Is the game safe to purchase now?

+
Is the game safe to purchase now?

I didn't pre-order the game, because these days every game sucks at release for a few weeks until it is patched. So many bugs and crashes. I have read the same on W3, people crashing and having bugs, so I am glad I didn't pre-order.

However, the game looks great and reviews are great. Is it safe now to purchase? Have they released any patches fixing various issues people complained about? Or, should I give it another 2-3 weeks? I am in no rush. Haven't watched any videos for fear of spoilers.

I didn't pre-order the game, because these days every game sucks at release for a few weeks until it is patched. So many bugs and crashes. I have read the same on W3, people crashing and having bugs, so I am glad I didn't pre-order.

However, the game looks great and reviews are great. Is it safe now to purchase? Have they released any patches fixing various issues people complained about? Or, should I give it another 2-3 weeks? I am in no rush. Haven't watched any videos for fear of spoilers.

well i had a few crashes at first but they patched it a few days ago and havent had any crashes since so i say go for it

Naturally new releases get more polished with time but witcher 3 in its current state is the most complete gaming experience I ever had, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't buy it, very minor issues apart the game is amazing.

Aside from the occasional crash here and there, I've noticed nothing that made me regret my day 1 purchase on PC. Thankfully I quicksave often so the crashes are a mild annoyance at worst.

The issues I've had are very minimal, I did have some crashes a few days ago but it's been pretty good since then.

Some people have been having issues (from what I read), but I only had a single crash in 30 hours and I had to reload once because half the characters got stuck in T-pose. but that's it, nothing game-breaking.

If you're on PS4, give it some time. Haven't got anything aside from the day 1 patch, and things aren't as rosy as some people make it out to be. It's a good, but very much incomplete game.

Wait for the next couple patches and see what people are saying after that.

If you're on PC (eveven if it's not the top) buy it. Of course there are some rare bugs (I had inventory crash at the beginning, now fixed with a patch), considering this is a huge open world.

Last edited:
I would say the people posting here saying they only had one or a few crashes are lucky.
I lost count of the number of times the game crashed or locked up so I have to kill it via task manager.
There also seems to be allot of random bugs, some that even blocks progress.

If I were you I would wait a couple more weeks and let them get the worst of the bugs sorted, because in my opinion this is more of a beta than a release ready game.

I had 1 crash so far in a cutscene. Aside from that everything worked perfectly fine...

I heard especially AMD card users have to watch out, but I think if you have a Nvidia card you can buy it and if you are not very unlucky it will be relatively stable.

You might want to wait a few weeks, but I'd say it is more stable than most games in recent times were at release.

Last edited:

Go for it. I got the game on PC and in my week of playing it only crashed 3 times. twice on the same day, doing the same thing (alchemy in menus - they patched menu stability now)

Granted i do use the exact same hardware (or near enough) they have been using in livestreams and pre release events.

I play on PC and have a Nvidia card. The responses on this thread are mixed, so I will just wait a few more weeks. Maybe get it end of June or Early July. There is no rush, I am sure the game is fantastic, I just don't want to deal with all of the bugs and crashes. Thanks.

You definitely should buy it :) But if you are sensitive to bugs and glitches you should wait of playing it for a week or two.. there is still few optimization issues dev's work on

My PC experience is pretty good now since 1.04 (I didn't have many problems at the beginning anyway).

The major problems seem to be out the way, the crashing from the inventory seems fixed.

All that remains is a few tweaks to the system and a few minor bugs.

I would buy it but then again you said you are in no rush.

Top Bottom