Is stealth any fun?

+
I'm high level in the game currently but was thinking of starting over once the bug fixes and game improvements start rolling out for reals. My current build is mostly Nethacking, so I'm an unstoppable murder-brain wizard right now. For my next run I was thinking about maybe going heavy into stealth as something different - but can anyone tell me, is it any fun at all? I like Cold Blood and have quite a few points there, but nothing in the main stealth skills. Will I be able to fight my way out of a wet paper bag, or should I experiment with something else?

I'm working through a stealthy build at the moment, my main problem so far is I keep having to invest in body and tech to brute force doors when I want to spend points elsewhere. Plus hacking for cameras etc

Guest 3847602

It sure was for me. Though, I had to restrain myself from using "reboot optics", "system reset" and "synapse burnout" whenever it was avoidable.

mbrto

Forum regular
I'm working through a stealthy build at the moment, my main problem so far is I keep having to invest in body and tech to brute force doors when I want to spend points elsewhere. Plus hacking for cameras etc
my stealth builds usually have 3 body
sometimes 6 for faster overwatch reload

I personally thought it was fun, though I noticed enemies seem to find bodies even when I hide them?

Nope its fake. V is not stealthy in this game, V is simply carefull to not enter the guarding npc´s perception zone.

my stealth builds usually have 3 body
sometimes 6 for faster overwatch reload
Maybe I'm ust too impatient to get in through the back doors/ windows. I'm enjoying it but haven't put much into the stealth tree yet. What perks would you go for first?

I personally thought it was fun, though I noticed enemies seem to find bodies even when I hide them?

Make sure you pick up any left over weapons that the enemy can spot.

I found the stealth quite fun, it's nice that the AI changes the patrol sometimes spontaneously, keeps me on the edge.

You can also tackle bosses in stealth mode with enough patience.

I found the stealth quite fun, it's nice that the AI changes the patrol sometimes spontaneously, keeps me on the edge.

Ahh, that could be it. I thought it was maybe a bug but that would make sense. I'll give it a go next playthrough.

You don't have to hack cameras from a distance, you can avoid their sight, you can move under them to manually turn them off, more noticeable is shooting them, or finding the terminal they are linked too and disabling them. You don't have to have any hacking ability to play stealth, but it can be easier to have it....but also it can encourage you NOT looking around for a better way. A pure Stealth run takes way more time than anything else, as you are looking, waiting, watching and planning how to move around and NOT get seen, and finding the containers to hide bodies. IF stealth is your cup of tea, it can be very fun and rewarding to play in CP2077, but if you aren't patient or know the game and areas well, it can be extremely frustrating and give the feeling that "it doesn't work". It is amazing how many times I have gone into an area completed the mission, and then found a better entrance that would have made it easier and better for stealth if I had just looked a bit more.

I currently have a beserker brawler/stealth build at level 50, and removing the hacking ability was one of the best things I did, as it meant I HAD to play different instead of just having another hacking, shooting, stealth build with only variance in levels more than playstyles.

it depends on your playstyle. It's just ok to me. Requires patience, lots of patience, immense amounts of patience. Plus like already mentioned juggling stat points was an issue until i was like level 32. I preferred grabbing Skippy and putting 1 points into hanguns and just having fun.

I found it pretty fun for my first (and still current playthrough); I grinded for level 50 before the heist, so V spent most of the game with 18 cool, 18 technical ability, 16 assault, 9 body and 9 intelligence (she still has 1 skill point to spare).

My playstyle leans more towards stealth shooting (Shigure SMG/ Overture revolver), which I matched up with quickhacking. While it is a bit (a lot) overpowered when outside combat, it is pretty fun to go through missions without firing a round and/ or without a single lethal kill. Having the perks weighted to SMG performance (not including perks which could be done by mods, like recoil, solved by countermass mod) acts as a decent contingency if things go tits up and lead needs to fly at a fast rate efficiently...

Just be sure to set the game to very hard difficulty if you are going for a stealth build; it's the only way the enemies stand a fraction of a chance against a stealth build V, heh

Last edited:

I found that a disturbing compromise (between tec and strength) to divide "Lock Picking" to more than one category. IF door "smashing" had at least an alert the guards component to it I could accept it in the game. I mean this is why most burglars DO NOT just throw a rock thru a window...

They really needed to make the tec electronic lock combination "picking" more dedicated. That was the only reason I put points (and max to 20) into TEC anyway. It made me mad to find out that still there were doors that could be "pulled" open but not "picked".

Such pitiful door construction in night city even on high tec buildings.
Who would have guessed we would lose the craft of lock making in the future...

I'm like an MGS hardcore fan i love stealth imo this game does a very good job on giving you options in terms of combat in general to approach situations for example sasquatch i love how you can completely dodge her fight by sneaking around 1 thing i would love to see in the future is to give monowire some sort of stealth mechanic anything similar to what we saw it the demo but regardless i think stealth is pretty enjoyable

Successfully stealthing right through Gimme Danger was a big thrill. I don't find stealth particularly easy in this game, but it's because it's challenging that when you pull off a long stealth mission it feels good.

WOW really? That is more aware than I thought the NPC were.

Something else happen to me that hinted there is more to the AI than we may have believed at first. I fell off the side of a building while practicing a dangerous parkour trick and a near by NPC sitting on a bench laughed and said "that was ambitious, but why?"

I tried it again a few times (reloading a save where I was at on the building) and each time I got this NPC reaction.

WOW really? That is more aware than I thought the NPC were.

Something else happen to me that hinted there is more to the AI than we may have believed at first. I fell off the side of a building while practicing a dangerous parkour trick and a near by NPC sitting on a bench laughed and said "that was ambitious, but why?"

I tried it again a few times (reloading a save where I was at on the building) and each time I got this NPC reaction.

I was having some fun with the new driving system and I drifted really close to the kerb where there was a cop arresting someone. He jumped away nearly being crushed by my front end screaming ''Another motherfucker trying to kill me.'' and then he opened fire managing a headshot and a brief reload :D.

Dunno why, but I was laughing in tears.

To answer your question, it must be it, because when I used to leave the weapons behind the bodies would get detected and I couldn't understand why since they were in a container.

Ever since I got into the habit of clearing up after myself I haven't had any instances of bodies being found when there were clearly none visible.

msxyz

Forum regular
Like gunfighting, after a while it becomes stale.

Also, it is somehow bugged because sometimes I get a 'corpse detected' even if there is none around, no weapon or GIBs; most of the time this 'false alarm' is associated with the action of dumping a corpse inside a container. It's also completely random because reloading and doing again the same action always fixes it.

Top Bottom