Is our billing info compromised if we bought the game through GOG Galaxy?

+
I need to know if I should change my credit card after CDPR's info got stolen.

Check this:

GOG Shopping Experience

How do you protect my payment information?

Your security is very important to us and we go to great lengths to protect it. We protect the confidentiality of every transaction using secure encryption (SSL). Also, for your added security we do not retain any credit card info on our servers. Your payment information couldn't possibly be safer.

-----

And for I have read in the news the pirates/hackers are selling internal code of games but NO any credit card INFO

link

As an additional mitigation, consider using a CC that lets you generate Virtual Card Numbers. If compromised, the FI will reject any reuse of that particular card # if attackers attempt to use it at other retailers or points of sale. And you don't need to request a new card as well.

As an additional mitigation, consider using a CC that lets you generate Virtual Card Numbers. If compromised, the FI will reject any reuse of that particular card # if attackers attempt to use it at other retailers or points of sale. And you don't need to request a new card as well.

That's very cool, I've never heard of that feature. I'd guess it's only available in some countries though.

But, as @Riven-Twain said above, CDPR don't believe that any personal stuff was compromised anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom