Is there a way to increase difficulty BEYOND Very Hard? Maybe Ini Edits or console commands?

+
Very Hard is simply too easy. This has absolutely nothing to do with skill and everything to do with how damage scaling works. Enemies seem to hit hard enough, but don't have enough health. I feel like I have to completely ignore a good portion of the damage perks in this game because it's far too easy. Look at this video;
Or this one

Enemies die in seconds even when they're your own level. Yes, I know Katana's and Intelligence are kinda broken, but it's not just them. Tech lets you scale damage so ridiculously high, you can hit for hundreds of thousand.
go further beyond plus ultra.jpg

Now of course this is at max level abusing crit damage and stealth modifiers, but the fact that the game lets you do this without any form of glitching proves how easily abusable the damage stats are in this game. At level 30 I can hit for 50k as Reflex Pistol Stealth. On another play style, I can hit for 20k at level 30 with Hammers.

I have to actively avoid damage modifiers because they're so ridiculously stupid and high and at that point, I feel like I would be better off playing a different game because if I'm just gonna ignore every single perk in this game, then what's the point?

So as the title says, does anyone know a way to advance enemy health, stats and whatever else in the game, maybe through console commands or ini edits.

I have played this game on very hard with a perkless run while refusing to use epic & legendary gear and tech weapons. I came to the conclusion that no this game will never be hard with this kind of AI and lack of enemy variety. Eventually you will outscale the enemies, and going perkless just delays the inevitable. At best you will randomly get one shotted from some explosion but I am not sure if that counts as challenge but just being annoying.

Not using perks, not using legendary weapons and mods? Just using basic guns? You can torture yourself in this game by doing fistfights on very hard.. It's awful.

A lot of people cry when enemies in a lot of games on very hard are being bullet sponges. But I get your point. In Witcher 3 on Death March was the right balance for me. But it also became easy after getting more potions etc. Maybe they could look at the balance of combat in Witcher 3. It would be more fun if the AI was smarter. And a bit of more health or maybe nerf some weapons/perks. Or maybe they could make a new difficulty and call it death march :)

I am enjoying overkilling because of my build. Having a blast with my sandevistan + blade + cold blood/stealth build on very hard mode. So not annoyed yet. But maybe they can change how fast you level. Because without even trying hard I am almost level 50.

Because without even trying hard I am almost level 50.
That's another issue I have. You outscale everything way, way too fast. I do only a few of the story quests just to open up the map and I'm already a level 18. I've been playing on a new save for only three hours and I've already almost made the beginning zone completely pointless. Everything there now says easy. If I do missions there, I'll get to 25+ and then everything in the next zone over will be "Easy".

This game shines from it's side quests. I personally find the main quest boring, especially since it feels so rushed and small. But a lot of the side quests are fantastic. But being so powerful, it may as well be a point and click adventure. There is no ACTION. It's just move to new area, nuke everyone, enter dialogue. I'm always too high, too powerful. I know a lot of people hate scaling enemies to your own level, but even that would be preferable to what we have. I choose VERY HARD for a reason.

This game shines from it's side quests. I personally find the main quest boring, especially since it feels so rushed and small. But a lot of the side quests are fantastic. But being so powerful, it may as well be a point and click adventure. There is no ACTION. It's just move to new area, nuke everyone, enter dialogue. I'm always too high, too powerful. I know a lot of people hate scaling enemies to your own level, but even that would be preferable to what we have. I choose VERY HARD for a reason.

I also love a lot of side quests. Sometimes I just go to missions rated high/very high. But those also getting way to easy. But those almost don't exist because my level is getting high to fast. I hope I still be enjoying this game. But when I hear you say these things.. It might get boring for me as well.

the problem is the ai. the ai on those spider enemies in the witcher 3 hearts of stone expansion was better than anything here in CP2077.

right now I'm just dumping points into body and reflex and playing "stupid" on very hard with a katana, not upgrading stuff or doing anything.

The problem with this game being too easy is twofold. The player's stats scale way out of proportion with the enemies and the enemies are also just not smart enough to deal with all the things the player can do. Both require major patching to fix, a simple stat adjustment on the enemies won't do it.

They need to adjust all kinds of things with the player scaling. When you start stacking mods and cyberware it's just too easy to get into things like 100% crit chance, or so much armor that nothing can hurt you. Even without mods, some perk combos are extremely strong.

They also really need to work on the AI and general combat systems. They need to make it much harder to hide from enemies once they know they are under attack. Enemies need to actively search for their attacker, call in backup, and if they can't find someone find a way to dig in and force you to change tactics. There are way too many situations where enemies just don't have a response to what's happening to them, and that makes the game feel cheesy even if you're not rocking any overpowered gear or perk combos.

Basically good combat design forces you to change tactics and never abandon the basics. Having powerful moves isn't the problem, it's being able to just use them over and over that makes things boring.

This is what happens when skills and mods are just stat modifiers instead of actual gameplay unlocks.

Top Bottom