Is Orianna the girl in A Night to Remember?

+
Is Orianna the girl in A Night to Remember?

I'm writing this post because I saw a good amount of people on GameFAQs still saying the girl is not Orianna.

I think that girl is obviously Orianna. They are both vampires, even though the game doesn't explicitly say she's a bruxa. They have the same character model, and same voice actor. They even sing the same song (Lullaby of Woe).

So I have 2 questions to ask here:

1. Has there been any official statements on this matter?
  2. If not, do you think she is Orianna?

Yes, it's the same girl. No official statement needed. Can't possibly get more obvious than that.

The trailer takes place post-Blood and Wine, when Geralt returns to Orianna for her head. If you choose to go to the orphanage with Orianna at the end of the BaW and do her quest, Geralt remarks that he will be back for her one day. That's A Night to Remember.

The trailer takes place post-Blood and Wine, when Geralt returns to Orianna for her head. If you choose to go to the orphanage with Orianna at the end of the BaW and do her quest, Geralt remarks that he will be back for her one day. That's A Night to Remember.

I never realized to thought about that :D

when Geralt returns to Orianna for her head. If you choose to go to the orphanage with Orianna at the end of the BaW and do her quest....

Oh.... well..... looks like there are a lot of things to do in Blood and Wine after defeating ... a good friend of Regis.
Deleted the finished game savegame to early for the new start.

Didn't play the game, but from what I've heard Orianna is shown as ambiguous in the game (i.e. such as children doing it out of their own will). Not sure if they worked the story through properly, or just tied it to the trailer post factum.

I'm writing this post because I saw a good amount of people on GameFAQs still saying the girl is not Orianna.

I think that girl is obviously Orianna. They are both vampires, even though the game doesn't explicitly say she's a bruxa. They have the same character model, and same voice actor. They even sing the same song (Lullaby of Woe).

So I have 2 questions to ask here:

1. Has there been any official statements on this matter?
  2. If not, do you think she is Orianna?

Welcome to the forums!

It's 99.99999% Orianna. The nay-sayers are most likely trolls.

or just tied it to the trailer post factum.
This would explain a few mismatches. The girl from "A night to remember" cinematic is Orianna, but:

1. In trailer Geralt and this vampire girl act like they don't know each other. Geralt says that some people paid him for killing her and nothing like "You are disgusting children bloodsucker! I finally came for your life! Prepare to die!!1 "

2. Orianna is a high vampire, is she? Trailer girl remarks that in the times past witchers would never take such a contract, maybe it hints that she is a high vampire too, because they are intelligent and dangerous as hell. But she acts and fights like regular bruxae and dies in the end. Though it is impossible to kill a high vampire without help of another one (in games at least).

3. Toussaint/ Beauclair from trailer really looks more like Velen or some other gloomy location. It is definitely cold when events take place and winter in Toussaint is usually soft. Don't know which weather is normal for region in this time of year, but this steam coming out of Geralt's mouth, it raises some doubts in my head.

Last edited:
The trailer was done a food while before BaW even began being developed so they probably did change a few details OR simply based Orianna of the trailer heavily but not neccissarily being ome and the same of you know what I mean.

I can't remember properly, but was there an option to say "I'll come back for you later" and then some other option too? If this was the case, then it's not sure in the trailer what Geralt has said to Orianna earlier. I'm pretty sure I thought that I could have a chance to fight with Orianna if i choose that option and not that other one.

When I saw that trailer before BAW, I got the feeling that they are not total strangers. Neither of them doesn't attack right away.

Of course she's the same. They used the same character model and Geralt said 'I'll come back for you later'. What I want to know is what came first? I suspect CDPR were so impressed by Dijic's video they integrated her into the expansion later.

This would explain a few mismatches. The girl from "A night to remember" cinematic is Orianna, but:

1. In trailer Geralt and this vampire girl act like they don't know each other. Geralt says that some people paid him for killing her and nothing like "You are disgusting children bloodsucker! I finally came for your life! Prepare to die!!1 "

2. Orianna is a high vampire, is she? Trailer girl remarks that in the times past witchers would never take such a contract, maybe it hints that she is a high vampire too, because they are intelligent and dangerous as hell. But she acts and fights like regular bruxae and dies in the end. Though it is impossible to kill a high vampire without help of another one (in games at least).

1. Yes, in the trailer it looks more like they didn't know each other from before. At least I got such impression. The trailer leaves more room to ambiguity (see here), but from what I've heard the game retains some of it.

2. She is a higher vampire in the trailer, and probably one in the game too. At least it makes most sense. The whole bruxae subject is somewhat messed up in the game from what I've heard, so it's hard to make logical conclusions based on the lore alone. However you can see that in the trailer she is not using sonic attacks and turns invisible, which is an additional indication of the fact that she is a higher vampire rather than bruxa (in addition to her paraphrasing Regis). Which for me means that in the trailer she stays alive. There is a whole subject of why Geralt didn't take the trophy and such. It does seem that CDPR retrofitted it, and didn't work it through well enough in the game.

Last edited:
Didn't play the game, but from what I've heard Orianna is shown as ambiguous in the game (i.e. such as children doing it out of their own will). Not sure if they worked the story through properly, or just tied it to the trailer post factum.
Uuuuuuhm.

Game facts:
- vampires do not NEED to drink blood to live. They drink blood like a recreational drug. Not much unlike all that wine the humans are into in Touissant, in fact.
- the blood of children is particularly tasty. Young and fresh and unpolluted.
- you run into books in which vampires describe various methods of human husbandry. Keeping them in a natural environment apparently provides tastier blood and easier breeding than keeping them in cages.
- Orianna shelters orphans in that orphanage. This is of course better for them than starving on the streets. Or better than being held in cages.
- Orianna is genuinely shocked that one of the kids accidentally killed his sibling (they were hiding from a monster, and he had to put his hand over her mouth because she wouldn't keep quiet, and he accidentally apparently suffocated her.) Pretty sure a dairy farmer would be shocked if one of the cows killed another, too.
- Orianna sings a nice song to quiet down the kid and cuddles him as Geralt walks off to kill the monster who attacked the orphanage.
- A bit later, the kid is not in pain or fear as Orianna is feeding away on his jugular vein. Luckily, he's also not really into it though (that would've been controversial...)
- Right after the interrupted blood exchange, as Geralt threatens Orianna, the kid steps between the two and begs for Orianna's life

Now... uhm... why would the kid do this?

a.) because he's totally donating blood on his own free will?
b.) because he's still in a hypnotic trance (maybe the song was part of inducing this trance)?
c.) could it be a situation like prostitution (exchange of safety and shelter and food for the entertainment and pleasure of a wealthy person), and he prefers safety and shelter over starving on the streets, and thus defends his ponce?
d.) maybe he's got some sort of Stockholm syndrome?
e.) it's like he's a well-domesticated cattle for that vampire. Well, actually, that's a mix of (b) and (c).

If it's like prostitution or cattle domestication, do you really think that a <10 year old has chosen this life style on his own free will?

Last edited:
A few things are pretty clear from the trailer. First is that Geralt was not fighting a higher vampire, unless he found a way to actually kill them. Another thing is that there was snow on the ground. We don't see Geralt taking the head as a trophy but he was planning on it as he had his hook out. All we see is a skull that is pretty decomposed.

The children song, doll and looks of the vampire all support that this is Orianna. There are some big unanswered questions.

1) Is Orianna a higher vampire?
2) Why does Geralt want to even fight Getlaff if he knows he can't kill him?
3) How long do higher vampires stay "incapacitated" if Geralt fights them and beats them?
4) Can it snow in Toussaint?
5) What city is Geralt riding to at the very end of the 4 minute trailer? Sure looks like maybe it's Toussaint.
6) What did the vampire mean by saying a witcher would never take that contract?
7) Is she dead at the end?
8 ) Why didn't Geralt take the head as a trophy?

The game offers more confusion. Remember that Detlaff and Regis can rebuild lost tissue but they went through some process. And it took years for Regis to recoup. So how does all of that fit in to not killing a higher vampire?

Finally, what is the definition of "killing a vampire" actually mean? Is it like Gandalf in LOTR? Their spirit never dies but you can kill their physical presence on this plane for many years?

If I had to say I think it is Orianna.

EDIT: One last point. In the Wiki it describes higher vampires with this line:

"Even witchers are not capable of recognizing them at once, for their medallions remain perfectly motionless in the presence of higher vampires."

But the trailer clearly shows Geralt's medallion vibrating like crazy. So was this a higher vampire? Not according to this Wiki point.

Last edited:
@Lytha: as anything in the Witcher world, it's complicated. The kid can as well do it for obvious reason - orphanage provides them protection, and they are indeed doing it out of free will. The alternative is the streets and the world that isn't any better or less cruel (actually it's more). So, would Geralt's choice to stop Orianna be good or not? Yeah, he might say, he stops vampires indulging in blood for pleasure, but starving kids who will become thieves or worse when they'll end up in the streets won't necessarily thank him for it.

Last edited:
@Lytha: as anything in the Witcher world, it's complicated. The kid can as well do it for obvious reason - orphanage provides them protection, and they are indeed doing it out of free will. The alternative is the streets and the world that isn't any better or less cruel (actually it's more). So, would Geralt's choice to stop Orianna be good or not? Yeah, he might thin he stops vampires indulging in blood for pleasure, but starving kids who will become thieves or worse when they'll end up in the streets won't necessarily thank him for it.

Isn't that the same reasoning people use to support sweat shops, sex shops, prostitution and slavery?

"Even witchers are not capable of recognizing them at once, for their medallions remain perfectly motionless in the presence of higher vampires."

Different higher vampires can have unique abilities specific to them (and preventing magic detection is not necessarily universal amongst all of them). Also, they might do it at will probably, so when they don't want to conceal themselves, the medallion will detect them.

---------- Updated at 12:49 PM ----------

Isn't that the same reasoning people use to support sweat shops, sex shops, prostitution and slavery?

It's not about the reasoning, it's about the outcome. I.e. Geralt's choice here is not "good or bad". It's more of lesser of two evils. Question is which one is less.

Last edited:
@Gilrond-i-Virdan: Careful, that is a slippery slope. We're talking about children being used by adults for their own petty pleasure. There's no two ways about it; we're looking at some seriously dark and abusive shit there.

Anyway, I know what you're getting at, and yeah, life outside of the shelter would of course also be hard on the kids. But out there, they wouldn't be the target of that specific abuse they're selling themselves for to Orianna. The longterm effects of both these choices are bad.

But funnily enough, there's another shelter in Beauclair; that one is for (adult) homeless people. While I still somewhat suspect the guy who runs it, and thus keep staring at his teeth and his fingernails in the cutscenes, I am relatively sure that he's in fact not a dairy farming vampire who sucks blood of his subjects each night. And there's the bootblack kid, about whos family background I am not clear rightnow, but he seemed somewhat orphaned, too. And doing quite okay. Life outside of the orphanage has obviously some other shelter and entrepeneur options. So, it's actually not down to a choice between just two options: "become a petty criminal street kid or sell your body to that vampire in exchange for food and shelter".

Anyway. Keeping in mind that Oriannas cattles are children, That Orianna is abusing their bodies for her own pleasure. And that it is highly unlikely that the kids really are mature enough to have chosen on their own free will to be the pleasure objects for Orianna.

What an honour, selling the own body for the pleasure of a vampire!
Imagine being part of this greatness and mystery!
Imagine giving a vampire your precious blood as if it would be Ambrosia mixed with honey and Baileys.
I am sure Orianna`s bites hurt even less than getting hickey love bites in the morning for getting marked as "in relationship" before leaving for work, being alive and dead the same time depending on how goth you dress..... Aw the good old times :)

I am sure one has to wear this as a sign of being the humble servent of Orianna:

Well she looks a little bit different:

But....just a little bit.

@Lytha: The story itself isn't expanded enough, so most of it is just guessing (if we are trying to tie it to that trailer). I.e. they could develop it better, showing the outcome of different choices. The trailer set a good base for ambiguity, as trailer director himself said, so it feels like the game reduced that potential to a point, as well as didn't elaborate on it. As was mentioned before, it sounds like they retrofitted it, rather than developed the story consistently. So to a degree it makes them different characters in the literary sense (because authors had different ideas when creating them).

---------- Updated at 08:49 PM ----------

Well she looks a little bit different:

In the game she was made to look similar to Laura Doddington who voices her / performs the song in the trailer.

Last edited:
I can't remember properly, but was there an option to say "I'll come back for you later" and then some other option too? If this was the case, then it's not sure in the trailer what Geralt has said to Orianna earlier. I'm pretty sure I thought that I could have a chance to fight with Orianna if i choose that option and not that other one.

When I saw that trailer before BAW, I got the feeling that they are not total strangers. Neither of them doesn't attack right away.
Geralt says the "I will come back for you" line towards the end of the conversation anyway. You don't get to choose whether or not you want to tell her that.

Top Bottom