Is Jackie DEAD?!

+
Sorry I'm late to the discussion. ;)

Well, first of all, seeing Jackie bleed out like that was a shock to me. But then I remembered it isn't the first time CDPR go and kill your darlings.
Remember this guy?

In Witcher 1, on my first playthrough, I really connected to
Raymond
, his background story, his mission and motivations.
I was shocked in later playthroughs when I realised just how little you see of him in the game. "Just" some cutscenes and conversations. Imagine the impact the character had on me on my first playthrough because I really remembered him, and the big reveal in the
cemetary crypts
. The feels.
But, that reveal depends on your investigation and choices.

Seeing this trailer I figured the job going bad was the job Dex teased in the 2018 gameplay demo.
It makes sense, kill your darlings and make clean slate for Johnny Silverhand.

However, I do hope that CDPR would make it a player choice just like another old friend of mine.

I don't know how many met the old spymaster in Witcher 3, but in all my playthroughs he will be there. Which is a totally optional choice if you side with another character in Witcher 1.

Also we have
1560928485690.jpeg
who I could not forgive for killing
and running errands for
Nilfgaard
like a little a****t.

I know many chose to spare him, but I'm not one of them, even though I considered his story and choices lamentable.

So, to conclude, CDPR can write likeable characters and then kill them off without hesitation.
But, they can also make it a player choice, and I do hope this is the case with Jackie! :)

EDIT: Also, seeing the deal go bad, this just might be a worst case scenario. I guess it might depend on your investment in quests and characters, just like what you chose to say to
Alvin
or
Ciri
Player choice! :giggle:

Last edited:
Omg is Jackie Dead, who care people see him in 50 minute demo his character was nothing new or unique, nothing really memorable about him was shown in that demo, people even complaining about his way of talk after demo and now all are omg is Jackie dead.

Omg is Jackie Dead, who care people see him in 50 minute demo his character was nothing new or unique, nothing really memorable about him was shown in that demo, people even complaining about his way of talk after demo and now all are omg is Jackie dead.
You do realize the people who complained about his way of talking aren't the same people who are worried if he's dead or not... Lol no need to be a killjoy

I don't care about jackie, didn't like him in the demo didn't plan to bring him on the missions and so on, we see him in 50 minute demo but nothing more than that, but suddenly people are so worried about him like they know him for years, and find it more important if jackie is really dead, than to ask what about RPG system how deep really is, what systerm game req, background options are they really so deep and different, from YongYea video how he describe them they are almost same options and stuff that happened in Pillars of Eternity games and Divinity Original Sin 2.

But noo Jackie Death and fact that we won't have multiple apartments is more important, that what i find most funny.

I don't care about jackie, didn't like him in the demo didn't plan to bring him on the missions and so on, we see him in 50 minute demo but nothing more than that, but suddenly people are so worried about him like they know him for years, and find it more important if jackie is really dead, than to ask what about RPG system how deep really is, what systerm game req, background options are they really so deep and different, from YongYea video how he describe them they are almost same options and stuff that happened in Pillars of Eternity games and Divinity Original Sin 2.

But noo Jackie Death and fact that we won't have multiple apartments is more important, that what i find most funny.
Then go make a new thread about the stuff you actually care about. Jackie was my one true love...[nope]! T_T

Don't do that. Friendly or don't post.
Sild.

Last edited by a moderator:

V's companions are more important to me than multiple apartments. I don't see what the big deal is, V's apartment is just a place where he sleeps and stores items. You may be able to buy new furniture and change it.
Post automatically merged:

Soooo I found this old interview from 2018.
He's not really dead!! :coolstory:

Attachments

• dsfsdfsdfsd.jpg
    dsfsdfsdfsd.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Then go make a new thread about the stuff you actually care about. Jackie was my one true love...[nope]! T_T

I was actually preparing to kill him myself if I couldn't get rid of him otherwise, as I don't like the nicknames he used.

Last edited:

Obviously the people complaining about how he was portrayed are different from the ones who were shocked/saddened that he died.

That you didn't like the character doesn't mean everyone else should feel the same. Some no doubt liked what we saw of him on screen, or maybe just related to V's grief, since regardless of whether the player likes Jackie, he's a close friend of V. (or at least that is the case in the trailer versions of V)

I'd disagree that multiple apartments is a bigger concern. For me at least, it registers as a "Who cares?" You of course are entitled to your opinion.

See how that works? People sometimes have different opinions.

I didn't say that all need to be like me, if you like Jackie that is fine, i never like him and never care for him, like i say i probably wouldn't even take him on the mission if game don't force me to do so.

Multiple apartments i also don't care about that, who care about that in RPG, what i want is good RPG system where skill/attributes have big effect on your character, how that affect him in combat in dialogue, story to be interesting and fun.

I am fine that people have different opinions, you maybe like that CP2077 is FPP only, i don't like it, i would be happy if there is option to switch to TPP, but that is my opinion, like you say your opinion on Jackie so did i say my opinion about Jackie, i didn't say you all need to be happy about Jackie death, i just say is funny how a year ago many people complain about him and we see so little of him, and that he in my opinion was nothing special or unique, but now he is number one topic and all ask about him like he is most important stuff in the game.

Jackie for 99% is dead or we got some of plot twist and he will live (1%).

Second, about other companions, just dont make them dumb like these from skyrim/fallout 4, everyone who played as a stealth character and tried to not get spotted will understand me...

Third one, apartments system from first Watchdogs seems ok, We had one main house and a few containers with shower, closet and bed inside.

Last one, TPP usually make game much slower compared to FPP but that is just one problem with TPP. Second one is a Animations and a cover system. Third one is, how make TPP ,,work'' in such small rooms.

Thanks for attention ;)

No TPP game are not slower, look Vanquish, cover is always better in TPP than in FPP, plenty of TPP games in small rooms, building and other urban areas, again people have this idea that all the room and space in Night City is so small and claustrofoobic.

Last one, TPP usually make game much slower compared to FPP but that is just one problem with TPP.

TPP isn't slower, it's just that the bigger you view is, the slower you feel. Best example: go-kart vs a big car => at the same speed, you'll have the impression of going much faster in the go-kart.

I personally am definitely going to miss Jackie if he is truly ded. It is kind of assured to me to he will be gone too as the first cinematic trailer, V is driving the Vtech Quadra by himself escaping from seemingly corpo vehicles, possibly inherited from Jackie. (This could very well be for cinematic purposes only or you can purchase your own Quadra vehicle too). And the second demo gameplay appears to have no instances of Jackie appearing at all.

Initially watching the 48 minute gameplay, he felt like a true partner to me, the first few minutes how we would handle the scav hunt, yelling at each other how to eliminate the thug hiding in the back-room. To me he added the immersion to the given scenario, with him gone, I'll of course think on my own, explore on my own, talk to myself, but I actually appreciated him beside me as a companion just for the addition of the scenario.

Who knows also, in the latest cinematic trailer, its very possible that V chose the wrong dialogue decision such as 'Go ahead of Jackie' or 'Let Jackie handle the corpos on his own' which could very well lead to his own demise and you would have eliminated him as a companion permanently, to which its truly up to us to decide whether he lives or dies.

Imma try to keep him tho, pretending to be partners like Rust/Marty crime detectives or Heisenberg/Jesse drug dealers!

V's companions are more important to me than multiple apartments. I don't see what the big deal is, V's apartment is just a place where he sleeps and stores items. You may be able to buy new furniture and change it.

Soooo I found this old interview from 2018.
He's not really dead!!:coolstory:
Being "involved deeply in the story" could just mean that his death has a huge impact on V's life/journey T_T

Top Bottom