Is level 48 Archgriffin the highest level monster?

+
Omg you should try without stagger and Archgriffin Decoction...if you wish to fight =)

Took me more than 10 mins(and many deaths)to kill him on deathmarch.

I did, the first one. Coz how'd you think I got the Archgriffin decoction? ;)

What the hell, I thought monster levels didn't scale... So why is the same griffin different level for some people (43 in some video 48 in another)

Yes that's the highest level monster i have found, and pretty much this is the problem with late game. The game really needs ZONES(not just individual monsters) with monster level ranging from 30-40 on velen/novigrad/oxenfurt, and levels35-50 on skellige, paired with more side quests ranging between levels 35-40. Also a level cap around levels 35-40 would be nice, to prevent us leveling more than nescesery. With all the places of powers, most builds are just 100% complete by level 30 anyway.

Yes that's the highest level monster i have found, and pretty much this is the problem with late game. The game really needs ZONES
I saw some Island(those small ones) in far north skellige looking like having different monster types on it,but we reallly need some more High level enemys to fight with PLZ update world!

I did, the first one. Coz how'd you think I got the Archgriffin decoction?

Heh about 20 min is more realistic =)

(43 in some video 48 in another)
Idk Mybe fonts are bad and its the same level xD

YazX

Forum regular
Can you make a picture with the location marked?

I'm sorry since that was like more than 10 days ago, i was just roaming and unlocking every single "?" on the map, i saw your post about monsters levels are showing different levels, so it might be that, it showed me 77 and for others its like 48 or below, not sure whey it showed me 77 and it was so damn powerful, every hit i strike only slashed 1% of his health and he cut me into half with single move LOL, if i run with similar situation i'll make sure to post the location next time.

77 is quite similar to ??, and even in my video, you can see ?? instead of 48. That's because the level only starts showing when you are within a certain range (<15?). Anything outside and it'll show ??.

Guest 3823474

Coz it didn't really put up much of a fight against level 20 Geralt (Death March). :p

I noticed the sword with bleed, poison and burn rune. I guess you are/were aiming for the achievement with that. Are the odds even worth trying? After all, all 3 5% chances need to proc before you kill an enemy and before any of the effects has worn off again.

I noticed the sword with bleed, poison and burn rune. I guess you are/were aiming for the achievement with that. Are the odds even worth trying? After all, all 3 5% chances need to proc before you kill an enemy and before any of the effects has worn off again.

Those runes are to trigger the 100% stagger bug, not the achievement.

theres a basilisk north of oxenfurt, north of the fast travel point that has the singing troll that has ?? as level
what does ?? mean? how do you actually find out what level it is?

theres a basilisk north of oxenfurt, north of the fast travel point that has the singing troll that has ?? as level

When your level gets close enough to it (maybe within 15 levels or less), you'd be able to see its level.

Not sure what to say about this. But I just one hit killed this thing with a crossbow. If you shoot it while its flying over the cliff it lands in the water and dies. I was not able to loot it, but It did allow me to easily get the note in its nest .

It is level 32 or 33 if I recall correctly, and the ?? is shown if the level is too high above yours.

I did, the first one. Coz how'd you think I got the Archgriffin decoction?

The level 48 Archgriffin is worlds apart from the lvl 26 one. I didn't have any trouble with any of the Archgriffins (including Opinicus) until I had to face the lvl 48 monster. Insta-kill makes all the difference. The decoction is broken so using it against high HP creatures is really nothing to be proud of.

Top Bottom