is Rend still bugged ??

+
is Rend still bugged ??

Was it ever ? Has it always been ? Will it be forever ?

I have tried everything I can think of, but never get any additional damage (and oftentimes less).

Please note.

-Have Rend maxed out, and properly slotted with a Greater Red Mutagen supported by Synergy providing a 60% buff.

-Perform Rend exactly as guidelines state, making sure I have at least 50% stamina and often at least one adrenaline point

-Able to confirm Rend is initiating because (for those of you aware) I get the animation which is clearly extremely different in appearance and execution to any other heavy atack and is unique to Rend

-Watched and read every Rend "how to" video and description and feel I am executing near perfectly

-Every time I line it up and land what I think, and what seems like it is going to be a punishing, goddish blow, I get the exact same damage (in all honesty, usually even less) I get from a normal heavy attack.

-It is beyond frustrating and aggravating because it seems like it should be one of the best skills of any in the entire game, however, right now I am just sacrificing agility and strike time when compared to a conventional heavy attack, and getting no additional damage.

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.....

Last edited:
I don't know if it's been stated to be fixed, but it's worked properly for me always, for a long time now...

Note that fast-rending is meant not to go higher than a heavy blow.

yeah, its the same damage as heavy attack for me too, no matter how long i hold it down.... even tried with the "staminaboy" console command and held it for like 20 seconds, but nothing.... there is a mod on nexus to fix rend, but im not sure if it does anymore

The point of Rend is that it can ignore enemy armor and shield, it's the only attack who can pass through a shielded opponent.
The damage it can deal is related to your adrenaline and stamina, i did a full charged blow with 3 adrenaline point and it did something like 10k damage..... but it's difficult to land because often there is no time to charge it fully.

Anyway i found quick rend excellent for dealing with shielded/alabarders or all enemyes who can parry your attacks, regardless of the damage it can deal.

what bug? i don't really pay attention to the damage but Geralt cuts through halberdiers & shield guys like hot knife through butter.

what bug? i don't really pay attention to the damage but Geralt cuts through halberdiers & shield guys like hot knife through butter.

I hear ya, about the thumping Geralt does with "Rend", however, if you do pay attention to the damage you might notice (as some of us have) that even when maxed out with 5/5 on the ability tree, the actual damage it does per hit is less than landing a hit with "Crushing Blows" maxed 5/5. The bug exists in that "Rend" is supposed to deal massive damage (like 300% more) when your stamina is at least 50% and, if you combine that with adrenaline points, some say single blows can do upwards of 10,000 damage and, although that may sound outrageous, many high level monsters (NG+) have significantly more HP than that.

It's not a big deal really, but it certainly takes away some of the value of "Rend". Obviously crushing through an enemies shield is cool, but you can just as easily (without sacrificing speed, mobility, stamina or adrenaline) sidestep a shield bearers attack and inflict more damage with a single, standard heavy blow.

I could be wrong, but I (we) "thought" the ultimate point of "Rend" was to land a single, well-timed, God like strike which ignored all defense and killed your enemy instantly (in most cases).

IMO, when using "Rend" in its fast state which does about the same damage as any other heavy attack, although admittedly cool at first, it gets awfully gimmicky really fast and becomes a throw away skill

Obviously... just my opinion

I hear ya, about the thumping Geralt does with "Rend", however, if you do pay attention to the damage you might notice (as some of us have) that even when maxed out with 5/5 on the ability tree, the actual damage it does per hit is less than landing a hit with "Crushing Blows" maxed 5/5. The bug exists in that "Rend" is supposed to deal massive damage (like 300% more) when your stamina is at least 50% and, if you combine that with adrenaline points, some say single blows can do upwards of 10,000 damage and, although that may sound outrageous, many high level monsters (NG+) have significantly more HP than that.

It's not a big deal really, but it certainly takes away some of the value of "Rend". Obviously crushing through an enemies shield is cool, but you can just as easily (without sacrificing speed, mobility, stamina or adrenaline) sidestep a shield bearers attack and inflict more damage with a single, standard heavy blow.

I could be wrong, but I (we) "thought" the ultimate point of "Rend" was to land a single, well-timed, God like strike which ignored all defense and killed your enemy instantly (in most cases).

IMO, when using "Rend" in its fast state which does about the same damage as any other heavy attack, although admittedly cool at first, it gets awfully gimmicky really fast and becomes a throw away skill

Obviously... just my opinion
i see. hmmm maybe it's meant to be like this?

as it is, i already feel that with a Strong Attack build + Thunderbolt + Rend + Greater Red mutagens, Geralt is already a walking terminator. :)

but it's difficult to land because often there is no time to charge it fully.

Short alternative mode igni spray to set enemy on fire. That way you have all the time in the world to fully charge rend and chop the fool in half while he's helplessly burning. Also yrden alternative mode is a good for that, especially for bosses who don't catch fire.

Top Bottom