Is The Witcher 2 finished?

+

konros

Forum regular
Is The Witcher 2 finished?

Actually, this is the main question.
We know it is going to be released on Mac soon.
But will a new content fee or not free be released for TW2?

Thanks

I'm not sure what else can be added, story-wise, to the Witcher 2. The ending seems to perfectly flow into whatever will happen in TW3, so it's not like they can add DLC after the ending. And in between, I'm not really sure what can be added to enhance the story, or expand on the events that take place. Any mid-game DLC might feel out of place, as if it was just tacked onto the story, rather than being integrated into it.

I'm still hopeful of some bug fixes and the like, but content wise I bet they're done. And why not? They delivered the most epic RPG we've had in years, and I don't want to hear about chapter 3 anymore. It's short due to pacing.

ZoltanPwent said:
I'm not sure what else can be added, story-wise, to the Witcher 2. The ending seems to perfectly flow into whatever will happen in TW3, so it's not like they can add DLC after the ending. And in between, I'm not really sure what can be added to enhance the story, or expand on the events that take place. Any mid-game DLC might feel out of place, as if it was just tacked onto the story, rather than being integrated into it.
They may do something similar to what they did in TW 1. Some longer quests that were completely separate from the story.

360 might get some package although. does that game really needs more. xbox version came with 2.0 version of the game filled with DLC's. It would be nice to see some new missions etc. But I would rather want them to work on TW3 and Cyberpunk game.

jfprovata said:
I heard a rumor about a Christmas DLC. Also that Santa will be featured.
Haha, either The Wild Hunt DLC... or a Christmas card.

Hopefully we'll get some DLC when the Mac version is out. Maybe more if they decide to do a PS3 release.

jfprovata said:
360 might get some package although. does that game really needs more. xbox version came with 2.0 version of the game filled with DLC's. It would be nice to see some new missions etc. But I would rather want them to work on TW3 and Cyberpunk game.

They have a new team for Cyberpunk, so I'm sure the other team is working on The Witcher 3 already. In the conference it was said that they're working on TWO triple A games, yet only one was mentioned.

Hmmm... well i would love to see more DLC for TW2 but its very unlikely. I think that i read somewhere that CD Projekt has finished with new content for TW2 and they are working with other titles but at least they will continue patching it.

most probably TW2 is done storywise, unless they plan on a expansion. The ending was well paced to flow into TW3. So its the cyberpunk game for now and more news on TW3

I would love to see an expansion, taking place after TW2, placed somewhere on the way to Nilfgaard, like in Cintra or something...20 hours long, even linear..I just want more Witcher and do not want to wait 3 years for fullblown TW3.

We wanna everything! DLC's of TW2, patches which eleminate ALL bugs, surprising TW3 high quality, brand new amazing cyberpunk, and we're asking to CDPR for doing in less than 3 years! So.. we are very unconscious or very selfish or both. Or just we want that CDPR become a poor version of actual Bioware

I suspect we might see something more for TW2, but if we do it will probably have to be substantial like an expansion. The reason it would have to be substantial is the MS policy of no, or very limited, freebies distributed on Xbox live.

Now that the PC players, like me, are used to getting such a generous amount of free DLC from CDPR, they would be forced to charge for future DLC on all formats because of MS policy. If they didn't it would cause an uproar: if Xbox players were forced to pay, while PC players got it free, there would be outrage, so they would have no choice but to charge everyone, if only out of keeping the platforms equitable.

I don't know if that makes further content more or less likely, but it does make the decision more complicated for CDPR.

ElvisX3K said:
I suspect we might see something more for TW2, but if we do it will probably have to be substantial like an expansion. The reason it would have to be substantial is the MS policy of no, or very limited, freebies distributed on Xbox live.

Now that the PC players, like me, are used to getting such a generous amount of free DLC from CDPR, they would be forced to charge for future DLC on all formats because of MS policy. If they didn't it would cause an uproar: if Xbox players were forced to pay, while PC players got it free, there would be outrage, so they would have no choice but to charge everyone, if only out of keeping the platforms equitable.

I don't know if that makes further content more or less likely, but it does make the decision more complicated for CDPR.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe they are going to follow Microsoft's closed platform console policies on an open platform like PC. If they start charging, I'm out. Their philosophy right now is letting all consumers enjoy their products without nickel and diming them.

Forum veteran
bcheero said:
If they start charging, I'm out. Their philosophy right now is letting all consumers enjoy their products without nickel and diming them.
I could swear that they always said that expansions would something they charged for while DLC would always be free. Found this that seems to confirm that, but I know I read it somewhere else.

227 said:
I could swear that they always said that expansions would something they charged for while DLC would always be free. Found this that seems to confirm that, but I know I read it somewhere else.

Exactly. That's what I meant by any further content would be on an expansion scale, rather than DLC scale.

Unless they have already made a deal with MS to allow additional small scale content to be distributed without charge, we should expect any additional content to be paid content, and thus on an expansion scale, because they always said that that scale of content is where they would feel it appropriate to charge for the content.

If they released something for free to PC players, but had to charge Xbox players, it would result in a scandal for CDPR. The only fair way for them to do any further content would be to charge everyone the same price.

If your game is multi-platform, you will be dealing with the limitations that closed systems like Xbox Live impose. I'd rather not have to deal with those limitations, but it wasn't my decision.

Top Bottom