Is there a way to always show the "lootable icon" on lootable items, so you dont have to scan all the time?

+
Just bought the game and already my "must scan everything to avoid missing any loot OCD" is already triggering. Scanning 360° every 5 meters.... It's really annoying and also not something I can turn off in my retarded brain unfortunately.

In Horizon Forbidden West you had the option to turn all lootable items and all interactables to "always on", but I can't find an option like that here, or a mod that does this.

Am I missing something? Surely we're not supposed to be scanning 24/7 just to not miss any loot?

So, on my side, just a short pulse on the scanner is enough to highlight loot (even behind you).
And more important, I think the "most important" loot (blue/rare, purple/epic and yellow/legendary) don't require to scan for appearing on the HUD.

Also the scanner is supposed too "learn" your behaviour and i notice the higher level i become the more loot shows without having too scan. Sadly i allways have too scan anyways since if i miss stuff because it dont show its annoying ^^

Isn't it so that loot is always highlighted, an that it is a matter of distance before the icon pops up?
I rarely ever scan for loot but I still find many so long as I move close enough.
To me its just a matter of walking around a bit and this "issue" solves itself.

Also, and this will probably be a bit triggering as such.
If you get 'triggered' because you feel like you MUST find all the loot... Maybe your in a bit of a wrong mindset there.

Also the scanner is supposed too "learn" your behaviour and i notice the higher level i become the more loot shows without having too scan.
Maybe more high level you are, enemies and containers will "drop" more often valuable items (rare/epic/legendary) which don't require to scan for being displayed on the HUD :)
Post automatically merged:

Isn't it so that loot is always highlighted, an that it is a matter of distance before the icon pops up?
Yep, the distance is variable for each quality without scanning (common very close > legendary very far)
Without scanning, a junk item will appear just in front of you. But if you scan, it will appear as far as all the other items :)

Last edited:
Am I missing something? Surely we're not supposed to be scanning 24/7 just to not miss any loot?
It's worth noting that after the low-level game (after approx level 10) you're really not going to want to be wasting your time on a lot of the trash loot.

Edibles & drinkables just take up space, aren't very useful past the beginning of the game and don't have decent sale value. Even healing items, I stopped needing very early. Once you've got some decent cyberware to heal you, you're not going to need to hold onto more than 5 healing items max, even if you're not very good at the game. Sure every now and then you'll come across one of the 750 eddie junk items but even then I'm not sure those are worth the time to find and pick up.

In the later-game you'll be screaming for a loot filter function so that you don't even see low-value trash anymore.

most of the playthroughs I go though I have the perk that allows me to automatically disassemble and break down junk, and I break down the rest of the stuff like greys and greens to get parts to craft stuff. The X icons on the mini map are helpful but they only show bodies and not actual items.

Top Bottom