Is the "Sacred and profane" card drop part of the Cursed Toad set?

+
[UPDATE below the line]

You can now 'buy' Cursed Toad kegs with gold but when you check on your collection progress for Cursed Toad, there's zeros for every faction, which suggests that the "Sacred and profane" card drop is part of the Cursed Toad card set. What is going on here?

If CDPR is letting you acquire an incomplete Cursed Toad set (i.e. missing "Sacred and profane" cards) then that's really acting in bad faith.

How many more card drops will there be before there are never any more? Will they be part of the same set or different sets?

Thankyou for any info on this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like my worst fears have been realised:

1) You can BUY with MONEY only the "Cursed Toad megapack" which SEEMS to have ALL the cards in the set, namely

a) Forgotten treasures
b) Curse of the Black Sun
c) Chronicles
d) Sacred and profane (S&P)

2) This means that if you now use gold to get the Cursed Toad Ultimate Kegs you will NOT get any cards in the S&P set.

This is really nasty by CDPR, just bleeding players of money and not providing value to people who wish to use gold to get ALL the cards in the Cursed Toad set.

My best advice would be to wait for CDPR's monetisation period to end for S&P (hopefully it will) and use gold to get Cursed Toad Ultimate Kegs once the S&P set is included in them.

Using gold to get Cursed Toad kegs now just means if you get all the currently available with gold cards from that set, then you will have a much smaller chance of getting S&P cards when they become available.

I'm glad that 2023 will be the last year that CDPR bleeds players with this horrible formula for card drops.

As I said above the line, you can check that the S&P set of cards isn't available by using gold to buy Cursed Toad kegs by checking your collection progress in your profile or going into the crafting section of the game and seeing what cards from that drop are available in Cursed Toad. For the former, you have have 0 out of 0 progress and for the latter you have all cards shown except S&P.

Last edited:
The new cards are available within the Cursed Toad kegs.

I believe there will be 3 more card drops next year.

The new cards are available within the Cursed Toad kegs.

I believe there will be 3 more card drops next year.

Do you mean to say that the new Sacred And Profane cards are available only via a cash purchase? I updated my post to suggest that that is what is happening.

I did a search and found a useful post on Reddit which also says that there will be 3 more card drops next year. Unfortunately it looks like a repeat of the nasty formula CDPR had for card drops this year....pay to win and you will only be able to use gold to get the entire set once the 3rd card drop has passed its monetisation period.

I'm glad that there will be no more card drops after next year given the new formula for how CDPR does it.

No, I'm mean they are available in the kegs you purchase with gold.

Obviously, it's only a few cards out of many possibilities, and all are good, so you're chances of actually finding one is low.

I managed to find a couple of premiums in the 200 kegs I opened, including Dagon 😁

Obviously, it's only a few cards out of many possibilities, and all are good, so you're chances of actually finding one is low.

I managed to find a couple of premiums in the 200 kegs I opened, including Dagon 😁

I'm trying to suss out when the best time to get Cursed Toad kegs with gold is. I counted 86 cards from this set in the Deck Builder section, under the Cursed Toad icon, including Dagon, so I assume that this backs up your claim that the cards from Sacred And Profane are now available to get with gold with Cursed Toad kegs.

Here's the thing though...when you look at your collection progress, Cursed Toad is still displaying as 0/0 cards acquired. Like I said before, this strongly suggests that at least one of the three new card drops next year is part of the Cursed Toad set. In that case, only when the collection progress gives a total number of Cursed Toad cards will it be wise to use gold to get the Cursed Toad kegs.

I've been saying here recently that this new card release format is toxic. I thought being forced to wait the best part of a year in order to be able use gold to buy Cursed Toad kegs was horrible, well, now it looks like I will have to wait the best part of two years in order to have ALL of the cards available in the CT keg set using gold. That's a toxic format...now covered in something brown and sticky...which isn't a stick.

I got some CT kegs using gold and opened some. Then this topic came to me. So, if I hold on to these kegs without opening them until the entire set is available, will those final cards dropped be included in them or am I stuck with just the card drops available at the time I got them?

It seems to me holding off on using gold to get the CT set until all the cards is available gives you the best chance of getting most of the cards, if you have enough gold. Getting most of the cards now this way just makes the cards yet to drop a very small target when you get the kegs when the final card set drops.

I'm not going to miss this card drop format. Words can't describe how pathetic it is.

2022 is the year of the cursed toad. The cursed toad set is finished.

Next year's new cards will be part of a new set.

So why does Collection Progress for Cursed Toad have 0/0 then? That suggests that more cards in the set are still to be released. Until that's cleared up I'm not really comfortable using gold to buy kegs in the CT set. Having someone official say that the complete and entire set of CT is now available would be reassuring. Then again, if the complete set is now out, I wouldn't need to be posting on this if Collection Progress just reflected that the complete set was out by having the fraction of CT cards you possess versus the total amount of cards in the set. This is basic stuff and should have been done days ago, if you are right.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So why does Collection Progress for Cursed Toad have 0/0 then? That suggests that more cards in the set are still to be released.
I went in-game to try and find this 0/0. I eventually found that stat (and i have 100% of cards).

I can't state anything official, but i bet that is simply a bug, one amongst so many. Because the cursed toad set is different from the previous card drops, which were expansions with a defined number of new cards, while the cursed toad itself is a collective of card drops distributed throughout this year, they just didnt program / updated the correct number of cards and we get 0/0, even when you have all cards.

I agree this keg system sucks, when you have to wait for the last card drop of the set, usually many months after the first, to have a keg with the new cards, because ultimate kegs have too low a chance to get new cards with such a huge cardpool, and so it isnt a feasible strategy to get the new cards.

However, im fairly sure the cursed toad set is finished. Go check the reward book, and its different tabs:
2018 - the initial page with default leaders, 2019 - year of the wild boar, 2020 - year of wererat, 2021 - year of the great oak, 2022 - year of the cursed toad. Its likely 2023 will have one last tab.

I forgot to ask, of those 200 S&P kegs, I assume, which you opened, how many of the complete set did you get, assuming that there are no more card drops in the set?
Post automatically merged:

I went in-game to try and find this 0/0. I eventually found that stat (and i have 100% of cards).

I can't state anything official, but i bet that is simply a bug, one amongst so many. Because the cursed toad set is different from the previous card drops, which were expansions with a defined number of new cards, while the cursed toad itself is a collective of card drops distributed throughout this year, they just didnt program / updated the correct number of cards and we get 0/0, even when you have all cards.

I agree this keg system sucks, when you have to wait for the last card drop of the set, usually many months after the first, to have a keg with the new cards, because ultimate kegs have too low a chance to get new cards with such a huge cardpool, and so it isnt a feasible strategy to get the new cards.

However, im fairly sure the cursed toad set is finished. Go check the reward book, and its different tabs:
2018 - the initial page with default leaders, 2019 - year of the wild boar, 2020 - year of wererat, 2021 - year of the great oak, 2022 - year of the cursed toad. Its likely 2023 will have one last tab.

I'm not sure that the 0/0 thing for the set is a bug, as it seems more like it hasn't been updated for whatever reason, assuming the set is now complete. It made sense to leave it at 0/0 while the individual instalments in the series dropped but not now, when it is supposed to be complete. This same nonsense is going to be repeated next year, by the looks of it. Fun times ahead.

How would you feel if CDPR later announced that due to the overwhelming popularity of the Cursed Toad set, they would be expanding the set with a new card drop next year? And they added, as part of the good news, that these new cards would be available in the CT kegs a while after the new cards dropped? I would have no words for how I felt about CDPR if they did that. It would be Elon Musk level trolling by them.

How did you get the complete set, assuming that S&P is now complete? Did you pay cash for the set or use gold to buy S&P kegs? If the latter and CDPR extended the set as mentioned above, that would make using gold to buy kegs from the set a hard way to get most, if not all, of the new cards, as the new cards would be harder to snag than if all the cards were released at the same time.

Not sure if I'll wait a few days for "0/0" to change or maybe bite the bullet and open the rest of the kegs in that set that I bought last week. I'm going to break things if more cards in the set drop.

Not sure what you mean about the Cursed Toad reward book entry. That's been there all year, as instalments in the series kept dropping. It being there isn't a guarantee that no more cards in the set will drop. I think there's a few of those Year Of trees that I never completed or even started, just because the rewards weren't that enticing.

Last edited:
The developers could choose to do almost anything regarding placement of future card drops in kegs — including something as ridiculous as calling them part of the Merchants of Offir card drop. But just because they could doesn’t mean they will. I think there is strong evidence to suggest the year of the cursed toad set is complete, including:
  • There have been no previous instances of cards being added to card set kegs (except for a very small handful that were not part of any expansion being counted as basic set) once those kegs were released
  • So far, there has been a reward tree entry for every year — with new years beginning in January. This would imply “Year of the Cursed Toad” will soon be over and a new year will begin.
  • Whatever else you might think of the developers, they have never shown any tendency to mislead customers regarding purchases — I see no reason to think that would change.
Based upon some of your questions, you make me wonder whether you have overlooked crafting specific cards using scraps. I have obtained the vast majority of the legendary cards in my collection by crafting using scraps — not by opening kegs.

The Cursed Toad kegs are AT LAST available, that means the set is complete.

It was strange to have card drops but not the kegs, for a full year. I'm sure people would have bought and open kegs for an incomplete set.

I think there is strong evidence to suggest the year of the cursed toad set is complete, including:
Based upon some of your questions, you make me wonder whether you have overlooked crafting specific cards using scraps. I have obtained the vast majority of the legendary cards in my collection by crafting using scraps — not by opening kegs.

Well, it's just bad housekeeping by the team not to have your Collection Progress reflect that the set is now complete. I wouldn't be posting this if they had done that.

I haven't overlooked crafting. Really, I don't want to play double figure numbers of matches everyday. I'm not that hardcore. Using gold to get the kegs in the set is just the optimal way for me to get the cards and then use scraps to get the ones that got away, so that I don't use a tonne of scraps to get the cards.

Anyway, I opened the rest of my CT kegs, trusting that there won't be any more new cards in the set dropped. So, that's it for this thread for me, unless CDPR does wrong by me on this.
Post automatically merged:

The Cursed Toad kegs are AT LAST available, that means the set is complete.

It was strange to have card drops but not the kegs, for a full year. I'm sure people would have bought and open kegs for an incomplete set.

It's not strange if you consider that CDPR is just trying make money from early adopters...sort of along "pay to win" lines. They took it to a whole new (bad) level though by making one card set be split into 3 instalments. They're likely to go that way next year with the last ever card drops. I won't be sad that there are no more card drops after that, given their new format for doing this.

You think that people bought regular - not Cursed Toad - kegs for a chance to get Cursed Toad cards? That would be sad and desperate! I didn't do that. I just stubbornly held off using gold to buy kegs until they released the CT set.

Top Bottom