Is Jackie DEAD?!

+
I think that Jackie is just our tutorial companion, that's the way it was planned from the start.

I was really shocked last year when they said that the gameplay demo is from the beginning of the game and yet V had that cool apartment, a partner with a fancy sports car, a trusty ripperdoc....
She was a couple of steps away from making a name for herself.

We know how RPGs work.
You have to start from zero.
You have to start from the garbage area owning nothing...

CDPR is highly unlikely to comment on anything related to the plot. In the interviews they said things like "you'll have to play and see" and "I cannot comment on that".
It's torture to show a character dying 10 month before release. I feel like a lot of people don't care about Jackie one way or another, but for me he's been V's only companion for over a year and I really like him. I hope he's not a 'tutorial companion'. I hope the stupid 'backlash' about Jackie being a stereotype or whatever didn't make them change direction.

I don't understand why they'd show his death this early, but that was a big and expensive cinematic trailer. I'm sure they thought it through before releasing it. I'm guessing they had a reason.

We know how RPGs work.
You have to start from zero.
You have to start from the garbage area owning nothing...

Not necessarily, but usually somehow some lower position (that doesn't necessarily has to be 'zero' or 'nothing' is insolved or allows you to get more out of the overall plot and / or experience since it is easier to indicate progression. Or you start off powerful and wealthy and the plot then quickly changes (Dishonored as example) forcing you into a "zero" position quickly.

But I reckon there's also games in that genre where you start with notably more than "zero" or "owning nothing", I just can't think of any good example right now as I post.

but for me he's been V's only companion for over a year and I really like him.

T-Bug wants to know your location.

Guest 4361521

the trailer pretty much sums up Jackie and his fate. kinda sad, he looked like a cool character

But I reckon there's also games in that genre where you start with notably more than "zero" or "owning nothing", I just can't think of any good example right now as I post.

Video game: Tyranny

Pen & Paper RPG: Shadowrun (when by the world standart the PC start already wealthy an just under legendary level of strong), Nobilis (where you play a full fledged god).

Not necessarily, but usually somehow some lower position (that doesn't necessarily has to be 'zero' or 'nothing' is insolved or allows you to get more out of the overall plot and / or experience since it is easier to indicate progression. Or you start off powerful and wealthy and the plot then quickly changes (Dishonored as example) forcing you into a "zero" position quickly.

Not necessarily but most of the time.

In our case...

1. V is waking up- rebooting in a disposal area.
I don't think he will still own his weapons, his savings, his apartment...

2. In a very recent interview Miles Tost described last year's gameplay missions as the game's "Prologue".

Not necessarily but most of the time.

In our case...

1. V is waking up- rebooting in a disposal area.
I don't think he will still own his weapons, his savings, his apartment...

2. In a very recent interview Miles Tost described last year's gameplay missions as the game's "Prologue".
Okay, but what if we all think he's dead and then he shows up when we least expect it?! Like depending on your choices he either dies in the taxi for real or V thinks he's dead but he's all like "SURPRISE BEACH!" later

Okay, but what if we all think he's dead and then he shows up when we least expect it?! Like depending on your choices he either dies in the taxi for real or V thinks he's dead but he's all like "SURPRISE BEACH!" later

There's always that possibility of us thinking he's dead and then seeing him again alive later in the game but I don't think it will have to do with our choices, Jackie will bite that bullet regardless of our choices.

There's always that possibility of us thinking he's dead and then seeing him again alive later in the game but I don't think it will have to do with our choices, Jackie will bite that bullet regardless of our choices.

That is a good point about Jackie possibly showing up later despite being seemingly dead in the cab. V goes directly to the No Tell Motel it seems, since he is still covered in Jackie's blood and presumably would have cleaned up if he went a clinic first. Jackie is probably still in the cab when it pulls off.

Like everybody else I was just as shocked when the scene when Jackie got shot and died as male V watch now that just tells you how good this game would be will be think about it we just met the guy almost a year ago and we already have feelings for him now ask for him being dead in the game no. Just for the trailer and one possible outcome if you make the wrong choice in the game but as was seeing the reaction of people when Jackie died that is that was powerful. Keep up the good work project CD red 👍

Was there some sort of Jackie fanclub going on before all the sad puppy ”ah gots me a hole in mah tummy” face in the trailer?

Last edited:
Top Bottom