Is the trailer from PS4 gameplay showing real footage from PS4 or not?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made this thread for people and I were making off topic posts in other treads. Trying to respect the rules.

In the ps4 gameplay trailer the game does not stutter(not once), its fluid, no streaming issue or texture loading in real time. Texture are clearly more detailed.

In comparison one can clearly see the loading of texture in real time, the streaming issue in the digital foundry video of reviewing ps4 version of cyberpunk 2077.
The reviewer clearly says game is running at 15 FPS, that it stutters, there is slow downs, even hang for a minute, visual quality is seriously compromised.
Resolution on PS4 is max at 900p and goes down to 720p. Mostly being 720p as the reviewer said.
Ps4 pro max at 1880p but mostly 900p-1080p.

Its clear the image in the ps4 gameplay trailer its more detailed then what was in reality on ps4 in digital foundry video.

digital foundry.png

digital foundry1.png

digital foundry2.png

On my pc (i5 6400 + GTX 1060) at 1080p game runs even more horribly then on consoles, with visuals more horrible then the ps4 gameplay trailer, stutters, slow downs, streaming issue and texture not loading just like digital foundry found.

What do you think is the trailer from PS4 gameplay showing real footage from PS4 or not?

Did CDPR tried to deceive by showing footage from pc instead at higher resolution and higher visual fidelity?

Attachments

• screenshot cyberpunk in game.png
    screenshot cyberpunk in game.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
The official PlayStation gameplay video is allegedly taken from a PS4 Pro, possibly with an SSD, however if it is, it is very cherry picked to show it performing at its best. They chose the Nomad intro for a reason (Badlands runs much better than inner cities on old-gen consoles), even base PS4 stabilizes a lot there.

That other video; from the channel Just Game Thing ... I've been playing on a Slim on release day and never saw performance or massive delayed texture pop-in like that. I suspect that like the official PS4 footage video, they were cherry picking to show it at its worst. Likewise my experience did not mirror the Digital Foundry video...

To compare, here are some videos that I took from my PS4 slim with its stock HDD prior to patch 1.1 (game version 1.06). I had to record these using the console's built-in video capture/upload capability, so there's compression/loss. Now I'm not saying it's perfect, and it is unacceptable in places, but general gameplay performance feels about in line with other games on that console (excluding ridiculously well optimized exclusives, etc. like Ghost of Tsushima). When they said it runs surprisingly well on old-gen, I get what they mean.

But I do believe that there is some deception going on both ways - from official trailers and people riding the hate train. What's strange is I believe it would be feasible for CDPR to make a legit old-gen PS4 trailer using footage from the system and make it look like it runs fine, so yeah - it's weird.

The official PlayStation gameplay video is allegedly taken from a PS4 Pro, possibly with an SSD, however if it is, it is very cherry picked to show it performing at its best. They chose the Nomad intro for a reason (Badlands runs much better than inner cities on old-gen consoles), even base PS4 stabilizes a lot there.

That other video; from the channel Just Game Thing ... I've been playing on a Slim on release day and never saw performance or massive delayed texture pop-in like that. I suspect that like the official PS4 footage video, they were cherry picking to show it at its worst. Likewise my experience did not mirror the Digital Foundry video...

To compare, here are some videos that I took from my PS4 slim with its stock HDD prior to patch 1.1 (game version 1.06). I had to record these using the console's built-in video capture/upload capability, so there's compression/loss. Now I'm not saying it's perfect, and it is unacceptable in places, but general gameplay performance feels about in line with other games on that console (excluding ridiculously well optimized exclusives, etc. like Ghost of Tsushima). When they said it runs surprisingly well on old-gen, I get what they mean.

But I do believe that there is some deception going on both ways - from official trailers and people riding the hate train. What's strange is I believe it would be feasible for CDPR to make a legit old-gen PS4 trailer using footage from the system and make it look like it runs fine, so yeah - it's weird.
There is this image from trailer:
digital foundry2.png

and this from digital foundry:
digital foundry1.png

There is clear difference in detailes and textures.
There is not way the footage from the ps4 pro gameplay trailer is 900p-1080p. It looks much better then what it looks even on my pc at 1080p. I have texture loading in real time on my pc or texture not loading unless i get close. Everything its blurry and looks like being smeared with vaseline.
cyber4.png

crop.png

The part where they drive the car through city and there is no stutter, no slow down, no texture loading in real time. That section its demanding.
Clearly fake in my opinion.
Do you not see the difference in details, textures?

You suspect they used SSD to bypass some of the problems even though most people would have HDD. Still deception.
Plus they did not show base ps4 at all.
There were the more apparent streaming and texture not loading problems.

Last edited:
"deceive" "clearly fake"

It's quite clear what is being implied here, and we have had more than enough of it. Please take your accusations somewhere else, as they are not welcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom