Is resilience on gold card needed?

+
Is resilience on gold card needed?

I played against a Skelliga and they played boar of the sea then used adrenaline rush from round 1 to round2. So they had it on the board for 3 rounds. It was overwhelming when you can't deny his set up especially when they resurrect at later rounds. Any way, this is the first time i saw a gold card in three rounds and having a gold card stay on the board for 3 rounds is just astounding to me.

What do you think of this, should this be allowed? IMO it's not OP just weird that someone hadn't utilized this deck archetype since patch changes (gold immunity change).

Well, back in the early days of Closed Beta there was this NR deck that used Adrenaline Rush on Reinforced Trebuchets, cloned one with Foltest and then Promoted all of the Trebs to Gold. A single AR lasted all three rounds back then. That deck was a nightmare to play against.

Now that Gold cards are vulnerable I really don't see a problem with double Adrenaline Rushing one. One reason it hasn't been used might be that AR is such a low tempo play, and can end up being a dead card if drawn on R3.

You had to had really bad luck with the draws (and he a really good one), or a deck with a total of 0 control cards to deal with this. The described situation seems more like an accident than a regular occasion to me.

Adrenaline Rush is low tempo and the reward often isn't that great. Also if you draw it in round 3 it's pretty bad. In the current meta these are good reasons to not use it. Besides, cards like Ekimmara are often better.

I'm not a fan of the whole using adrenaline rush on gold or leader (Unseen Elder) cards but right now that gives people at least a bit more incentive to use this card.

devivre;n9721081 said:
Adrenaline Rush is low tempo and the reward often isn't that great. Also if you draw it in round 3 it's pretty bad. In the current meta these are good reasons to not use it. Besides, cards like Ekimmara are often better.

I'm not a fan of the whole using adrenaline rush on gold or leader (Unseen Elder) cards but right now that gives people at least a bit more incentive to use this card.
This. Low tempo cards with no body are bad as long as you don't get value from them immediately, i.e. Thunderbolt Potion. And even then, it's questionable most of the time.

This strategy wouldn't have worked very well against most decks. Also most golds in the game have no carry over benefit and you wouldn't want them to have resilience. I guess now that I think about it, D shackles in this meta, locking then demoting a gold card can stop someone using RENEW but opens up someone using decoy or in your situation SIGRDRIFA or RESTORE to resurrect a silver.

KDean11;n9720811 said:
I played against a Skelliga and they played boar of the sea then used adrenaline rush from round 1 to round2. So they had it on the board for 3 rounds. It was overwhelming when you can't deny his set up especially when they resurrect at later rounds. Any way, this is the first time i saw a gold card in three rounds and having a gold card stay on the board for 3 rounds is just astounding to me.

What do you think of this, should this be allowed? IMO it's not OP just weird that someone hadn't utilized this deck archetype since patch changes (gold immunity change).
A simple lock destroys that combo. It also locks the Boar's ability. One card vs his two? It's kind of your fault for not having a method to destroy it or lock it. Even a basic Alzur's Thunder would wreck it.

Top Bottom