Is new game plus worth trying or does it lose that "growing" feel playing a new game gives you

+
Is new game plus worth trying or does it lose that "growing" feel playing a new game gives you

When alot of games have new game plus it feels like it loses something when you play like that. For example when I played mass effect 2's new game plus type thing it was cool at first that you started off with all your stuff topped out or at the very least alot stronger but the fact you didn't have to gain stuff as the story goes forward made it a little boring on that front. Is this the same or does it still have a new feel to it?

I have not played NG+ yet, but from what I have read you still have to loot all new weapons and armour and gain back mostly everything. I think Alchemy stuff carries over, and personally that makes way more sense that Geralt already knows most of the potions at the beginning. The only big issue perhaps is that gold rewards from quests does not matter much as you should be fairly rich when you port a character over.

you already start as a witcher, you have oils, potions, witcher gear, so you dont need to find it all again and just play, and do missions,
it does have a new feel, a witcher start

you alrady completed the game you know what to expect basically

In NG+, you'll have to search for weapon and armour diagrams because you lose them all when starting over. You can keep lots of weapons and armours BEFORE starting the NG+; just put them in your inventory or the trunk. You get to keep all (superior) oils, potions, bombs, decoctions so no need to search for those recipes.

Even though you start out as an experienced Witcher, you'll find that the first hours of playing are actually as hard as in an ordinary NG - at some points, even harder. I had a lot of trouble beating Nithral this time although I knew how it worked, and I still haven't made it past the werewolf guarding the whispering hill during the quest Ladies of the Wood.
So, yeah, there are still challenges, even on a low level of difficulty like "Story & Sword". Geralt dies a lot on me - even more frequent than before. Opponents seem to be a little harder than in my first playthrough but I'm guessing that this will change once he's past a certain level. Probably around level 65 or 70; currently, he's at level 61 or 62 (can't remember which one since I haven't played in a while), started out with level 53.

NG+ is perfect for a feeling like starting the game as an already established witcher.

Crank up the difficulty, flip on enemy levelling, put on your trusted gear and use your favorite build which you worked so hard for, to finall enjoy slicing enemies up without continuously thinking: "Dammit, I can't wait for that next tier of weapon! When do I get it?!".

I enjoy NG+ DM with enemy levelling immensely. It also gives me a lot more options to vary my build.

Totally worth it as you get try all the different options in the quest lines infact you need about 4 palythroughs if you want to see all the possible scenarios your choices make.

I am getting ready to do a NG+ play but what i am doing to keep that new exploring feeling is; i have dropped all my potions, bombs,crafting materiel, food, weapons (Except i kept my mutagens so to fully take advantage of being able to play more with the skills points) etc. That way i still have to craft from the beginning, because i really enjoy the exploring, foraging, harvesting feeling you get form an RPG.

I also spent all my money and only am starting with some water, and sandwiches and NOTHING else in my inventory.

As for storage i just kept my favorite set of armor and weapons i want to start new game + with, since they will soon be rendered useless.

I just got my first gaming PC so hope to be able to play a more immersive play through with Mods!!

I really didnt like new game+ with 50k plus cash. I needed to find some way to get rid of it. So i got to a inn, got my Geralt drunk, lose a game of gwent, get mad, cause a ruckus and picked a fight with city guards..They beat you up, and take all you`re money! And all this in the name of immersion! I think i have a problem :D

insanewolf1;n3449152 said:
When alot of games have new game plus it feels like it loses something when you play like that. For example when I played mass effect 2's new game plus type thing it was cool at first that you started off with all your stuff topped out or at the very least alot stronger but the fact you didn't have to gain stuff as the story goes forward made it a little boring on that front. Is this the same or does it still have a new feel to it?

It's really different from ME3 or ME2 NG+ - Totally different approach to leveling system and character development. I did play both several times and indeed, don't rightly recall having ever finished a NG+ with any Mass Effect. I always ended up starting a new different Shepard and enjoying it a lot more.

With The Witcher 3, in particular, now reaching the end of my 13th run (1930 hours total gameplay since game release) it is a different story. After NG+ was introduced, I played it gladly right at the end of every new NG. With the expansions and all, it became even more attractive. Without HoS I used to finish NG around level 34-36. Then, with HoS, at level 42. With NG+ I reached the level 70 cap pretty fast and played the rest of the run for zero xp points and I loved it. (as much as I love to use a "all quests give full xp" mod). I stopped my 12th run, NG+, waiting for B&W, before the end of Wild Hunt and I reached level 100 before the end of the run. Loved it. I was already craving for a new NG run.

Then I started right away a new NG run, first one with B&W and I'm about to finish it in some 10 hours of gameplay, clocking 210 hours for this run atm, at level 69. I will prolly be level at level 70 at the end of this run and I am already craving to start a new NG+ with this Geralt. Will likely reach 100 mid-run and I'm ok with that! Enemy Level Scaling added more fun to it. And I am certain that at the end of it, I'll be craving for a new NG. And it is very likely I'll do a full Witcher marathon then, TW EE, TW2 EE and then a new TW3 NG. With the Blue Stripes tattoo this time! "To Paradise, on Whores' arses!"

I've found/tried/experienced so many new and different stuff in EVERY single one of my TW3 run. I thoroughly recommend a NG+ after a NG then start a whole new Witcher with with a different path/build/choices. The very repetitive dialogues are skippable and some are totally changed from one run to another. I like that I can use anything that the game gives me and game always gives me what I need for that build at that point. Very much like what I felt about Diablo games that makes it quite addictive too. Plus it has such a great story and gameplay that beats Diablo back to hell!

And I still have to work, do social functions in my community, social activism for my ideals. I haven't got the same kind of free time to play as I did in 2015 but I enjoy playing this game just the same, even more so now that I can only do short sessions or grabbing a long weekend like this one (with a 2 days holiday for which I already compensated the hours at the work =)

I bet I'll be playing this f**** game until Cyberpunk is out and I'm in no hurry for the release... lol (If it were only up to me, you know... all I have to live is today anyway)

P.S.: Make it level 75 at the end of regular NG with all possible xp or most of it, gained. Some bosses are a pain in the azz at that level! lol

NG+ is perfect for a feeling like starting the game as an already established witcher.

Crank up the difficulty, flip on enemy levelling, put on your trusted gear and use your favorite build which you worked so hard for, to finall enjoy slicing enemies up without continuously thinking: "Dammit, I can't wait for that next tier of weapon! When do I get it?!".

I enjoy NG+ DM with enemy levelling immensely. It also gives me a lot more options to vary my build.
Yes sir!!!
Deathmarch only in NG+.. started at lvl 54..😊👍
Post automatically merged:

Grandmaster gear is NEVER USELESS!
I did an ng+ run without crafting new armour or swords- kept Aerondight tho😊- and I kicked ass!!

Level is key.. same level as enemy but a lesser sword? No probs..oils still superior..😊

Top Bottom