Is Nifgaurd supposed to have everything?

+
Ng decks are op idc. Buhurt boosts and other ng boost stealing cards is disgusting. Play a deck perfectly and still get blown away. Stealing points and swapping points on deploy and making an entire hand of setups useless. I'm just forfeiting any time I see ng anymore. It doesn't help any when you promote meta decks and players newer to the game run up against someone who just buys and builds bs decks.

What...?
The problem with Nilfgaard is that it has no class identity (why Lockdown got nerfed then changed into something else entirely, why do Soldiers got all revamped, etc), and it has too many archetypes that simply don't work well enough.
So it has "everything", but nothing actually works.
Only masochists like myself care to play Nilfgaard when we could just play Skellige and play no brainer 4p cards that play for 8 points.

What...?
The problem with Nilfgaard is that it has no class identity (why Lockdown got nerfed then changed into something else entirely, why do Soldiers got all revamped, etc), and it has too many archetypes that simply don't work well enough.
Only masochists like myself care to play Nilfgaard when we could just play Skellige and play no brainer 4p cards that play for 8 points.
It tottaly the opposite
Everything work with NG
I've a good NG deck for each leader ability
I still dont understend people who say skellige is overpowered
See, to have a good deck
U need cards to mill ur deck, to play the cards u want from ur deck
So bad draws are not a problem
U need some controls, lock poison, destroy ...
And NG is the faction who have the largest way to mill and controls
4 p that play for 8 points ?
Lol NG have 4p that can play for 50 points u know the cultists ?
Play SK u will realise how much NG is cheated

What...?
Lockdown was nerfed bc nobody was playing it
And it not the only leader ability that's is not being played lol NR had only 3 playable ones
Have u seen mobilization, and Uprising being played ? They nerfed Royal Inspiration recently so now they have 4 playable
Arachas Swarm ?
Call of Harmony ? Harmony was played recently bc they added new cards that work with but i faced more Harmony deck played with Guerilla Tactics
Rage of the Sea ?
Battle Trance ?
I havent seen those on ranked, could be intresting if they mix them together and i'm not sure if it will be, worthy to play
Blood Money ?
Pirate's Cove ?
For me the only worthy leader ability for SY it Lined Pockets
Hidden Cache is good too bc their two senarios are bad passiflore not strong enough and the pirates need to be played on round 3 bc of Flyndr's Crew condition
See now ? With Lockdown nerf NG is the only faction that have her whole 6 leader ability playable

NazGul'ard.png

One - Fraction - Game, poorly designed

So there is a rule for 150 + leader cost provision, but you can skip it in many ways if you play nilfgaurd, scattering up to 300, brilliant game design

God, bit scared I'll get berated!
I've been playing gwent for about a month and a half. I love it and I love how the fractions are very lore heavy and as in the books (I'm 4 in) Nilfguard "arent very nice" - so I get it that they play dirty and heavy. However as a newbie I'm really frustrated recently (im currently level 10) and when I play a NG I just get destroyed. This is because their decks can has so much versitlity. I've had card removal, swam, lock, steal, posion all played heavily in one game.

Is NG meant to be overbearing? It feels the greedy spoilt kid that wants everything.

Monsters swam and consume, elfs sort of the opposite and "produce"!, syndicate I get etc but NG really has me fustrated. I love skelige and only want to play with that fraction (I'm autistic!) but to raise the ranks does one have to be only with NG?

I get that it might be my deck but I have watched videos and stuff and my deck seems "inline" with what others are compliling.

Promise not ranting - just trying to wrap my head around this as I've fallen for this game rather strongly!

PS forgive any dylexesic mistakes!

God, bit scared I'll get berated!
I've been playing gwent for about a month and a half. I love it and I love how the fractions are very lore heavy and as in the books (I'm 4 in) Nilfguard "arent very nice" - so I get it that they play dirty and heavy. However as a newbie I'm really frustrated recently (im currently level 10) and when I play a NG I just get destroyed. This is because their decks can has so much versitlity. I've had card removal, swam, lock, steal, posion all played heavily in one game.

Is NG meant to be overbearing? It feels the greedy spoilt kid that wants everything.

Monsters swam and consume, elfs sort of the opposite and "produce"!, syndicate I get etc but NG really has me fustrated. I love skelige and only want to play with that fraction (I'm autistic!) but to raise the ranks does one have to be only with NG?

I get that it might be my deck but I have watched videos and stuff and my deck seems "inline" with what others are compliling.

Promise not ranting - just trying to wrap my head around this as I've fallen for this game rather strongly!

PS forgive any dylexesic mistakes!
Dear friend,
what to say?
In a nutshell, unfortunately this is Gwent nowadays...I know what you feel, been there lots of times.
I just saw your message, and coincidence, just few moments after posting a detailed message connected to this topic on this old thread:
You have my solidarity. It's really annoying and sad to see the majority of opponents playing Nilfgaard, and it makes you lose the desire to play the game.
Nilfgaard is the most easy way to win and climb ranks, so the majority of players are attracted to it like bees with honey.
This is a big elephant in the room that has never been addressed by developers, and kept getting bigger and bigger.

Hey Luclon,

Thanks for the replay. How to respond without just repeating ;-) I read that post and glad I wasn't just feeling the same!

This is my second month and struggled to reach to level 6 but I cant see how the designers would create a team so powerful as it would force competiative players just to use this deck. As an artist I love a challange and I love to lose if its in the mindset of good fun and in a place "to grow". check your stratagy, deck etc. However when a fraction has everything and can build decks with everything. It makes it dull and meaningless.

I've reached a point when I see the "lock" icon come up I debate just exiting and being a bad sport and not GG (Im english so it like water on a witch to me!!)

Anyways I love it and geniunaly sad its about to go next year but hey how. Lets hope that this gets addressed. I dont know how they plan to hand this over to the comminity - perhaps we can all discuss. However if all the players are NG then I guess we are a loosing vote ;-P

Thanks again - promise this isnt me moaning about loosing!

The approach should be to try every patch to make sure that it's not a mountain, but at most a low hill.
Yes it can't be perfect but they should aim for level ground.
dude, who are you that are so wise on the ways of words. I liked specially this text "
The approach should be to try every patch to make sure that it's not a mountain, but at most a low hill.
Yes it can't be perfect but they should aim for level ground."
Post automatically merged:

Ok, let me play devils advocate
usually the convention goes that someone has to forcefully play devil's advocate when there is ample concensus that one idea is the correct one with no opposition, but yet involved ones want to cover all flanks. here I do not see ample concensus nor lack of people vouching for NG.

Don't take it wrong: you can say whatever you want, it's just a recomendation that goes beyond this forum, if there is no need to play devil's advocate (because there are convinced views already that go against the proposed idea), it is better not to play it.
Post automatically merged:

Funny how in the patch notes thread there was a comment about there was no evidence that NG was not well regarded. and that it wasn't easy to play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom