Is there a Caster Class or Playstyle in Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Is there a Caster Class or Playstyle in Cyberpunk 2077?

No magic or occult. But simply a class that doesnt rely on weapons or at least the traditional gun fire.

Nanobot infections? electric bolts? concentrated energy beams? freezing sprays? etc ...

No magic or occult. But simply a class that doesnt rely on weapons or at least the traditional gun fire.

Nanobot infections? electric bolts? concentrated energy beams? freezing sprays? etc ...

The point of Cyberpunk, to me, is that it is still grounded in plausible technology. The idea of a 'caster class' that doesn't use weaponry pushes a lot further towards games like Shadowrun - more Sci-FI/Fantasy than Cyberpunk.

I am sure though that, as @Maelcom404 pointed out, Techies could create devices that would be able to achieve non-conventional attacks. But the point is that they would be the devices, not innate abilities. Think more like Batman and Iron Man - it's the gadgets that give them their 'powers' - under the suits they are still just human beings.

I still think Technomancer would be an interesting character concept.

Again, more Shadowrun and less Cyberpunk. The concept is too fantastic for me in the Cyberpunk setting.

But I would love to play an updated version of Cybergen. It would be my go-to class for that sort of game.

No... there is no caster class.... at least not in the sense of wizards with combat spells slinging fireballs...

Technology of Cyberpunk is forseeable and believable in relation to the technology of today... even the wierder stuff has grounding in reality...

If you want something that fires electric bolts... well, get yourself a taser... or maybe an EMP rifle (if you can get your hands on one, good luck with that btw)

But anything of the sort is still going to use the related weapon skill.

The closest thing available, and the cyberpunk equivalent of a wizard, is the netrunner, but all his "casting" takes place in the digital realm" where he can set up his avatar to look like a wizard if he really wants, but but his casting is going to be the equivalent of adding video game graphics to his hacking abilities (which the original game rules supported at least in description, but they are pretty much unplayable).... of course the only people able to see your "csdting effects" are going to be the ones jacked in to the computer spectating... which means maybe the bored techie or medtechie, while the rest of the classes actually do all the real work and accuse you of playing video games while they were risking their lives...

Actually creating an EMP is fairly easy, the problems are making it powerful enough to have a useful range and directing it at only a specific target.
As wisdom said, getting your hands on an EMP rifle ... good luck.

Hey, I've accused of playing games when coming up with creative ways to code things!

Top Bottom