Is the "Killing Monsters" Witch in the game?

+
Is the "Killing Monsters" Witch in the game?

I remember seeing a 30 min demo of the game before release and I could have sworn in iy Geralt saves the witch again from bandits at her home or something. Can anyone confirm this for me?

OP, you might be thinking of the quest
Death by Fire, where you save an elf from bandits trying to burn her house down while she's still inside.

Actually that cinematic would have been the perfect opening to the game, and then they stop to sleep and the current beginning takes place.

An in game event, not just playing that video.

Last edited:
Did they explain why that quest / character was cut from the game?

Best guess is it wasn't intended to be in the game to begin with, since that hut is in Crookback Bog and only the Crones' Hut should be there. Devs do that all the time, add a little content into a demo that won't be in the final game just to show off a system. In that case, I'd bet they wanted to show off humanoid combat and a cutscene, and give the idea of their liberation system.

They could've also put Iorveth in the game somewhere, but you're right. :p

He isn't in? I remember seeing him in some pre-launch trailer, so I expected him to be in the game (but I didn't play it yet). It's kind of weird to make such trailers and then not putting those characters in the plot.

I heard that Iorveth will be in first DLC. No proof though,dont remember where.
also there was an article according to the words of beta-testers or smth like that - Iorveth was mentioned there and some quests with him as well
so probably they cut it for dlc or smth else..

The rumor was that he and Isengrim were originally supposed to be a large part of Chapter 3, but were cut probably due to time constraints.

But, I'm off topic.

Top Bottom