Is Jackie DEAD?!

+

Guest 3573786

Yes, it was confirmed by CDPR he's 100% possibly dead :whistle:

I cant help but thinking back to the 48 minute gameplay trailer. Jackie and V recover the bot and walk out to meet the corpo agent, right?

Doesnt seem like there would be a shootout after that.

I cant help but thinking back to the 48 minute gameplay trailer. Jackie and V recover the bot and walk out to meet the corpo agent, right?

That bot was only a test for the real big job, which I assume is the chip heist shown in this trailer.

Just like CP2020 you have the option to do missions "guns blazing", and just like CP2020 there are consequences for such a choice. I don't see a problem here.

In to many games your character wears red and blue underwear with a big red "S" highlighted in yellow on their chest. It's VERY refreshing to see a game where this isn't the case.

There is the "grab the gun" option when V gets threatened by the corpos. But that mission was about the spiderbot, not about the chip. The chip happened afterwards.

Just like CP2020 you have the option to do missions "guns blazing", and just like CP2020 there are consequences for such a choice. I don't see a problem here.
Yeah, me neither. Totally. In fact I really WANT to be punished for poor choices (but have the ability to live thru it still). Gives being a bad-ass more meaning.

The more I think about this the more I agree with the others though, Jackie's fate is most likely to die.

I hope they didn't kill off Jackie to make Keanu Reeves our new companion
:disapprove: what if Johnny Silverhand is a love interest too? Nooooo lol.

During his intro Johnny Silverhand flickers like he's a computer-generated image - and only Johnny, not the California skyline behind him - which seems to indicate that the flicker was because he's not a real person, rather than V's cybernetics acting up. He's probably "uploaded" to a chip that has been implanted in V.

Of course that wouldn't necessarily rule out Johnny retaking a physical form (a robot version of himself?) at some point.

Oh. I thought that was the chip used to control the bot.

It's confusing but I don't think so... After the bot mission V and Dex were to meet in the Afterlife club, not Notell Motel, and they'd arrive in Jackie's car.

During his intro Johnny Silverhand flickers like he's a computer-generated image - and only Johnny, not the California skyline behind him - which seems to indicate that the flicker was because he's not a real person, rather than V's cybernetics acting up. He's probably "uploaded" to a chip that has been implanted in V.

Of course that wouldn't necessarily rule out Johnny retaking a physical form (a robot version of himself?) at some point.

That's an interesting point. In the 48 min demo the radio was saying that Silverhand had disappeared for years - perhaps he was in that chip the whole time.

Guest 4149880

Seriously people? No, Jackie's not dead. Neither is Dexter, bodyguard dude or Tbug.

It's one of many possible scenarios given its an RPG. I don't think its technically "canon" to the players story.

It's confusing but I don't think so... After the bot mission V and Dex were to meet in the Afterlife club, not Notell Motel, and they'd arrive in Jackie's car.

That's an interesting point. In the 48 min demo the radio was saying that Silverhand had disappeared for years - perhaps he was in that chip the whole time.

There is also this:

"Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. "

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1091500/Cyberpunk_2077/

I don't think this will be something that is set in stone, it could be just a possible out come if ya decide to go guns blazing over stealth in a certain mission. Cause if it isn't then it is a pretty big spoiler to put out there.

Perhaps not! I'm guessing Johnny knows all about the chip that is the key to immortality, and has used it himself.

Or he used the prototype or was USED as a prototype, which is why he only exists in virtual form instead of a physical body like V? I'm not terribly familiar with cp2020 lore but Id imagine Johnny was rich enough to get involved with the chip?

Guest 4149880

I was under the impression JohnnyHand SilverWick was dead but he resides in the Net? He did glitch out so does that mean V was in the Net at that moment?

Top Bottom