Is Jackie DEAD?!

+
I mainly think that's just a way of showing "What if things go wrong" - unless that is set in the plot that he dies at (an early?) point in time. Chances are if done more subtle, less with guns blazing, he would've made it. Assuming this is an actual mission aspect and not just a symbolic trailer showing something that is not exactly part of the game.

I agree. We know there are branching event-chains that happen according to player choice or interaction. If there are some, then this trailer would show what happens when things go wrong.

However, I am 99% sure this trailer was something that was specifically cooked up for this presentation, it is unlikely to actually show things as they happen ingame. In other words, what we see in the trailer may not even happen ingame. It COULD show cutscene footage, but I doubt it. Not even as one of the optional paths.

Kind of the same way how Marvel and other big film companies have started to blatantly lie in the movie trailers, showing scenes that don't even make it to the movie itself.

I just can't help but notice how the V in this trailer looks different from the earlier footage, and bears considerable likeness to Josh Keaton, the voice actor for male V. Prolly face-acted if not movement-acted the scenes. I am reminded of the behind-the-scenes footage of how the release cinematics in WoW: battle for Azeroth were created.

Last edited:
I just can't help but notice how the V in this trailer looks different from the earlier footage, and bears considerable likeness to Josh Keaton, the voice actor for male V. Prolly face-acted if not movement-acted the scenes. I am reminded of the behind-the-scenes footage of how the release cinematics in WoW: battle for Azeroth were created.

Question, did they do something similar with The Witcher 3 cinematic trailers? Like, show something that actually wasn't in the game? I think they did??

Also, I love male V's redesign! He looks so much better imo :coolstory:

I don't think its something you should get stuck on, as like I mentioned above, this trailer is not showing ingame footage.

I mean from the cover they're using and everything. I like his redesign as default male V, but I'm still gunna make my own character lol

Killing off a big character in the trailer would be a great way to showcase the branching narrative. Imagine if in the closed-door gameplay session, the same mission plays out and Jackie doesn't die? And it ends with a completely different cutscene with Dex?

Guest 4211861

Killing off a big character in the trailer would be a great way to showcase the branching narrative. Imagine if in the closed-door gameplay session, the same mission plays out and Jackie doesn't die? And it ends with a completely different cutscene with Dex?

I think so too, that Jackie's death is avoidable, but you may need to forego the chip in order to save Jackie, which will piss off Dex.

So which matters more? Money or Jackie? We have our choices to make.

I don't think its something you should get stuck on, as like I mentioned above, this trailer is not showing ingame footage.

It's maybe just a differently customized V, I guess we'll have a bunch of different looks aviable.

I think so too, that Jackie's death is avoidable, but you may need to forego the chip in order to save Jackie, which will piss off Dex.

So which matters more? Money or Jackie? We have our choices to make.

Probably why they delayed the Gameplay, so everyone is "OMG *o*" and it gets the hype further about how your actions works the game around.
Would also actually be a pretty cool gameplay thing anyway.
In most RPG you're fighting like a bum, and your partners don't matter much, they're just tools and side-bags mostly, you're doing your best to save the party but it doesn't matter much about the outcome once you killed the bad guys.
Here, it would put a lot more emphasis on how you're dealing with missions, because some unexpected things may happens, I like that idea.

It's maybe just a differently customized V, I guess we'll have a bunch of different looks aviable.

Yes, V is customizable for one, meaning he/she can have different faces.
This V resembles Josh Keaton (the voice actor) an awful lot, which hints that this footage was motion captured for this trailer specifically, rather than being a cutscene.
Ingame will be in first person view anyway, most of the time.

I suspect that, if CDPR is still going with the whole "Your decisions affect your path" model, Jackie's death COULD be avoidable depending on one's decisions. However, it could be a case of "It was just his time." and the only difference in the outcome is HOW it happens. This is just conjecture. We will just have to wait and see, I guess.

I suspect that, if CDPR is still going with the whole "Your decisions affect your path" model, Jackie's death COULD be avoidable depending on one's decisions. However, it could be a case of "It was just his time." and the only difference in the outcome is HOW it happens. This is just conjecture. We will just have to wait and see, I guess.
At this point, I'm 99.99999% sure it's player choice related.

I remeber during a certain mission in Metro Exodus, if I go gun-blazing, I'd lose one of my teammates. If I choose to go stealth, then we'd all come out safe and sound.

So remmber to SAVE the game frequently, and mostly likely manually when it comes to PC version. ︿( ̄︶ ̄)︿

Question, did they do something similar with The Witcher 3 cinematic trailers? Like, show something that actually wasn't in the game? I think they did??
Yes I don't think either of the cinematic trailers "Hunting Monsters" or "A Night to Remember" were in the game, though "A Night to Remember" 100% could be a epilogue to Blood and Wine.

Yes I don't think either of the cinematic trailers "Hunting Monsters" or "A Night to Remember" were in the game, though "A Night to Remember" 100% could be a epilogue to Blood and Wine.

The Hunting Monsters trailer was referenced in the game. Given that the events of that trailer are part of the game universe's canon, you're probably right about A Night to Remember being an epilogue of sorts to Blood & Wine.

Top Bottom