Is someone interested in fantastic polish audiobook samples with english subtitles...?

+
Thank you for this thread, this forum badly needed a place to talk about these

I don't usually like audiobooks because I don't like someone reading a book for me, but these are more than just reading, these have a full cast of amazing actors, beautiful music and use some awesome background sounds. They allow such a great immersion in the witcher universe.

Well ok not all the actors are amazing, some of them are not so good, but the main cast is perfect.
Krzysztof Banaszyk is awesome as Geralt, he has just the perfect voice to give life to this cynical character pretending to be emotionless while at the same time displaying so many subtle emotions.
Anna Dereszowska is the best Yennefer in my opinion (yes, I love Denise Gough but Anna is even better), she understood the character so well, I didn't think it was even possible to get such a complex character but yet she did it. She just nails every single scene.
I really liked Małgorzata Kożuchowska as Triss too, picturing her as a vulnerable and insecure young sorceress yet very passionate about her beliefs.
I'm not such a huge fan of Joanna Pach-Żbikowska as Ciri, but I must admit that for a 36 years old actress acting as a 13 years old she really deserves some credit too.

I already was a huge fan of the books when I started to listen to the audiobooks but these took it to a whole new level. They made me get a deeper understanding of both the characters (by the way Dereszowska is absolutely awesome in a Shard of Ice for anyone having trouble with that particular short story), and the plot.

I have seen a lot of people out there not wanting to give it a shot because it's in Polish, but seriously it's worth it. Plus, seriously Polish is a very beautiful language (yes I've fallen quite in love with it), and second @Gilthoniel did an awesome job with those samples and the subtitles in there, even correcting the English books sometimes :p. So yes I would definitely recommend that to any fan of the books.

aaw thank you it is my channel :D

Dude! I love you seriously! :D
You are the best!

Please do more of them!
These audio books are just pure Gold!

:happy2:

---------- Post Merged at 02:22 PM ----------

@zappy3

Absolutely agree with everything you said!

The main thing for me as you say is really that you get that immersion.

I just need to close my eyes and i have the feeling that the characters are right infront of me! That i can see everything what they are doing.

And yeah the actors are all very good in my Opinion, also Joanna Pach-Żbikowska :)! And Polish fits so perfect to that whole Witcher universe! It's incredible!

I don't know if there are more audio books like that out there, but the Polish witcher audio books are the perfect example of how a Audio book should be made!

And again a big Thank you to @Gilthoniel ! :)

Thank you guys a lot of your kind words - I thought that nobody from English speaking fans would listen the samples since it's in Polish but after I listened Time of Contempt I just had to upload the Thanedd scene :D and add the subtitles for all. The video had really great reactions from fans so I continued. So far there are released: The Last Wish, Sword of Destiny, Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt and Season of Storms...

Baptism of Fire will be released in few months. :) I really looking forward to The Tower of The Swallow and Lady of The Lake so many emotional scenes there...

What is your fav scenes so far? I really love the Belleteyn meeting with Geralt and Yennefer from Something More story
[video=youtube;MH3cZy-1jio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH3cZy-1jio[/video]

OMG! That's just incredible! Does anyone know where to get/buy full versions of this Polish audiobooks? Thanks so much @saltyB for sharing and @Gilthoniel for creating such channel. Probably I found one of the most pleasant ways of learning Polish. Time will tell.

I would say there, but for some reason I can only find Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt and Season of Storms.

What is your fav scenes so far? I really love the Belleteyn meeting with Geralt and Yennefer from Something More story

Uh.... Can I make that a top 5? That will already be hard enough :p
With no particular order I would say definitely the Belleteyn sample you just posted (Yen crying really gets me every time).

Also this one because I just love the Shard of Ice short story so much and the way the actors are acting in there..... You can seriously learn a great deal about both Yen and Geralt by listening to this.

The Thanedd coup sample because Yen and Ciri parting is just so emotional.

This one because Ciri admitting that she doesn't want to lose Yen and Geralt is awesome and Yen's reaction even better.

And maybe, to not make it an "only Yennefer" selection this one because I really really like the Triss voice actress (and by the way, I need more of her, please?)

But truth be told, I could have put any one of the samples in there because there is something I really like in all of them.

I really looking forward to The Tower of The Swallow and Lady of The Lake so many emotional scenes there...

I can't wait for "Tower of the Swallow" and "Lady of the Lake" ;)

My favourite Scene is definitly :

So funny! I love the Ciri voice actress!

But sure, all samples are fantastic! :D

The Yen and Ciri moments are always the best! You can really see how much they both care for each other!

:)

Yeah, their relationship is the most beautiful thing in the books in my opinion. And in the audiobooks both actresses have a very special way of acting in those particular scenes. So much love and vulnerability and trust on both sides :wub:

Yeah, their relationship is the most beautiful thing in the books in my opinion. And in the audiobooks both actresses have a very special way of acting in those particular scenes. So much love and vulnerability and trust on both sides :wub:

Yeah, you can really hear from their voices that they had a lot of fun together making these audio books! :)

OMG! That's just incredible! Does anyone know where to get/buy full versions of this Polish audiobooks? Thanks so much @saltyB for sharing and @Gilthoniel for creating such channel. Probably I found one of the most pleasant ways of learning Polish. Time will tell.

Like @zappy3 said they are officially available on Fonopolis site but first two books are sold out and we are waiting for re-release.

But if you really are serious about the Polish learning :) PM me ;)

I really really like the Triss voice actress (and by the way, I need more of her, please?)

I absolutely love Triss scenes from Blood of Elves and my upcoming sample will be with Triss - the scene when she is talking about Batlle of Sodden Hill! :)

I don't usually like audiobooks because I don't like someone reading a book for me, but these are more than just reading, these have a full cast of amazing actors, beautiful music and use some awesome background sounds.

Same thing. I never liked the idea of audiobooks, I remember my friends were so excited about Hussite Trilogy (which was first fonoplis production) and I was like "what the hell are you talkin' about. Can't you read on your own?" :D But yep, then I found one of @Gilthoniel samples on YT and I had to change my mind. Right now a lot of audiobooks in Poland are being done in this style so I listen to the books more often (still prefer reading though).

I would say there, but for some reason I can only find Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt and Season of Storms.

Last wish and Sword of destiny are being sold together as "Wiedźmin BOX"

I'm not such a huge fan of Joanna Pach-Żbikowska as Ciri, but I must admit that for a 36 years old actress acting as a 13 years old she really deserves some credit too.

For me she's doing really good job. Look how much she is in the character :D

[video]https://youtu.be/pK2WwCIchoI?t=57s[/video]

BTW audiobooks are basically the only adaptation of Sapkowski's works that he really likes. In 2015 he was praising Krzysztof Gosztyła especially.
Of course he wouldn't be himself , if he didn't add "but you probalby know that yourself from watching TV etc. that ther are some people who shouldn't work in this profession (acting). Maybe feeling of the forest would fit them better, work in quarry or selling kebabs - but not acting. "Actor" - that sounds proud, but we used to have a real actors. Listen, I'm 67, I grew up without watching TV, because my daddy used to say that "TV is for idiots" but I was listning a lot of radio, and there was radio drama on it - that was a listining with bated breath. But there were actors - actors after good school. Nowadays, not only whole bunch of assholes write books while they shouldn't, there's also a whole bunch of assholes who play in movies as series while they shouldn't too" :D

---------- Updated at 06:37 PM ----------

the scene when she is talking about Batlle of Sodden Hill!
Cool. My favourite Triss moment ever

For me she's doing really good job. Look how much she is in the character :D

[video]https://youtu.be/pK2WwCIchoI?t=57s[/video]

Haha well I must admit I didn't like her at all the first time I heard her (I don't remember which sample it was), I thought she was over doing it. When I learned she was actually 36, I was kinda like : WOW and reconsidered a bit, and yes her acting kinda grew on me after that. She is still not the best actress in this casting though.

I really like that vid, The way she is clinging to Krzysztof, I don't know how he is doing to remain serious! They seem to really have fun though!
Joanna is right in what she is saying there though, Ciri did change a lot from the little girl she was in the beginning, and it's really not the easiest character so as I said, she does deserve some credit!

Like @zappy3 said they are officially available on Fonopolis site but first two books are sold out and we are waiting for re-release.
I'm searching for some digital copies, hope they are available.
But if you really are serious about the Polish learning PM me
Thanks a lot! My situation is specific, I speak both Ukrainian and Russian, which means I already understand about 40% of Polish words, 30%, I'm able to guess their meaning and other 30% I need to learn. Listening to audiobooks and reading favourite The Witcher books seems like a great opportunity to increase comprehension and reading skills.

the scene when she is talking about Batlle of Sodden Hill!
Truly great moment. Interesting how witchers were talking about neutrality and lack of motivation and than (spoilers from Lady of the Lake):
Coën died protecting The Northern Kingdoms in Battle of Brenna and Geralt died trying to save non-humans during The Rivian Pogrom

Top Bottom