real-time, between missions, at least spend some quality time with my bro before the end of the prologue. You end up getting that '6 months later...' montage no matter what lifepath you choose.
EDIT: Personally I loved Jackie and felt pretty attached, despite the fact that they went a bit heavy on the Misty/Jackie thing and not heavy enough on the 'you and Jackie are best buds' thing. It was easy for me to feel invested in him because I was invested in the character since the 45-minute gameplay video back in 2018. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom