Is not today when ends the year of the wild pig?

+
It started at the end of January 2019, so I'd expect it to end at the end of the month. The Chinese New Year is on January 25th this year, which would indicate the same.

I'll necro this in case people missed the information.
The year of the boar will likely be ending at or near the date stated by Draconifors.
If you're still missing the unique rewards from it - avatars, title, game board and the neutral witcher trio premium cards, the time to go get them is now.
It's possible the reward tree will stay up after the new year begins, but it's not guaranteed.

I think it will stay.
There are tabs to separate groups in the reward tree book.
I think a new tab will be added.

Anyway I completed the tree of the boar year at least. :_D

I also think it will stay, and they will simply add a new page to the Reward Book. It's not much of a book when it only has two pages. :p

Both are very good guesses. It does seem like the system is built to have tabs for days so it's really a yes-no type question as to whether the developers will decide to keep the boar tab switched on or not.
I suppose we'll see in three days.

DRK3

Forum veteran
How did you leave your year of the wild boar page?

End of the Year of the Wild Boar Reward Book.jpg

This is mine (screen taken at the end of December) and i didnt touch it anymore, since i got what i wanted and i would rather have completely full or completely empty trees than some filled halfways (and i thought this page would become innaccessible at the beginning of the month...)

(EDIT) only noticed now - Dana's page on this screen isnt completed, but i obviously wasnt gonna leave it, when its so close to being finished. 11/21 reward trees seems a good ratio, better than the one i have on initial page

Last edited:
How did you leave your year of the wild boar page?
I've done nothing except unlock Anna Henrietta and Ardal aep Dahy, plus most of the latter's tree. :D

(Also, I doubt the page gets locked for 11 years. Leaving it as it is seems like the only good option to me.)

I did enough with the tree to get the board. Then left it for a long while. Then did enough to get the witcher, a bit more after that and a few days ago i spent the remaing 10-20 skill points to finish it off just for the sake of finishing it off.

All the other trees though are in much worse shape. There's only so many skill points i have and i tend to spend them on the seasonal trees, especially if i like the rewards from them.

To this date, I still haven't completed any of the regular trees or even gotten the skin rewards from them. But that's probably because i got back into the same around the time when the season of the bear was introduced so i didn't have as much time to collect and spend the skill points as the people who've been here the entire time.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I'll be sorely disappointed if we dont get a new reward book page soon.

But i guess they didnt want to add one with just a single reward tree (last year they added the thronebreaker leaders at the same time as wild boar tree i think)

(last year they added the thronebreaker leaders at the same time as wild boar tree i think)
They did, yeah.

You have a fair point. But what could they add this time? The next expansion, which may not even have Leaders, isn't coming in the near future, and a random set of Leaders sounds more than a little unlikely (and would come in March at the earliest, anyway). :shrug:

News, need more news... at least if my Feb 7th theory fails.

Any update on this? Will Year of the Wild Boar remain so that we can still complete that tree? ETA on the start of the next yearly tree?

I just started playing Gwent a couple of days ago. It would be nice to know whether or not starting the Year of the Wild Boar tree is still worth it or if that would be a waste of reward points because the tree will be removed in the coming weeks.

Now I think that the year of the rat page in the reward book is delayed to coincide whit a new surprise expansion in the season of the bear.
What do you think?

Top Bottom