Is Orianna the girl in A Night to Remember?

+
@Lytha: The story itself isn't expanded enough, so most of it is just guessing (if we are trying to tie it to that trailer). I.e. they could develop it better, showing the outcome of different choices. The trailer set a good base for ambiguity, as trailer director himself said, so it feels like the game reduced that potential to a point, as well as didn't elaborate on it. As was mentioned before, it sounds like they retrofitted it, rather than developed the story consistently. So to a degree it makes them different characters in the literary sense (because authors had different ideas when creating them).
Have I really been too vague?

In my opinion, the orphanage is a textbook child molester situation. Orianna abuses the kids for her own pleasure.

With the kids being definitely underage and with that extreme age difference (underage kids vs several century old adult), this is absolutely not a consensual relationship. In a consensual situation, the person selling their body to the powerful/wealthy one might of course have decided "by their own free will" that it's great to be humped in exchange for food and shelter, sure. Underage kids however... nope. Not consensual. This is child abuse. Plain and simple textbook child abuse.

Shit of that sort should not be apologized for or tried to reason ("oh, but being raped is much better for that underage kid than living on the street. Also, the rapist is really gentle and uses psychotropic drugs (or vampire hypnotic trances) on the targets while doing their business"), IMHO.

That's what I referred to as the slippery slope. Hopefully not too vague this time so that my point now comes across as it's meant.

And yeah, this is all about your "on their own free will" from earlier.

As for the topic of the thread: I am also very sure that the trailer vampire and Orianna are the same, which poses quite a lot of lore problems, given that ingame Orianna is definitely not just a lowly bruxa, while the trailer monster has been called a bruxa by CDPR. Orianna came across as one of the higher vampires like Detlaff and Regis; the multitude of bruxae of Beauclair just stalk the streets at night instead of being the shadow duchess of town.

Have I really been too vague?

The trailer was. As I said, they either revised the initial idea, or couldn't connect them in the way they originally intended to. I.e. the issues that you brought up make it less ambiguous in the game than the trailer set it to be. I showed above how it could possibly be presented ambiguously (i.e. I'm trying to guess what CDPR's intention in the game is, if you connect it to the trailer), but as you say it's hard to explain it that way. Anyway, it's not the first inconsistency, and bruxa / non bruxa one is just another disconnect there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom