Is Jackie DEAD?!

+
Being "involved deeply in the story" could just mean that his death has a huge impact on V's life/journey T_T
Yeah I'm starting to think that Jackie really is a minor character because when I asked someone at CDPR they said what their colleague meant was that even minor characters are fleshed out to feel real :sad: that still doesn't explain why they would spoil his death tho! Maybe they didn't think Jackie had a big fanbase? Lol dev please respond

Yeah I'm starting to think that Jackie really is a minor character because when I asked someone at CDPR they said what their colleague meant was that even minor characters are fleshed out to feel real :sad: that still doesn't explain why they would spoil his death tho! Maybe they didn't think Jackie had a big fanbase? Lol dev please respond
It's a CGI trailer. CDPR also said you choose how the game plays out. I wouldn't be too surprised if they are showcasing a different perspective from the other V.

I think he isn't dead. Otherwise, if they wanted him to be some kind of triggering event for the character of V, wouldn't it have been wiser to keep that detail for the game and not outright spoil it? Like, they could have done a very similar trailer keeping us in the dark about who had died... but they didn't. Which makes me think that Jackie's death is probably just one of the possible outcomes. I think that the trailer was probably more a tone piece supposed to tell us about how our choices matter, how we aren't the exceptional hero that is the only cyborg (a la Adam Jensen or Major Scarjo), that shit can hit the fan like that, that we will be betrayed, left to death and discarded as mere waste if we don't play wisely.

Question is, is that already determined, or can we affect that via our story choices?

If the former, major WTF to CDPR for spoiling that. Actually, no, even if it's the latter, still major WTF.

That's not intended as hostility, but a genuine expression of confusion.

Best guess is that it happens relatively early on. I hope.

Thank you for mentioning this, the sole reason I registered on the forums was to like your comment and reply haha (even if its almost a month old). I asked a similar question on reddit, but people were pretty angry with me as a result.
This was my comment:
"I absolutely loved the trailer, but I was a bit bummed as a lore and story fan, since I felt like I was watching a huge spoiler. If these events are supposed to be big stepping stones for our character's development, I don't think the key moments for this arch should be shared as a trailer. I feel like I'm robbed of the future surprise and anticipation when I go through these events as I play (I think it might be the 'tutorial' origin story, but it's just a tip, I'm not sure).
Don't get me wrong I still can't wait to play it, and I'm madly in love with the guys at CDPR, but I just feel like they might have shared too much of a character defining 'quest line' packaged as a trailer. Even if its just a mere 'origin story', I would have loved to see how things will turn out without knowing what will happen.
What are your thoughts about this?"

I'm happy to find someone who also thinks it is an important spoiler. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for mentioning this, the sole reason I registered on the forums was to like your comment and reply haha (even if its almost a month old). I asked a similar question on reddit, but people were pretty angry with me as a result.
This was my comment:
"I absolutely loved the trailer, but I was a bit bummed as a lore and story fan, since I felt like I was watching a huge spoiler. If these events are supposed to be big stepping stones for our character's development, I don't think the key moments for this arch should be shared as a trailer. I feel like I'm robbed of the future surprise and anticipation when I go through these events as I play (I think it might be the 'tutorial' origin story, but it's just a tip, I'm not sure).
Don't get me wrong I still can't wait to play it, and I'm madly in love with the guys at CDPR, but I just feel like they might have shared too much of a character defining 'quest line' packaged as a trailer. Even if its just a mere 'origin story', I would have loved to see how things will turn out without knowing what will happen.
What are your thoughts about this?"

I'm happy to find someone who also thinks it is an important spoiler. :)
That's the reason why I think it's unlikely they would spoil Jackie's death if it was unavoidable, surely they know how much he's loved :ohstopit:

Being "involved deeply in the story" could just mean that his death has a huge impact on V's life/journey T_T
Thats why I think this was a huge spoiler ... Jackie death.. It seems an important story point in V's life. I doupt we can avoid this point .. And I believe maybe the demo and this trailer was from one of the origin story "street kid" if this is the case I'm very disappointed they spoiled this moment.

So? We also saw a girl, named T-bug and Dexter's bodyguard die too. T-bug even helped V and Jackie out during the 48 minutes gameplay at E3 2018 before Dexter Deshawn knew them. So who she really affiliated with?:shrug:

So? We also saw a girl, named T-bug and Dexter's bodyguard die too. T-bug even helped V and Jackie out during the 48 minutes gameplay at E3 2018 before Dexter Deshawn knew them. So who she really affiliated with?:shrug:
Not comparable, really. We've seen way more of Jackie and his personality than T-Bug or Dex, at least prior to the 2019 trailer.

As such, their death's didn't have as much impact.

For those worried that Jackie is forced on them . Lilayah said they will explain how Jackie and V met in game and it`s a great story .

Even if it's a great story, as long as we don't have any way to change the way he talk to V, he will stay an highly unimmersive part of the game so I'll want him dead to gain some immersion.

Though I'm much more concerned about Johnny Righthand being forced on me.
Let's go fear side and think that CDPR doesn't know how to make games that don't have a fixed protagonist.
Since Johnny is the second main protagonist, it feels like V is a companion in this game.
In the end how much Night City is telling the story of V?
If you will reduce the importance of Silverhand to the same level of other important characters, how great is the story of V?

Even if it's a great story, as long as we don't have any way to change the way he talk to V, he will stay an highly unimmersive part of the game so I'll want him dead to gain some immersion.
Why would your first reaction to somebody who talks to you in a way you don't like be to kill them?

For those worried that Jackie is forced on them . Lilayah said they will explain how Jackie and V met in game and it`s a great story .

But that is her opinion, maybe that story is great for her, but not for me or others.

Almost all companions can have great or good story, but that don't mean that they 100% likable to you.

Top Bottom