is my pc not good enough to play with ubersampling?

+
is my pc not good enough to play with ubersampling?

Hallo WItchercommunity!

I am a bit confused with my PC. It should be good enough to play tw2 with ubersampling or not??
WIthout it, I can play it smoothly with highest settings.

Besides its offtopic but I tried out Crysis1 today, lol i cant even play on high next to very high, what am i doing wrong??I can play tw2 on highest setting but not crysis even on high? ;; Any ideas?

my System:
Win7-64 bit
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
clock speed: 2661 MHz
physical memory : 8,99 GB
Asus GTX 570 Direct Cu2

Übersampling is more meant for future than present systems.

I have the same CPU and a GTX 580, and I still don't play with ubersampling enabled. Ubersampling can add more detail to a texture, but it doesn't always (the opposite effect has been demonstrated). Too much of a performance hit to be worth it IMHO.

So I suggest to go from High and then customize to your liking. Maybe a smooth 30+ FPS on ULTRA gives you bragging rights, I don't know, but I think most people will be happier with custom settings.

suislang said:
Hallo WItchercommunity!

I am a bit confused with my PC. It should be good enough to play tw2 with ubersampling or not??
WIthout it, I can play it smoothly with highest settings.

Besides its offtopic but I tried out Crysis1 today, lol i cant even play on high next to very high, what am i doing wrong??I can play tw2 on highest setting but not crysis even on high? ;; Any ideas?

my System:
Win7-64 bit
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
clock speed: 2661 MHz
physical memory : 8,99 GB
Asus GTX 570 Direct Cu2

What screen resolution are you using? Besides, nobody can really use the ubersampling option (apart from GTX580 triple-SLI owners).

M4xw0lf said:
What screen resolution are you using? Besides, nobody can really use the ubersampling option (apart from GTX580 triple-SLI owners).

That might be exaggerating, but only by a little. You pretty much need a top-end SLI or Crossfire setup. Ubersampling requires twice the computation and will slice your frame rate in half.

hey,
with my alienware aurora r3 im getting between 25-35 fps on highest possible settings +ubersampling on.
it contains a i72600k @3.9ghz and a radeon hd 6990,8gig ram@1600mhz,so with this kind of hardware the game is still very hard to run with ubersampling activated

Ubersampling would be for screen shots and presentation, playing with it currently enabled in the game doesn't make sense (apart from using it to stress hardware or benchmark).

Its better to just use Nvidia downsampling tool on 3Dcenter and use it with decimal multiplier for SSAA, or just use a custom post AA according to taste.

Note: The latest version of techpowerup's GPUz also shows approximate VRAM usage for ATI/AMD card, Curious ATI/AMD users might want to check that out with the game :) .

i've ran TW2 with ubersampling on my current system, Intel QuadCore 9550 GTX580 fps is around 27-35, you dont need a NASA pc to use ubersampling but it certainly helps.Would love to see it on a GTX590/I7 SLI system bet that looks pretty smooth.

sutro said:
hey,
with my alienware aurora r3 im getting between 25-35 fps on highest possible settings +ubersampling on.
it contains a i72600k @3.9ghz and a radeon hd 6990,8gig ram@1600mhz,so with this kind of hardware the game is still very hard to run with ubersampling activated
I get that with a 6970.. Well at 1680x1050.. So I'm guessing it still isn't utilizing the dual card..

it seems both my gpu,s were at 50% according to msi afterburner,after a reboot they were on 98% and fps were nearly 50

Top Bottom