Is Johnny Silverhand gonna be in my mind 24/7?

+
As cool as Johnny Silverhand and Keanu Reeves are, I won't like it if he's in my mind 24/7, all the time, without any control from me. Sure, on some quests his presence would be cool, but what about when I eat, when in the bathroom, or when having sex in Night City? Is he gonna watch all those, like a creepy Big Brother? I want my privacy in Night City too.

Last edited:
Yeap pretty much. He wont literally be on screen the entire time though. Expect a large presence from him though, like they say he is the co-protaganist.

VelWu

Forum regular
Want to know this as well. Having Johnny during "the Main Quest" is expected and very cool, but I'd prefer that he stays out of the scene during side quests and/or open world exploration unless the narrative demands it.

Despite their flaws, I liked Skyrim and Fallout 4's handling of side quests. Your identity of "Dragonborn" and "Father/Mother of Shaun" is ever only mentioned during the main quests, and outside those you are just another denizen of the universe, free to role-play whoever/whatever you like.

Cyberpunk2077 would certainly benefit from adopting a similar approach. V as a protagonist is more than just "a shell for Johnny Silverhand's ghost". S/he's also the player's avatar. And that avatar is cooler when there exists ways to go beyond what is defined/restricted by lore surrounding Silverhand.

Want to know this as well. Having Johnny during "the Main Quest" is expected and very cool, but I'd prefer that he stays out of the scene during side quests and/or open world exploration unless the narrative demands it.

Despite their flaws, I liked Skyrim and Fallout 4's handling of side quests. Your identity of "Dragonborn" and "Father/Mother of Shaun" is ever only mentioned during the main quests, and outside those you are just another denizen of the universe, free to role-play whoever/whatever you like.

Cyberpunk2077 would certainly benefit from adopting a similar approach. V as a protagonist is more than just "a shell for Johnny Silverhand's ghost". S/he's also the player's avatar. And that avatar is cooler when there exists ways to go beyond what is defined/restricted by lore surrounding Silverhand.

Ah hah, your going to be dissapointed then, I think.

He also implies that he can read V's mind. He says this in the trailer, "You know, you don't have always to talk aloud V." So, imagine him invading your privacy of thoughts and knows what your thinking every single second. That is a crazy way to live.

He can also read V's mind. He says this in the trailer, "You know, you don't have always to talk aloud V." So, imagine him invading your privacy of thoughts and knows what your thinking every single second. That is a crazy way to live.

It could also be that v has to make an effort to adress his thoughts to silverhand for him to hear them. Who knows, bio ghost ai immortality technology is probably pretty complicated.

It could also be that v has to make an effort to adress his thoughts to silverhand for him to hear them. Who knows, bio ghost ai immortality technology is probably pretty complicated.
Yea, I don't know. It could also mean that he doesn't need a second thought about his ideas and is more experienced than V. He knows what he wants and his mind is set.

He also implies that he can read V's mind. He says this in the trailer, "You know, you don't have always to talk aloud V." So, imagine him invading your privacy of thoughts and knows what your thinking every single second. That is a crazy way to live.

That's what I am worried about. During main quests that's no problem, but personally I would hate it if he's like this when I'm sleeping with Judy or when I just want to be lost in Night City alone.

That's what I am worried about. During main quests that's no problem, but personally I would hate it if he's like this when I'm sleeping with Judy or when I just want to be lost in Night City alone.
I hope Johnny pops up on the screen when you'll be getting your hard on with Judy, and telling you how stupid you look flexing your muscles in front of her, lol. I really hope for some over the top humor everywhere

I hope Johnny pops up on the screen when you'll be getting your hard on with Judy, and telling you how stupid you look flexing your muscles in front of her, lol. I really hope for some over the top humor everywhere

would be ideal. never liked the way games takes themselves ultra seriously during romance and sex scenes.

I think they need(ed) to strike a "fine balance" with Johnny.

It's a problem or balancing between a cool and unique story unfolding with a "side-protagonist" in you and striking the balance of him being with you, but not turning into a constant "chore" either.

Main story representation and appearances should be expected. For anything beyond I would assume a compromise of occasional appearances is best, if at all.

But we will see. Technically you could play and avoid him completely by not progressing to the chip "heist", just as you technically could stay in Arasaka 'forever' by not progressing the prologue but have fun staying in that limited world space I guess. (I refrained from putting that in a spoiler tag since I assume its common knowledge of the early corpo life path due to it being widely talked about, covered and I guess if someone wanted to consciously ignore all that to avoid spoilers at all they wouldn't look into this thread here).

Alternatively, perhaps there is some final conclusion to him being in you as you finish the main story in the classic sense or based on certain choices you make.

It's really wait and see. It's fine for me if it's not "too intrusive" in terms of frequency of appearances because sometimes you might just want to have quieter moments - him being in your mind is basically the most intrusive already.

Yeap pretty much. He wont literally be on screen the entire time though. Expect a large presence from him though, like they say he is the co-protaganist.

If that is really the case, my V will have to kill him one way or another, even if I do like him.
Like for example by removing every cyberware, so at least it will make it blind and deaf, and V will be able to not see and hear him.

I think they need(ed) to strike a "fine balance" with Johnny.

It's a problem or balancing between a cool and unique story unfolding with a "side-protagonist" in you and striking the balance of him being with you, but not turning into a constant "chore" either.

Main story representation and appearances should be expected. For anything beyond I would assume a compromise of occasional appearances is best, if at all.

But we will see. Technically you could play and avoid him completely by not progressing to the chip "heist", just as you technically could stay in Arasaka 'forever' by not progressing the prologue but have fun staying in that limited world space I guess. (I refrained from putting that in a spoiler tag since I assume its common knowledge of the early corpo life path due to it being widely talked about, covered and I guess if someone wanted to consciously ignore all that to avoid spoilers at all they wouldn't look into this thread here).

Alternatively, perhaps there is some final conclusion to him being in you as you finish the main story in the classic sense or based on certain choices you make.

It's really wait and see. It's fine for me if it's not "too intrusive" in terms of frequency of appearances because sometimes you might just want to have quieter moments - him being in your mind is basically the most intrusive already.

Think more "co-protag" than "side protaf". And sure, I guess you could avoid him if you want to just literally walk around the city doing nothing and not actually play the game. Because you will be forced into having the chip installed.
If that is really the case, my V will have to kill him one way or another, even if I do like him.
Like for example by removing every cyberware, so at least it will make it blind and deaf, and V will be able to not see and hear him.

Lol a bit silly. Like it or not he is a very serious main part of the game.

Im sure one of the ending options will be to remove him in one of various ways though, including "killing" (deleting) him

And I'm sure the game won't like have him "in your way" on side quests not relevant to him though.

And sure, I guess you could avoid him if you want to just literally walk around the city doing nothing and not actually play the game. Because you will be forced into having the chip installed.

It might be splitting hairs, but you still actually play the game even if you do not pursue this particular main quest, while you can do any other content available to you up to this point and based on your choices/background.

You'll simply never progress past a certain point. Obviously hardly anyone will do this at least for their first playthrough.
Depending on later playthroughs and based on what crazy stuff happens, it would be a viable option for just roaming the world in sandbox fashion and doing anything else.

It might be splitting hairs, but you still actually play the game even if you do not pursue this particular main quest, while you can do any other content available to you up to this point and based on your choices/background.

You'll simply never progress past a certain point. Obviously hardly anyone will do this at least for their first playthrough.
Depending on later playthroughs and based on what crazy stuff happens, it would be a viable option for just roaming the world in sandbox fashion and doing anything else.

You won't be able to play the game if you don't complete the prolouge though I assume. Like their will be a certain (small) amount of quests available up until you choose to finally complete the mission where you end up with the chip.

It won't be a "play through" it will be you playing the game for a couple of hours and then stopping.

I don't remember if it was cdpr who said it, but I remember a quote "the game doesn't actually start until you meet Johnny"

You won't be able to play the game if you don't complete the prolouge though I assume. Like their will be a certain (small) amount of quests available up until you choose to finally complete the mission where you end up with the chip.

It won't be a "play through" it will be you playing the game for a couple of hours and then stopping.

I don't remember if it was cdpr who said it, but I remember a quote "the game doesn't actually start until you meet Johnny"

Well, I suppose we'll know with and past December 10. Gosh, look at the time.

Two and a half weeks basically :)

Top Bottom